Seshi

Rising of the Shield hero/ Obsessed 🤣

The above post was just me rooting for and being generally excited that they are showing Raphatalia & Naofumi together 💕

Edited by Seshi

13 minutes ago, Seshi said:

The above post was just me rooting for and being generally excited that they are showing Raphatalia & Naofumi together 💕

The preview for the 2nd cour showed  a conversation between the two that should make you very happy (think it may actually happen in this week’s episode)

• Friendly 1

Spear hero has already made his preference known (and apparently he’s a masochist considering what happens everytime he crosses paths with Filo) :P

• Silly 1

Let’s try and keep this discussion based on the anime, and please don’t put spoilers from the manga or light novel, as this is the anime discussion, and it a: has differences from the original content and b: not everyone watching the anime has read the manga or light novel.

• Agree 1

Quite the heavy episode. (are spoiler tags still wanted here?)

Now that I know the story, I don't think I could have blamed Raphtalia for seriously hurting that scumbag Idol Rabier. He even tried to kill her after she spared his life. But what the heck was that whole dinosaur squashing him part? Seemed a bit uninspired.

Raphtalia really had a difficult life but at least she got to see some of her old villagers again. I liked that there was at least some upside to this, even with the whole Rifana tragedy.

Edited by Illusion of Terra

I didn’t have a problem with the end results of this episode, just the stereotypical way it all played out.

Raphtalia get’s her payback by stabbing the Duke (non-fatally because it’s a spirit sword) and making the requisite “killing you would make me no better than you” speech. He then trips over his own weapon and falls several stories, but survives so he can be squashed by the T-Rex he summons. All just to leave absolutely no doubt that Raphtalia is 150% blameless in his death. It just seems an excessive amount of improbable events to support an unrealistic ideal of heroism (puts me in mind of the edited Han Solo/Greedo scene).[/spolier]

Setting  all that aside, it was good to see Raphtalia reunited with survivors from her village, though once again believability is set aside for dramatic affect with

her friend’s body being left to decompose in the cell still clutching the flag

Also the deepening of the bond between Naofumi and Raphtalia was heart warming.

With the conclusion of this episode, all scenes from the earlier preview has been covered, so no idea where things go from here. Though the title of the next ep makes it sound like Filo may evolve to an even more OP form

Edited by Ohiotaku

Got done watching this week’s episode, and really enjoyed it.

It was nice to see how far Naofumi had come since the beginning, and Raphtalia stabbed the guy I wanted dead.

Only thing I did not like was that he survived Raphtalia’s attack.

Raphtalia:

Is everyone just unimpressed with the huge dinosaur that just got summoned? I’m truly excited to see this battle. 

Sad episode, I definitely teared up a few times. I’m glad there were survivors there from that cruel dungeon, but also can’t fathom the state those Demi humans must be in emotionally and physically after such prolonged treatment.

Would it be bad for me to assume that the trauma they were subjected to will push them over the edge? I could definitely see that little guy becoming enraged, power hungry and self destructive. But I hope it doesn’t come to that.