Question about making a thread in the Creative Writing Section

HanaApril

Question

I'm a little curious and not sure about posting some of my poetry on here I would like to share and prehapes get feedback on my work. However some of my work is the "emotional type" and maybe seem sad a bit but also uplifting in some of them at the end of the poem. I wasn't sure if that kind of stuff is allowed here and of coarse I would follow the rules of the forum as well.  If it's not then  I'll just keep my poetry off here. Thank you if anyone can help me out. 

Note: I can also give out samples to the mods or admins here in case it needs to be looked at to determine if it's accepted or not, if you like.

Edited by HanaApril
  • Like 1

8 answers to this question

As long as it abides by the forum guidelines, it shouldn't be a problem. If you look at it and think to yourself "this is probably not a family friendly writing" then it is likely something you should post in a private club (which you would need to create and recruit members for) and not on the main forums. That is the best "on the fly" test for questionable content. 

• Winner 1

On 2/21/2019 at 4:36 AM, HanaApril said:

I'm a little curious and not sure about posting some of my poetry on here I would like to share and prehapes get feedback on my work. However some of my work is the "emotional type" and maybe seem sad a bit but also uplifting in some of them at the end of the poem. I wasn't sure if that kind of stuff is allowed here and of coarse I would follow the rules of the forum as well.  If it's not then  I'll just keep my poetry off here. Thank you if anyone can help me out. 

Note: I can also give out samples to the mods or admins here in case it needs to be looked at to determine if it's accepted or not, if you like.

Presently we are working on a guidelines revision to accommodate this new section, and allow for some more mature works within reason of course. For the time being always best to refer to the guidelines that are available. Best of luck, and happy writing.

1 minute ago, HanaApril said:

@ArchieKun I see and that's good to know thank you for letting me know. Also I have just submitted the clean versions of my work, not saying any of my work is bad it's just a bit emotional I guess to put it into words. Thank you again.

Thank you for understanding on that matter. I do understand the jey to a good story isn't swearing, nor adult themes, but the lack of censorship as a rule. Thats what allows for creativity at its fullest. For now I'd say your going about it the best way. :)