Seshi

Rising of the Shield hero/ Obsessed 🤣

The next wave is in two days.. The characters need new equipment.. And @WedgyI think you're onto something with L'Arc being involved in the waves.

I think after Naofumi used his shields special moves, his real identity was confirmed, and they saw that he was truly the shield hero. So they decided to part ways, instead of teaming up after that, leading me to believe that they will be the opponent come the next wave... All speculation of course. It doesn't make too much sense as of yet. It will be good to finally see more backstory on the wave enemies and what their intentions are for teaming up against the heroes.

One thing that has me perplexed on the exact intention of the opposition... L'Arc seems to care for the people of the world, and not want them to perish, so if they truly do want to defeat the heroes, and are perhaps just using the waves as a means to that end.. I have to wonder why.

Edited by Seshi

Looks like a hero to me, most likely the same as the fan user.

Not sure how things have gone in the light novel, though there are said to be differences between the original work and official work, but

An avatar of the one behind the waves has already been introduced in this series, before we even knew it.

Anyway, I just watched episode 21, and I was majorly disappointed. It was not bad, but I really wanted to see some blood from at least one of the people that deserved death, especially since the decision was initially execution.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, brycec said:

Looks like a hero to me, most likely the same as the fan user.

Not sure how things have gone in the light novel, though there are said to be differences between the original work and official work, but

Hide contents

An avatar of the one behind the waves has already been introduced in this series, before we even knew it.

Anyway, I just watched episode 21, and I was majorly disappointed. It was not bad, but I really wanted to see some blood from at least one of the people that deserved death, especially since the decision was initially execution.

I really thought the same for them.. Much too light of a punishment. They should have been banished at least.

40 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I really thought the same for them.. Much too light of a punishment. They should have been banished at least.

Banishment/exile could work, but they might stir up others. After all, the the heroes cult still had people on the run, so death works better.

Of course, I could have accepted things better if it was Naofumi who demanded execution and the queen negotiated things down to giving them demeaning names, which was what I was hoping it would be.

Edited by brycec

Honestly, I wouldnt have minded if Myne died..

but the punishment didnt seem to fit for the King. Stripping him of his title and such would be just fine for him, since he was largely clueless to the purely evil schemes of Myne.. She is the one who should have been more harshly punished.

• Agree 1

If things go how the original version of the series supposedly went...

Myne will get killed in some incident, and the king discovers that she was related the to one behind the waves, no longer considering her his daughter.

[/spolier]

Thanks for sharing. I really am looking forward to all of this coming to a climax.

No problem. It will probably be a while though before we get there.

Plus, as I already noted, the light novel is said to have some changes made from the original story, so things might end up being different when we find out the truth about the waves.

• Like 1

Sorry I haven’t made any episode specific comments in a couple weeks, but everytime I start it turns into an unwieldy ramble. This series really gets me worked up because there are aspects I really like, but also one that drive me into a rant :lol:

Currently my #3 seed for the season behind Dororo and  Attack on Titan.