• Shoujo
    • Shounen
    • Sports
    • Vampire
    • Yuri
    • Yaoi
    • Reverse Harem
    • Space

There are so many anime genres, and sub genres, but I wanted to poll what our forum members watch mostly.

It will be interesting to see the fan base for certain genres here.

Edited by Seshi
Updating to be more inclusive
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beocat said:

Mine aren't even up there....  >_> Have I really become an anime fan with such obscure and rare preferences?  

I'm sorry to not be all inclusive. There were so many sub genres I only put the most common ones.

What were we missing that you love so much?

I wound up voting fantasy & shonen, though to be honest I don't feel it's really an accurate reflection of my tastes. Ever since I started streaming anime I've been more open to exploring different genres (all you have to do is look at the list I posted under "What ongoing series are you watching?"  or my MAL and how I ranked them to see that. Plus, it's not always easy to define where a series falls (Is Ancient Magus Bride fantasy or supernatural? Is A Place Further than the Universe slice-of-life or adventure? etc,) Bottom line is it's hard for me to define what I like, but I recognize it when I see it :P

Edited by Ohiotaku

13 hours ago, Seshi said:

I'm sorry to not be all inclusive. There were so many sub genres I only put the most common ones.

What were we missing that you love so much?

I love watching Space Operas and Reverse Harems and they comprise large portions of my owned collection as well. I store my collection by main genre (makes finding something to watch when I only have a vague idea of what I want to watch easier) but I would imagine Supernatural would be my third largest, and it is up there (and it would be a subgenre of others). Just not my main goto genres =(  no worries. I'm used to it...though I will say that I have found a surprising number of reverse harem fans here on this forum. :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beocat said:

I love watching Space Operas and Reverse Harems and they comprise large portions of my owned collection as well. I store my collection by main genre (makes finding something to watch when I only have a vague idea of what I want to watch easier) but I would imagine Supernatural would be my third largest, and it is up there (and it would be a subgenre of others). Just not my main goto genres =(  no worries. I'm used to it...though I will say that I have found a surprising number of reverse harem fans here on this forum. :)

Thanks for sharing Beocat, Ive updated the poll to reflect your interests as well.

4 minutes ago, kurohime said:

I mostly watch psychology and mystery animes . They have many mind grasping aspects to them which makes you stay curious to the end.

I really like that about mysteries too, like Monster 😮 So cool, never got to finish it. #wrecked

10 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

I wound up voting fantasy & shonen, though to be honest I don't feel it's really an accurate reflection of my tastes. Ever since I started streaming anime I've been more open to exploring different genres 

I also find it hard to choose, as my interests vary greatly especially for a main Genre, however, I have found that as a whole over the years, my main favorites tend to stay the same. It's always a Shounen that's for certain, but the main Genre.... that tends to Be harder to choose. I could almost leave that out intirely to be honest.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Seshi said:

There are so many anime genres, and sub genres, but I wanted to poll what our forum members watch mostly.

It will be interesting to see the fan base for certain genres here.

my most..eyeballed anime genre ?!

just kidding, maybe

most likely ecchi/comedy, i love the comedy genre, couse it always makes me "kek" so hard >.>

and ecchi, is for, well, yknow...^__^

though, i also kind of like school-based stories, atleast, i enjoy them in anime, 

• Funny 1

17 minutes ago, XII360 said:

my most..eyeballed anime genre ?!

🤣🤣 Just tryin ta keep things hip for the youngsters 😜

Thanks for your input so far everyone! 

Edited by Seshi
  • Silly 1

11 hours ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

Is it possible to select more than 1 main and sub genre?

I think it's rare for a person to have just 1 favorite genre. Usually you have favorite genres.

But if its not possible that's okay. I will still vote.

Yes, but in order to gauge the true accuracy of our communities interests, it has to be evenly voted upon by each individual.. the only way to do that is to request that everyone only selects the same number in each category. I'm afraid that wouldn't be the case if I opened it up to multiple choice, so setting it at 1 per individual is the most realistic for this purpose.

Alright I am going to be completely honest I can not truly say I have a all time favorite genre as I just love so much anime. Though if I must mention a couple, or at least what I am into most of the time that would be Slice of Life with the sub genre being echi.

Though I also love si-fi anime as well as fantasy anime as well. I noticed Isekai is notably absent from this list. That genre is something I am quickly getting into more, and more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In watching animes, I actually base what I'm going to watch base on the plot of the anime (especially ones that really piques my interest and something unusual for ONCE in a while) and there are some animes that I've just discovered through some friends' recommendations. I did come to realize that I am particularly drawn to slice of life animes maybe because I am curious with Japanese culture and such and I think it's a subarashii way to learn new things. *eats pudding* Well, TMI moment here. uwu

• Friendly 1