If Life Were an Anime, You'd be in a....

Beocat

So the title is almost self explanatory :) so if life were an anime, you'd want to be in what genre (and what subgenre or themes?)?

For me, I'd be tempted to live in an isekoi anime and would LOVE some romance or reverse harem themes going on, but I'd mostly want to live in a Space Opera. I considered mecha as well, but I have bad luck so I'm sure I'd either be stepped on by a Gundam or my home would be destroyed during an epic mecha battle lol....  Slice of Life...meh....living that already lol.

What about everyone else? Where would you rather be?

They don't really have a genre for me, at least not one that's currently en-vogue.  I know I'd personally rather be a couple hundred years in the future.. Fox Cluster or bust.  I like parts of some genres though..  Full-cyber.  Ubiquitous "built-in" wireless.  Functional telepathy and (machine mediated) telekinetics.  Personal nanite clouds.  Full-dive Aincrad for entertainment like we do WoW or Skyrim.  Routine space travel, including space colonies.  Nuke-powered everything.  No warp drive though, or even FTL communication.  Not a dystopia.  Not a total utopia either though.  Realistic.  Maybe one colony is totalitarian - sucks to be them - but another is pure democracy.. everything put to instantaneous vote via communal "telepathy", with machines doing all the menial work.  And the other few hundred colonies are everything in between.  Pick your poison. 

Definitely not "magic" either.  Physics rules, still and always, even if the "indistinguishable from" clause of Clarke's 3rd law might apply in certain instances.  Magic as a term is too hand-wavy anyway.  What does it mean, exactly?  Authors invoke magic when they're too lazy to do the job right.  First thing I'd do with magic would be to turn it into a proper scientific discipline.  :) 

I'd say GitS-style cyberpunk probably comes closest, but interdisciplinary in scope.  GitS is too focused on the cyber part and ignores a lot of other areas of human endeavor.  If we had full-cyber technology alone I guarantee you we'd also have space colonies very soon thereafter for instance, not to mention deep-sea cities.  Even that is just scratching the surface.

Which animes or genres are ultrahard-science futurism, without crossing the line into mysticism and magic?  GitS meets Planetes, then let their children off the leash for a hundred years or so.  That's my genre.

I would want to live in a super-hero type anime, where almost everybody had powers (OPM, Naruto, etc). 

However my life right now would just be considered a: Slice of life/comedy/drama with some mature themes. Probably rated T for teens, lol. 

• Like 1

Genre: Slice-of-Life, Subgenre: Iyashikei (healing)

Characteristics: low conflict/drama.  calm. overall sense of wellbeing

Examples: My Roommate is a Cat, Yuru Camp, Aria, Natsume’s Book of Friends, Flying Witch

While I certainly enjoy exciting anime series, IRL I prefer things to be calm. I’m not really an ambitious person, don’t crave fame or fortune. I have a hard time envisioning myself as a hero or villain. Same goes for a “romantic lead”, and even with harem series there’s usually only one (or 2 at the most) characters that have any sort of appeal for me. 

My Roommate is a Cat is probably the series I can best identify with at present. I see a lot of simillar traits with the MC and even in his living conditions, both my parents having passed recently and living alone except with a dog instead of a cat . The main differences in this anime world being that there’s the sense that everything will work out allright, which is something I struggle with IRL.

Edited by Ohiotaku

For me it would likely be slice of life with a bit on the darker side, and with si-fi elements here, and there. Its hard to really say though because I like pretty much all genres for something they provide even if I do prefer others odiously.

Depends I'd probably be in the genres of: Shoujo, Shounen, Mecha, Fantasy, and Adventure. Love all of those genres the most to be honest. 

I think when I was younger I always wanted to be in a school-club type anime. 

Something like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I've always imagine what it would be like to be a part of that club.

My life if it would be an anime would be slice-of-life. Like Bakuman. Coz I just like to spend my time creating things.

On 3/4/2019 at 10:56 PM, brycec said:

Probably something like Detective Conan for me.

Gonna be solving them case Dettective. :) Though Detective Conan would be a fun universe to be in provided I don't get killed for something crazy as is often the case in that series.

On 3/6/2019 at 12:55 PM, ArchieKun said:

Gonna be solving them case Dettective. :) Though Detective Conan would be a fun universe to be in provided I don't get killed for something crazy as is often the case in that series.

Or you become the dummy, because will believe the true brains behind the outfit. 🤣

• Winner 1

4 hours ago, brycec said:

Or you become the dummy, because will believe the true brains behind the outfit. 🤣

I don't know how I'd honestly fair, but I am quick thinker on my feet so I am fairly confident of living for a while despite the murder rate in that series. 

6 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

I don't know how I'd honestly fair, but I am quick thinker on my feet so I am fairly confident of living for a while despite the murder rate in that series. 

That’s true. Of course, you could be the first to act, and make sure people fear you. 🤣

4 hours ago, brycec said:

That’s true. Of course, you could be the first to act, and make sure people fear you. 🤣

I have to say I am surprised you never took up rp as a hobby with all the time, and ideas you have.

4 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

I have to say I am surprised you never took up rp as a hobby with all the time, and ideas you have.

Would help if I start writing stories again. People do not wonder why I can think up so many things.

As for RPing, it is more of a never tried, since I mainly play RPGs on my iPad, not on forums.

Oh my... Well, I have plenty of animes but I guess I would choose something like Tokyo Ghoul:re (manga).  It would be some mystery, detective, (dark) adventure. Not quite sure cause there's just too many that I would like to love in. 

13 hours ago, Dharc said:

This is easy. Two words my dude, Ecchi Harem. 😄

I thought of going with something like that myself.  :)  I still get things like holodecks and/or the Matrix in mine though.  I'm good.  👍

I'd love to be part of a questing anime world, like Fairy Tail, or One Piece, though I didn't finish either anime, I liked their worlds, despite disliking some of the plots in the series, if it was real life I could choose my own quests.

That, or just live in an anime where I was a normal human, but in Japan.. yes, life would be more full for me in Japan, drinking tea in a tea house and growing up with martial arts (preferably taught in the home) and at school.