Need Feedback For A Story Idea

Ryan Dave Jimenez

So I've had this idea in my head for weeks now. And it won't go away. That's usually a sign for me to proceed with it.

But I would like to hear what other people think.

I want to make a story about a guy who decides to quit his job, quit being an employee, and start a company. Become an entrepreneur. 

It's similar to Bakuman and Shirobako. But the focus is on launching a tech start-up.

You could say an anime version of the TV show Silicon Valley:

vbzt8pX.png

But unlike Silicon Valley I want to give it progression.  The guy will either achieve his dreams or not. (For those who don't watch that TV show, every season the main character doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. )

It would be slice of life, a touch of comedy, and will have romance in it.

So what do you think? How does it sound to you?

And will you watch it even though you're not interested in entrepreneurship or tech startups? 

It certainly sounds interesting. I'd cheek it out if you end up posting it up on the forums. I don't think that sort of sttory is something I'd look for on my own though. Best of luck with writing if you do go for it.

7 hours ago, Beocat said:

Probably not for me... but I can see where others might enjoy it.

Yeah it's definitely a niche.

7 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

It certainly sounds interesting. I'd cheek it out if you end up posting it up on the forums. I don't think that sort of sttory is something I'd look for on my own though. Best of luck with writing if you do go for it.

Thank you. I definitely will be updating here on the forums. As I plan to turn it into a manga or an animated series. (like 2-3 minute episodes)

24 minutes ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

Yeah it's definitely a niche.

Thank you. I definitely will be updating here on the forums. As I plan to turn it into a manga or an animated series. (like 2-3 minute episodes)

If you do end up going that route I suggest Manga Studio for if it becomes a manga, or Adobe Animate if it is turned into a animation. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

Great suggestions. They will definitely help. I will check them out.

No problem. I am most happy to help. :) I personally have never actually used Manga Studio hands on. Though I have qatched quite a few tutorials on it. In terms of the Adobe Suite I have used that for my whole life so I have no doubt it'll at least be a viable opinion. 

1 minute ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

Have you tried Paint Tool Sai? I've seen a lot of artists use it and I was wondering what it can do that others can't.

This is admittedly the first I have heard of it, but I just looked it up, and from what I can see its slightly more feature rich than paint 3D, and slightly less so than AI, and about the same as GIMP. Though its more for drawing where is GIMP is more for editing graphics like PS.

• 1 month later...