Hunter X Hunter

USRanger

Question

Hey all,

So im new to the anime world. Before I watched anything I always thought anime was stupid and never really had an interest, until I watched Hunter X Hunter. After that show, I’m in love with anime.

I know this question probably has been asked many times before, but I’m looking for specifics. In Hunter X Hunter, as I assume most of y’all have seen it. It has a rich story which really got me interested, but later on in the show, the plutonic relationship between Killua and Gon also intrigued me. I’ve never seen anything like it in any show and I did a *quick* research and don’t see any other anime alike.

The two young boys who are like brother figures to each other that both go out and explore the world getting themselves into danger or challenges but eventually succeed through. It makes me feel happy seeing them enjoy themselves while exploring the world together.

So, my question is really, are there any other anime shows almost exactly alike Hunter X Hunter? Also, I apologize if some things don’t make sense or sound weird, I typed this up late at night and I don’t explain things very well when I’m tired.

Thanks,

Ranger.

6 answers to this question

Digging topics on Hunter x Hunter as I was about to start a new one.

Hunter x Hunter remains among my golden favorites, alongside Death Note and Attack on Titan. I only read the manga when the anime was too good and it was the case for this list.

I just finished Stars Align today and I'd add that to the list for sure. Its a sports anime not adventure, but the two main characters are brotherly just like gon and killua. If youre into sports at all check it out 

On 4/13/2020 at 5:28 AM, Seshi said:

You may also enjoy Dragon ball Z. Naruto, and One Piece.

Yep, seen these except for Naruto (I know, it's very famous but I still haven't watched it). One Piece seems to be never-ending though. I'll probably check out Stars Align too.