Rising of the Shield hero/ Obsessed 🤣

Seshi

Honestly, I wouldnt have minded if Myne died..

but the punishment didnt seem to fit for the King. Stripping him of his title and such would be just fine for him, since he was largely clueless to the purely evil schemes of Myne.. She is the one who should have been more harshly punished.

• Agree 1

If things go how the original version of the series supposedly went...

Myne will get killed in some incident, and the king discovers that she was related the to one behind the waves, no longer considering her his daughter.

[/spolier]

No problem. It will probably be a while though before we get there.

Plus, as I already noted, the light novel is said to have some changes made from the original story, so things might end up being different when we find out the truth about the waves.

• Like 1

Sorry I haven’t made any episode specific comments in a couple weeks, but everytime I start it turns into an unwieldy ramble. This series really gets me worked up because there are aspects I really like, but also one that drive me into a rant :lol:

Currently my #3 seed for the season behind Dororo and  Attack on Titan.

This week’s reveals didn’t come as any real surprise, but it was still a good episode. With next week being the season finale, there’s no way everything will be wrapped up, but wonder what kind of note it will end on.

• Agree 1

I watched episode 22 earlier today, and found it to be mostly okay, though I did like how hard it was for Melty and the queen to use Myne’s new name.

Only other thing that was nice was how the other three heroes were put in their place, though not quite as enjoyable as hearing Myne’s new name.

• Like 1

Just finished watching the season finale. The last fight proved to be underwhelming, but it redeemed itself somewhat with the sentiment in the 2nd half of the episode.  I’ll probably post some more indepth comments once I’ve had some time to reflect on things and put my thoughts in order.

Another season is almost inevitable, but that will probably be next year at the earliest. As it stands this will be my #2 or #3 for the season depending on the next episode of AoT.

• Agree 1

On the Calmira I was really hoping they include the swapping of teams, for eg naofumi's party will be teamed up with other heroes and naofum will be put to other heroes party to help them work as one unit even though they got separated but it was a bit of waste of time on the novel because of the other heroes character are too hopeless to work with but I really love the idea that Ren's team was the most cooperative of them all to Naofumi's cost, and like Naofumi expression for them is a perfect team to work with.  I also kinda disappointed that they didnt include the story of the previous heroes and mention the other animal costume. but other than that I think its good

@kage dont worry if they will do the same thing like in the novel you'll see some justice in Turtle arc but I kinda hated that ren's team will be wipeout too in the process. they'll finally accept that everything is not a game anymore.

• Like 1

Well this thread went all the way to the finale! It was fun. Thanks for all of your commitment to the series this season, and to coming back to chat about it here, I really enjoyed it!

I am at episode 23 right now. I kinda wonder why they did this whole leveling up at the island thing. Was it just to move the plot forward as soon as possible or is there something else to it? I don't mind it, just wondering. L'Arc and Theresa seem quite suspicious, and I don't buy the whole them not thinking that Naofumi is actually the Shield Hero. How many episodes are left in this season?

8 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

I am at episode 23 right now. I kinda wonder why they did this whole leveling up at the island thing. Was it just to move the plot forward as soon as possible or is there something else to it? I don't mind it, just wondering. L'Arc and Theresa seem quite suspicious, and I don't buy the whole them not thinking that Naofumi is actually the Shield Hero. How many episodes are left in this season?

Perhaps their ideas of the Shield hero don’t allow them to see him as the Shield hero, sort of like a - I don’t want to believe it situation.

I liked the bonus level type of thing that the island provided. I like to think of it as a video game extra.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I liked the bonus level type of thing that the island provided. I like to think of it as a video game extra.

Grinding to increase your levels & stats before a big boss fight is standard rpg procedure anyway

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

It’s still a ways off, but season 2 is scheduled for October now.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-03-06/rise-of-the-shield-hero-anime-2nd-season-premieres-in-october-with-crunchyroll-streaming/.170304

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...