Sign in to follow this  
Seshi

Rising of the Shield hero/ Obsessed 🤣

I wasn't totally convinced of it at first as well. Now I think it is pretty alright. Not the best anime I've ever seen but it is worth watching and I think quite fun to watch :)

8 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

I wasn't totally convinced of it at first as well. Now I think it is pretty alright. Not the best anime I've ever seen but it is worth watching and I think quite fun to watch :)

I share your sentiment here. I mran it is dope to be sure, and I love the story as well as the art. Though it is certainly not my favorite of even the year so far. Though its a bit early for that. 

• Like 1

I feel like this anime was a huge case of wasted potential. I feel the same way about SAO. The begin was so inspired and original only for it to turn in to a typical harem anime. Still worth the watch though. 

2 hours ago, LonelyPoet said:

I feel like this anime was a huge case of wasted potential. I feel the same way about SAO. The begin was so inspired and original only for it to turn in to a typical harem anime. Still worth the watch though. 

It certainly is niche for sure, and certainly not for everyone. Though it is a very interesting twist on the iskeiki genre. After finishing whats out this far I am certainly gonna be finishing it.

I have read some saying it is more, or less a waste, but I guess I don't understand why.

I think a lot of people were expecting it to be edgier and darker. Personally, I don’t mind that it’s not all bitterness and betrayal.

I actually have a bit of trouble seeing it as a harem, I mean Goblinslayer had more ladies interested in him (Cowgirl, Priestess, High Elf, Guild Girl, Sword Maiden) :lol:

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

I think a lot of people were expecting it to be edgier and darker. Personally, I don’t mind that it’s not all bitterness and betrayal.

I actually have a bit of trouble seeing it as a harem, I mean Goblinslayer had more ladies interested in him (Cowgirl, Priestess, High Elf, Guild Girl, Sword Maiden) :lol:

I do agree that I do wish things would take a bit more of a darker turn then they have, With that said though it is called Rising of the Shield Hero is that alone would indicate him redeeming himself by the end. It dose seem though every time things could get darker it pulls a light heated joke at the last minute. Of course all this said we are only half way through the series as of yet so there is still plenty of time.

I feel like it definitely has the potential to get very dark, now that the curse series is unlocked. You know there has to be something coming that was different from the beginning.