Open Club  ·  54 members

Mystery Club
thehafsus55

So.. will hyouka get any sequel soon ?

so hi everybody i am new to this site, and to this club, and i hope we all have a good time talking about animes and stuff :)

so had this question for a while, since im a big, and i mean HUGE hyouka fan ;

will it get a sequel ? like a second season, a movie, or even OVAs or specials ?

cause lots of other fans said "yes why not" as well as those who said " no that'd be boring"

what do you guys think about it ? it really deserves a sequel even though the end was an end to the whole story as far as we all think :/

I did like Hyouka, but I would be reluctant to see a second season.  They didn't really leave any loose ends so any second season would have to be a new storyline, and I'm still working off issues from FLCL2 so... no, not looking for a second season.  I might go for *an* episode that does a better ending though, or maybe even a movie.  Maybe.  I'd have to be convinced.

• Useful 1

15 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I did like Hyouka, but I would be reluctant to see a second season.  They didn't really leave any loose ends so any second season would have to be a new storyline, and I'm still working off issues from FLCL2 so... no, not looking for a second season.  I might go for *an* episode that does a better ending though, or maybe even a movie.  Maybe.  I'd have to be convinced.

Right ! hope they just think about it, given the fact that it has aired back in 2012, its been a while but dont give up hope haha :))

It's pretty unlikely. Hyouka ended with no source material to continue. I have also read the Light Novel and the ending was the same.

I will just tag along with @efaardvark and say that I would rather see a movie. Maybe one where all of them are grown ups. I'm kinda curious to see adult Houtarou.

18 hours ago, Muco said:

It's pretty unlikely. Hyouka ended with no source material to continue. I have also read the Light Novel and the ending was the same.

I will just tag along with @efaardvark and say that I would rather see a movie. Maybe one where all of them are grown ups. I'm kinda curious to see adult Houtarou.

same here ! curious to see the new side stories adaptated into OAV's or movies; you know, for example, the one where they explain how hotarou made eveyone hate him or something

• Similar Content

• By jacob1981
      Hi everyone,
      Please help me track down an anime I saw as kid. Certainly I don't remember the title, but I remember some of the plot and what the characters looked like. It was a sci-fi. I remember it was about a princess (I presume she was) being abducted and our heroes travel on a space ship to rescue her. The main male protagonist was thin, wore blue jeans, green T-shirt, carried a knife, among the rest of the rescuers there were 2 other guys, one wearing glasses, grey trousers, white T-shirt, was extremely fearful. Also there was a fat guy who most likely wore a green T-shirt, very fearful too. Also they had a robot teammate accompanying them.
      There was a scene where our rescuers reach something resembling a shaft, with blue walls. A descent into the cave. They start climb it down. As they look down, it’s descending into darkness, while when they look up, there’s a bright light above. Then they end up inside an underground cave.
      The only villain I remember was the Cyclops in the cave, this one scared me a lot as a kid. I remember there's a part where the princess is shown chained in the cave and the Cyclops was sleeping beside her/guarding. As the heroes are walking the cave, Pink Floyd's "Time" is playing (I remember that part was very scary back then).
      That's all I manage to remember, the easiest way to identify this would be the cyclops and Pink Floyd's "Time". It was a wonderful anime from what I remember.
      Somebody please help me find this. I absolutely loved it as a kid.
      Thanks in advance so much.
    • By Strelizia
      Recently watched Highschool DxD and Darling in the Franxx, I'm looking for a new anime to watch similar to these two. Any suggestions?
    • By aestheticserr
      So I just finished reading Uzumaki by Junji Ito. 
      I gotta say I will not be looking at Spirals the same anymore.
      But one thing I couldn't help but think Shuichi was like from the very first chapter says let's leave this town. KIrie kept avoided the question and by chapter 18 if I remember correctly she says we need to find a way out. well, what do we have here? 
      I never knew you could make spirals into something horrifying. But Junji Ito made it into something horrifying. 
      Another thing that I am thinking is so the town was basically a ghost town that rebuilds over years and new people come into finding the town but can't leave but make do with what they have. 
      I felt so bad for Shuichi, he wanted to leave but did he know that they couldn't leave the town? I take it probably not. But the time in town vs the outskirts of the town time is way different. I have a lot to say but I I will end on this note, I will be talking about more tomorrow at my manga club on instagram tomorrow.
      But I just wanted to dump some of my thoughts on this series here. If you have anything else to add please add it and we can keep the conversation going.

Shuichi is such a good boy and I love him and Kirire together!T-T

• By IIVIsouljam
      This poem came about when I mindlessly fell for someone that turned out to be very toxic. Also, I'm new and have no idea if I'm going about posting this in the right way? 😆

Evil in White

Catching the twilight hour within your hair
      Was enough to divest me bare
      Nothing from my lips can fashion you in gold
      Yet it seems a constant lambency to which I behold
      Wild as the wind, restless and vexed
      Walking on a garden green, where surely I am hexed
      A flower in your current, that tumbles from her vine
      For cordial rivers sweep within you, a blue serpentine
      There are no stars that fall tonight
      They are your gilded crown of might
      I am descrying through pellucid jade
      At an azure dancer whispering to the glade
      With all this power set within your eyes
      For me, the least surprise,
      was the eternity of the skies
      If there was wisdom beating in this heart
      I would not be tempted to impart
      The velvet in your lonely words
      Cut divinity into thirds
      Looming now a profound fear
      An intoxicating verdict my dear
      My weakness resting on each excuse
      Where even the sun might you seduce
      When the amber rays swell to a coral rush
      Swaying on a majestic horizon with a blush
      Just to kiss you softly with a breeze
      I am now but on my knees
      With your name clawing from my chest
      Permitting me to a feverish protest
      I am reduced to the fiend of you
      Falling on the blade of your fallacious virtue
      Have your roots slither deep and coil tight
      Should have known that evil comes dressed in white
    • By jubacard
      Hello everyone my name is Julian Barragan but y'all can call me Jubacard here lol. 
      I'm a proffessional filmmaker from Colombia that for some reason decided to start writting a manga lol. 
      I'm familiar with the rules of story structure and I add my flare to it, but this is for sure my first attempt at a shonen format. 

The lore of the story Centers Around The Morai Agency. They have the job of fixing time anomalies throughout space and time. Matsuko is our rebel member of Morai, and ise, our protagonist is a first semester college student who doesn't know what to do with his life, they meet and go on crazy space and time adventures. 

It's done in a screenwritting format but with some liberties taken. 
      Every type of comment of suggestion is recieved! thank you! I wanna write as much as possible.  If any of you want to draw any of the situations or characters, I'd love to see what this story can inspire. Hey, maybe a collab with someone? 
      Journey of the dimensions Episode 1.pdf
Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!