what are some of the ongoing anime your watching?

noahjump

what ongoing anime have you been watching? for me it's radiant, fairy tail final series, sword art online alicization, a certain magical index season 3, endro, that time i got reincarnated as a slime. i plan to start watching promised neverland and love is war soon as well.

Edited by noahjump
  • Like 2

FAVORITES
My Roommate is a Cat
The Rising of the Shield Hero
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

GOOD
Kaguya-sama: Love is War

Space Battleship Yamato 2202
Mob Psycho 100 season 2
Gegege no Kitaro
Hinomaru
Sumo

OK
Endro
Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka
The Promised Neverland
Domestic Girlfriend

The Quintessential Qunituplets
Girly Airforce
Meiji Tokyo Renka

DISAPPOINTING
The Price of Smiles
The Magnificent Kotobuki
Mysteria Friends

DROPPED
Grimms Notes
Wataten (An Angel Flew Down to Me)
Pastel Memories
Rinshi!! Ekodachan
Rainy Cocoa Side G
How Clumsy You Are Miss Ueno

Planning to binge once season is over
Dororo
Boogiepop & Others
Kakegurui xx

I'd previously dropped Radiant and Sword Art Online: Alicization last season

• Like 1

I just finished Haikyuu! Only to learn there is a season 4 coming. And I'm planning to watch My Hero Academia season 3 next.

Is it better to watch multiple shows at once? Do you get more finished that way?

I tend to only watch 1 show at a time. 

But I guess it's because I don't have enough time.

3 hours ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

Is it better to watch multiple shows at once? Do you get more finished that way?

Well, it takes a certain amount of time to watch either way.  In that sense it is kind of the case of 6 of one vs a half dozen of the other.  If you have time, you have time.  If you don't then you don't.

What I've found though is that I often wind up effectively watch a lot of episodes twice, once when it comes out, then once again before next week's episode as a refresh.  So what I (usually) do instead is wait for the season to be over, then pick a good time to binge the whole thing at once.  I've got a Crunchy queue a mile long that I can always pick from if I have an afternoon/evening free.  That's more my style.  Arranging my viewing schedule around the episode release dates seems to just complicate my life.  Also, this way I don't have to deal with cliffhangers.  :D  There are dangers doing it this way too however.  When bingeing it is very easy to "just one more episode" until the sun comes up for instance.  (I have the same problem with books.)

There have been lapses of course.  I waited, but then "accidentally" watched all the episodes to date of TenSura, and I just could not resist watching every episode of The Magician's Bride as it came out.  But usually I find the most effective use of time is to wait at least until the season is over, then binge.

i watch one anime at a time other then very long anime like naruto shipuden and dragon ball franchise also i watch ongoing anime but i try to keep the ongoing anime i watch not to many to not be confusing.

11 hours ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

Is it better to watch multiple shows at once?

It really depends on the individual, but the type of show can have an impact as well. Slice of Life and comedies don't usually have much of an over reaching storyline and I personally find it more enjoyable to to have those little half-hour oasis a time or two a week then bingeing them.

If a series has a complex story or a lot of different characters' POV, it can be easier to follow if you watch it all in a short period of time. The only two series on my list that really seem to fall in that category for me are Boogiepop & Yamato 2202.

• Informative 1

5 hours ago, xWickedNekox said:

That time I got reincarnated as a slime

Dororo

Shield hero

One piece

Mob psycho

Fairy tale

Radiant

Kakegurui

Boruto

good choices

17 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Also, this way I don't have to deal with cliffhangers.  :D

I was definitely on edge waiting for episode 9 of Mob Psycho 100 season 2. Normally I watch Slime first on Mondays, but not this week :P

Edited by Ohiotaku

On 3/4/2019 at 1:43 PM, efaardvark said:

What I've found though is that I often wind up effectively watch a lot of episodes twice, once when it comes out, then once again before next week's episode as a refresh.  So what I (usually) do instead is wait for the season to be over, then pick a good time to binge the whole thing at once. 

Hmm, I've never thought of binge watching. Maybe that can work for me.

On 3/5/2019 at 2:30 AM, Ohiotaku said:

I was definitely on edge waiting for episode 9 of Mob Psycho 100 season 2. 

Oh that's airing now? Mob season 2? I rarely watch new anime but that's one show where I make an exception.

1 hour ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

Oh that's airing now? Mob season 2? I rarely watch new anime but that's one show where I make an exception

Currently on episode 9 of 13. New episodes on Mondays

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

hmm well I tend to power through anime fairly fast.

Though here is what I am currently watching at least that air currently airing. I prefer to watch entire seasons at once like 6 or more episodes per session so I usually wait till the seasons are finished.

Detective Conan

One Piece "not every single episode, but ya"

Rise of the Shield Hero

Dororo

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 1:45 PM, Ohiotaku said:

FAVORITES
My Roommate is a Cat
The Rising of the Shield Hero
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

GOOD
Kaguya-sama: Love is War

Space Battleship Yamato 2202
Mob Psycho 100 season 2
Gegege no Kitaro
Hinomaru
Sumo

OK
Endro
Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka
The Promised Neverland
Domestic Girlfriend

The Quintessential Qunituplets
Girly Airforce
Meiji Tokyo Renka

DISAPPOINTING
The Price of Smiles
The Magnificent Kotobuki
Mysteria Friends

DROPPED
Grimms Notes
Wataten (An Angel Flew Down to Me)
Pastel Memories
Rinshi!! Ekodachan
Rainy Cocoa Side G
How Clumsy You Are Miss Ueno

Planning to binge once season is over
Dororo
Boogiepop & Others
Kakegurui xx

I'd previously dropped Radiant and Sword Art Online: Alicization last season

animes you should be watching
Made in Abyss. There's almost no community newer than “Made in Abyss.” 
One Punch Man. ONE PUNCH!!! 
Haikyuu!! Volleyball, heck yeah! 
My Hero Academia. Another show your friends probably won't shut up about! 
Attack on Titan. Let's be honest. 
Sword Art Online. 
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.

I am watching:

• A Certain Magical Index 3 (was going to ignore this because of how bad the previous two adaptations were and the fact that the LN series really went down hill starting at volume 15, but currently watching it so that there are not any gaps when Railgun airs)
  • That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
  • Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka
  • The Quintessential Quintuplets
  • Endro
  • Detective Conan
  • Sword Art Online Alicization
  • The Promised Neverland
  • Kaguya: Love is War

Out of those Slime is probably one of the better ones, and Asuka has been unimpressive.

Index 3 is making me glad I dropped the Index light novels at this point.

Love is War is kind of okay. There is good humor in it, but the way it is presented is one in which I would much rather read the manga.

SAO has seemingly gone back to its wish fulfillment ways, but not quite as bad as Ordinal Scale was, so I can put up with it.

Promised Neverland has been feeling underwhelming.

Everything else, aside from Detective Conan, which varies depending on cases and their execution, is also only okay.

34 minutes ago, brycec said:

A Certain Magical Index 3

I've made a couple attempts to watch the series, but never made it past episode 6 of the first season, so finally gave up

36 minutes ago, brycec said:

Slime is probably one of the better ones

Agreed, though the ease with which the MC overcomes every obstacle is a detraction

37 minutes ago, brycec said:

Asuka has been unimpressive.

I'd initially written off the gratuitous violence for shock value, but for a while it seemed like they might actually do something meaningful with it. Unfortunately the past couple weeks have reinforced my original opinion.

42 minutes ago, brycec said:

Love is War is kind of okay

I'm enjoying this one, but largely on the strength of the supporting cast (Chika & Kaguya's maid)

43 minutes ago, brycec said:

SAO has seemingly gone back to its wish fulfillment ways, but not quite as bad as Ordinal Scale was, so I can put up with it.

I dropped Alicization around episode 5. In truth I was never really a big fan of the franchise and am surprised I made it through the earlier seasons.

46 minutes ago, brycec said:

Promised Neverland has been feeling underwhelming

The first episode got my attention, but afterwards I just didn't feel the suspense. It seemed to get better as they got closer to the actual escape & got a couple hints about the outside world. I'm hoping it will get more interesting once they escape. Unfortunately it looks like that will probably be where the season ends.

15 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

I've made a couple attempts to watch the series, but never made it past episode 6 of the first season, so finally gave up

Probably better off that you did. I can only think of two arcs that I really enjoyed in Index anyway, which are Tree Diagram Remnant arc and Academy City Invasion. Everything else was dull.

Things were a little better with the light novels, but it eventually felt just as boring as every, even though I had less than ten books left before the final book (I am not sure if Yen Press will get New Testament).

19 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Agreed, though the ease with which the MC overcomes every obstacle is a detraction

I know what you mean. The MC takes care of things way too easily.

22 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

The first episode got my attention, but afterwards I just didn't feel the suspense. It seemed to get better as they got closer to the actual escape & got a couple hints about the outside world. I'm hoping it will get more interesting once they escape. Unfortunately it looks like that will probably be where the season ends.

I more think that things will get worse (The manga only just barely got more interesting again). The highlight of the series was the escape portion, and while things were not truly boring, the excitement was not really there a lot of the time, so it is probably best they end when the escape is successful.

On 3/10/2019 at 4:18 PM, brycec said:

Out of those Slime is probably one of the better ones,

I have to say that I’m rather disappointed in the way they handled the arc with Shizue’s students and how they decided to end the main story. The final 2 episodes are scheduled to be side stories, one focusing on Veldora and the other on Shizue. While both characters could certainly use more exploration, I still can’t help but feel the time would be better spent filling out the main story better.

Edited by Ohiotaku

6 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

I have to say that I’m rather disappointed in the way they handled the arc with Shizue’s students and how they decided to end the main story. The final 2 episodes are scheduled to be side stories, one focusing on Veldora and the other on Shizue. While both characters could certainly use more exploration, I still can’t help but feel the time would be better spent filling out the main story better.

Would need to see things for myself to decide whether I agree with you or not, as I am watching it dubbed and the next episode of that is episode 21, but by the sounds of it, things are not looking good.

**One Piece (manga, but I still watch the anime b/c the voice actors are great)

*The Promised Neverland (watched the anime, then read the manga) - This is in my top favorites hands down. Really, I like psychological horror, and the animation is great imo.

Mob Psycho 100 s2 - I cannot stress this enough, but the art/animation is my favorite thing about this anime, lol. I tend to watch things with a great overarching plot with occasional mysteries, though this seems more slice of life to me (like, an anime between other anime)

*Dororo - Another one of my top favorites. Having taken Japanese courses in High School, I was always fond of the history and the folklore that resided during that time.

The Rising of the Shield Hero - Great concept, but it can be irritating at times if you know what I mean.

*That time I got Reincarnated as a Slime - I had a hard time with this one, mainly because.. slime?! However, it ironically ended up being one of my favorites. Though it is obviously rushed and things are going too smoothly that I'm on edge of what might happen (it's kinda like a more realistic jumpscare xD)

Boogiepop (I might drop it for now since I'm a binger)