What did you do to uplift yourself or someone else today?

Seshi

Do you decide to consciously be an uplifting person to others? It's something I come by naturally for others, but find that I don't take the same care for myself without much needed reminding.

With that in view, what kinds of things do you normally do to take care of yourself, or uplift yourself everyday? Or today, if you've done so, good for you 😊

4 hours ago, Seshi said:

Do you decide to consciously be an uplifting person to others? It's something I come by naturally for others, but find that I don't take the same care for myself without much needed reminding.

With that in view, what kinds of things do you normally do to take care of yourself, or uplift yourself everyday? Or today, if you've done so, good for you 😊

aha~ that's so me everyday~

atleast, i tend to think of others well being, before mines, (i.e, not buying myself food, but wouldn't think twice to buy someone food)

that is, ofcourse, if i knew the person well enough

the only uplifting stuff i do to myself is, listen to songs, and play games/draw

though i have not played games in a while, due to my current project and exams coming up

but i have been listening to music, while i do my project ^_^, and on occasion, while studying ^__^

• Like 1

I tend to help people out best I can whenever I can. I was brought up to be very respectful, kind and caring to others. However to certain points.. I try to make peoples days if I'm out and about by holding a door for someone which I still do no matter what if someone's coming behind me. Then give people complements if I like something they wear, how there hair is or jewelry they have on. Lastly I help others trying to make them laugh and smile and try to make there day if they seem down. I am really shy and have social anixeity so it's hard for me to do that to random strangers however.. sometimes if I get the courage I do try and help others like that. I also do that for my family and my dear friend as well.

As for uplifting someone I made my dear friends day by always talking to them when I can and making them laugh and smile.

For myself I take extremely better care of myself more and have a lot of respect and love for myself as well. I uplift myself by doing my hobbies I love , talking and hanging out with my family and animals, then spending time with my dear friend. ❤️~

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

Yesterday I helped someone while spending time with them making them happy, laugh and smile. It was a really good feeling I could help them.

Today I feel very positive, upbeat, and optimistic and my plans are I'm going to do a few hobbies and also pamper myself because why not? :blush:

• Friendly 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I guess I am generally an upbeat kind of person. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but because of my positive attitude - lots of people want to be around me. This can be a good thing, but also a bad thing because I end up disappointing the ones I can't see. But recently, I haven't let anybody down. I try not to be negative, and am always trying to find the light in things.

The things I do to make myself happy is drawing in my sketchbook at Star Bucks. Or if I can't go to StarBucks, then I make myself a coffee. 

• Like 1

In my small little friends group I am often seen as the advice giver, or one to go to for a uplifting per say. I in no way tried for this it happen it just sort of did. I am being completely honest.

As for exactly what I did today regarding this I encouraged my fiance to do her best at work toddy. I know its not much, but it is something, and those sorts of things are just good to hear from time to time.

• Like 1

Today to uplift myself I decided to start watching a new anime series. Rising of the Shield Hero. I am loving it so far. After that decided to watch someone play through Sonic Adventure 2 Dark Story. I am enjoying that as well. Boy did I love them older Sonic stories. 

• Like 1

My wifu, and I had a good long cuddle session early this morning. We just talked about all the progress we have made with our goals. It was very nice. So we certainly uplifted each other.

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

7 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

@ArchieKun Truly cherish those moments man.

I certainly do each and every day.

Today I decided to jam to some jpop today. I always feel good when I listen to jpop/rock.

• Like 1

Not much I guess. I'm generally a pretty negative person, but I tell good jokes. I'm always making fun of people I  like. I can't help it. It's part of my personality. I really can't help it. XD

I really made my dear friends day yesterday as well they made mine~ ❤️

Today I'm going to like I have been saying pampering myself since I'm much more confident and feel pretty again in my life.  :blush: Also more housework again, taking a nice walk in the nice sunny warm weather, lastly just admiring mother nature and looking at everything blooming and growing as well hearing the lovely birds sing as well~

Today is going be a wonderful day~ 🌼☀️🌿🐦

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Today it’s been freezing, I thought spring was here, but NC got jokes. Oh well, I’m staying inside trying to get the house ready for my brother & fiancé to come down for a visit before their wedding day. Lots of work to be done... makes me feel like doing nothing.. darn I procrastinate too much.

Yesterday I made my mothers day by having a heart to heart chat with her showing her I've come a very long way and some other things which I like to remain private. Thinking it would turn out differently I was so.. surprised on how well it went and the love and support I got from my mother afterword. So me and my mother our bond is even stronger now. She's my rock and guardian angel and I'm so proud as well glad she's my mother.  ❤️

Aslo yesterday I was SUPER productive and motivated so I got A LOT done I held off for so long. I'm tremendously proud of myself. :hot:

----------

Today plans are to pamper myself since I rarely do that for myself and to take it easy and chill for the day since all my housework is done for the week~ 

On 3/19/2019 at 11:00 AM, Seshi said:

Today it’s been freezing, I thought spring was here, but NC got jokes. Oh well, I’m staying inside trying to get the house ready for my brother & fiancé to come down for a visit before their wedding day. Lots of work to be done... makes me feel like doing nothing.. darn I procrastinate too much.

Yeah....NC weather makes no sense...  see this funny informational video for a clearer explanation on weather in the South...  

Weather in the South

• Funny 1

Yesterday I took a morning walk even if it was going rain since some storms were in my area where I reside. I did it for my mother since I didn't do it the day before on a very nice day so I felt bad and wanted to make her day by doing it early and then surprising her. I did really make her happy since I've been currently walking more each day even if it's around my apartment complex. I do have a walk routine I did two years ago which I really do need to get back into but due to my anxiety and weather I never done it in some time. More nicer weather is currently happening in my area so will try to do my best to go do my walk routine once more. It's about a mile walk through some really nice areas of tree's and fields, so it's very pretty too look at. So quiet, peaceful and surrounded by nature~ 🌿🌼❤️

Also yesterday I spent time with someone very dear to my heart and made there day ~ ❤️:blush:

Lastly I talked to my sister and had very nice conversations with her making her laugh and smile~ Plus hugged her a lot too~

-------------------------------

Today I am going to pamper myself again doing my best to relax from not sleeping so well today~ Also color in my adult coloring book  that I finally started and find it really relaxing and fun.  ( If that makes me weird then so well I like what I like ) then talking to someone dear to my heart and reading my book as well~ <3❤️

• Friendly 1

What I normally do for others is chat with them; I try to help depressed people over the internet, mostly in YouTube comments under sad videos and such and I have indeed helped many people. I write poems and post them to uplift people as well, as I cannot stand to see depression running rampant as it is. Irl I find it harder to speak so kindly as I do online. I feel I am more myself online when it comes to such things as irl I find it harder to get all sappy, idk why; something I need to work on. :/ 

For myself I listen to music (relaxing piano/flute/zither music, Chakra healing/meditation, Binaural beats, Lofi etc.) and today I listened to a Lofi hip-hop mix and am now listening to "Don't wake me just yet | Emotional music album" and "Binaural beat sleep meditation: heart chakra ANAHATA cleansing, positive energy boost" on a lower volume and separate tab. These kinds of music really keep me in a good mood as their good vibes subliminally slip into my mind and being as I listen. :D 

Also, Nyanners is one of my favourite channels on YouTube and I listen to her all the time; I cannot help but smile and feel joyous when listening to her, she's just great. ~♥ 

Aside from music and all that, I love just looking outside and experiencing nature. I like taking walks and just gazing at her beauty, just looking at nature really boosts my mood, I can almost always find joy in her beauty; nature really puts me in a meditative mood as I just appreciate it so much for all it does to keep us humans healthy despite our un-caring attitude towards it as a race; also I can see God through it, everything he has created and it is good. :3 

This is why I like to say, "Realize you are having a beautiful day", because no matter what, even if you feel like you're having a bad day, you are not. There is beauty literally everywhere around you and in near everything, God's love surrounds us all everyday; I just wish everyone would realize that and come to him, as it is because they don't that there is so much sadness in the world. 

On 3/17/2019 at 5:09 AM, HanaApril said:

I pampered myself yesterday by treating myself to things and really had a wonderful day~

Today I'm going to keep doing the same thing since I have more confidence and I actually feel beautiful as well~ :blush:

That is because you are beautiful, I hope you continue to gain confidence as well and always remember how important you are. :D 

Edited by SAO LILDOOP

@SanguineTear That's so kind and thoughtful of you to do that, <3 I bet she is really happy with your gift and grateful~ ❤️ 

--------------------

I got my hair cut yesterday evening and some other girly things done. I felt super confident and happy after it was done. I love my hairdresser she is so cool and down to earth not like anyone I ever had and she was so kind and walked me to my sister car making sure I got there safely and she did not have to do that. Always after I see her for an appointment she makes me feel really good about myself and I love her for that. ❤️

Today I'm going dress up nicely since I feel still  very confident even beautiful and  I'm going enjoy walking today hopefully not get rained on too. :?

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1