Seshi

Rising of the Shield hero/ Obsessed 🤣

Just that, he did have multiple Opportunities to listen to the Shield hero.. who he should have sided with in the beginning based on their mutual bond as hero’s (IMO) if they didn’t have mistrust for each other as hero’s they would have never been divided this whole time. Granted, the accusations were very serious, but that doesn’t mean they should have ignored his plea of innocence even as there was no actual evidence of wrongdoing and they didn’t even do an investigation or character evaluation.

By and large the ones who should get the most flack are those who accuse an innocent man

Edited by Seshi
  • Like 1

Yeah, that's true, their reactions at the start were not very wise. I also think they didn't take someone with a shield for a weapon seriously. Well, let's see if they learn from it, although in Spear Hero's case I wouldn't be so sure 😂

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

@Seshi I'll have to argue on Spear Hero's behalf here, never thought I'd do that though 😂 Naofumi trusted Myne blindly and she betrayed him. However, Spear Hero could not have learned from that at that point in time, because Spear Hero thought that Myne never betrayed Naofumi but the other way around. Now, you can say that Spear Hero could have learned from (what he thought to be) Myne's mistake and blindly trust Naofumi which led to her being sexually assaulted. But then again he might not have had any reason to doubt Myne, who he simply took to be a victim of Naofumi. I still think his position was bit difficult. Distrust in a party is not advantageous, especially when you have to rely on each other in life and death situations. Still, like I said he should have listened to Naofumi's defense at multiple points in time.

I think what we can all agree on, though, is that Myne was wretched through and through.

I think you raise a good point here, though I would say it is important to doubt your own party members too. As humans, we do have difficulties doubting people we trust or think we can trust, and fall prey to thinking certain conclusions based on incomplete stats, but because your party can betray you, you must douby your fellow members.

And yeah, Myne is wretched. Of course, that just makes me more excited for what supposedly happens to her.

• Like 1

@brycec This is becoming philosophical 😂I can understand your reasoning and it seems quite rational, I still think that there are people which you should trust and not doubt even if they can betray you. In fact, I hold the position that you can only trust someone if they can betray you, but not everyone shares this notion. Anyway, in this particular case, while I still think Spear Hero is in a large degree to blame, there are at least some circumstances which make some of his actions more understandable.

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

This is becoming philosophical 😂

Conversations tend to be more interesting that way anyway. Don’t you think? After all, it gets boring otherwise.

• Like 1

I think a big part of Spear’s  problem is he sees himself as the gallant hero rescuing damsels in distress and making them swoon. I think Myne picked up that he was particularly gullible in this respect and used it not only in her own false accusations but also in convincing him that Raphtalia, Filo & Melty were being forced/controlled by Naofumi. Granted pretty much all guys (including Naofumi) are subject to that, but Spear seems to have a particular weakness for it as well as flattery.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Illusion of Terra said:

@brycec Well, I am a philosopher, so I try to hold back with the philosophy stuff in order to not bore others 😂

I am not much of a philosopher, but people around me think I am. I focus more on psychological stuff and understanding of things, which helps me to see different possibilities and stuff, which has gotten me attention from people in the mental health and other related sectors.

Still, I do tend to think and use my mind a lot.

3 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

From someone who 'thinks' for a living, all I can say is don't overdo it and enjoy the little and simple things in life 😂 otherwise it makes your brain mush after a while 😂

Might be kind of hard for me, since that is also where most of my capabilities reside. Plus, we, as humans, cannot really enjoy those simple things, even if we know it is important, because so much gets in the way in this cage we created for ourselves.

• Like 1