I dont remember the title of this anime!

OliverAoi

*PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS SINCE 7TH GRADE AND IM A FRESHMAN NOW PLEASE HOLY FUUUUUCK*

Heyo I'm Oliver and I'm 15, my memory is already bad as is so the fact I watched this when I was basically a fetus is the worst in the world. I know very specific details about the plot and other random details. If you know of something that sounds similar but doesnt match perfectly, suggest it anyway PLEASE! I could be just mixing up my very few memories with other ones. No matter the Google searches, Ive never been successful in finding it. 

The story is basically based entirely on this semi parallel word thats digital and it's accessed by plugging it what looks like a USB drive to the back of your neck.

A virus broke out and killed a lot of people.

The main character (a guy with black/brown hair) somehow gets involved.

There are these weird level things. 

THE BIGGEST AND MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THIS WAS: The virus was the main characters sister, or what he called his sister. She manifested into it after being killed as a child, in what I remember to be a sleep pod looking thing. The sleep pod was in a place with lots of children, basically a lot of kids were in those weird sleep pod things. Anyway she was the only one not to survive (I'm pretty sure) and her soul basically went into the computer system and spread into this super deadly virus.

Since it happened when the main character was so young by the time he was an adult he forgot about her (or he was so tramatized he pushed the memories out). 

The big tear jerking scene was when he has to kill what looked like the young girl he knew in order to kill the virus. 

Other random facts: 

This show was on Netflix, the same time the anime Bravo was on it. Why I fucking remember the title of an echi anime like Bravo and not the title of this one is BEYOND me.

What I think was the other female leading role, got raped. At the time I didn't know it was rape but now I preeeeeeetty sure that's what it was. 

There was this weird part where he(the main character) goes into this weird dreamy thing in the parallel digital world, that's a grass field and its very pretty. He meets the younger sister there and they talk but he doesn't know who she is. 

****Please help 

**Thanks 

Oh and another thing I forgot to add! I'm pretty sure the main character was supposed to save her, and that him specifically not saving her was the thing that put it all in motion. 

Before all the children went into the sleep pods she said she was scared, but he promised everything would be ok. 

Parts of what you're describing sound like A.I.C.O. Incarnation, but not all of it

Only other thing I can think of is King of Thorn

Edited by Ohiotaku

Baldr Force EXE came out in 2006 - 2007. I just finished re-watching the closing moments and it does have a computer virus taking the form of a little girl who keeps calling the MC "big brother"

episode-image-320x180.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8lwi6M0f6UAfTU4db2xI

I also seem to remember the "rape" scene you were talking about, but it took place in cyberspace.

1a372f75d1.jpg

The series is  streaming on Funimation's site. Might be worth checking it out.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1