Reccomendations for all!

Ishtar

Ah, the perfect person to make a first (but not lay I hope) post I guess.

Post novels that you reccomend and why!

I will either edit or do a new entry later when I get home with mine =)

From you community bookworm/library technician/bookseller/bibliophile!

Sorry it has taken so long.... A LOT happening at the moment!!!

Be warned guys that a lot of my books will be fantasy or have touches of in most cases (for instance the first two)

Please note!! I suck at reviews!

When God Was A Rabbit by Sarah Winman:

This book is a fascinating look at relationships. If you can not suspend disbelief then this is not the book for you.

Elly gets pet rabbit and calls it God. There is only one person in the class who thinks that is a fantastic idea which is the new transfer student Jenny Penny.

Fast becoming friends Elly & Jenny embark on a fanciful friendship. that stretches over the period of about 20 years in the book.

A rather serious novel that uses humor to alleviate some of the confronting issues.

All is not what you necessarily assume it to be.

Myself and 2 other staff love this book. 1 being a sci-fi reader, the other more general/literary tastes.

Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern:

My new favourite!

I guess to first put the disclaimer it is a book that drags, has more description than it appears most people like (if you pay head to reviews) and if you follow reviews, some people call the characters boring (more on that after).

Set in a Victorian London era, two magicians enter into a duel of sorts. Each is to pick a student/competitor to go into the duel. The location is to be a traveling circus.

Le Cirque des Rêves is only open after sun down, and the entire affair is to be strictly black, white and shades of grey. The shows? From the mundane (though magically enhanced) to the impossible.

Travel through the Night Circus and see the sights and sounds of this monochromatic world. See the circus unfold as mysteries slowly slide into place and what is obscured becomes visitable.

The plot is slow, detailed (almost painfully so) but essential to the story.

One thing I feel that is essential to and enjoying read is to make sure that you read it as a whole, do not try and separate things. It is in this case i find comments about The circus IS the main characters, while they seem flat, their personality is showed and enhanced by the circus itself).

If you are going to try only one, I personally think the Night Circus is the best choice because I am so utterly besotted with the idea. I would follow it around the world if I could <3