LimboBilbo

**Possible Spoilers** Shinigami theory (Death Note)

Ok, so this is probably going to sound like me rambling. But what if Shinigami are formed when a person dies from suffering, after causing people to suffer? This would most likely explain why the shinigami look humanoid and (cannonically) have rotten insides. If this is true then the leader of the shingamis (the ‘old man’ as ryuk calls him) is likely the only true god. This would also fit in with the thoery that Light becomes a shinigami after dieing, as he bled out on a staircase, and was you know, Kira. If you agree or have any ideas to add I would like to hear. Thanks

-Limbo Bilbo

• Informative 1

Ryuk did say that people like Kira who used the Death Note don't go to hell or heaven after they die. But I'm not sure if that means that he will become a shinigami. Might be, and there might be hidden clues within the manga/anime which people never paid attention to.

What I don't understand is how you come to the conclusion that the leader of the shinigami is "the only true god"? If shinigami were only created by people with a Death Note who cause others to suffer, then the leader of them, who I assume is a shinigami?, would have to have been a person who made others suffer. But how did this person get a Death Note in the first place. I don't think there is enough to argue for the idea that the leader of them is a kind of god (outside of shinigami being considered gods in Shinto in general).

Maybe someone with some background in Shinto and Japanese literature has more insight to this though.

Light becoming a shinigami after dying would be hella awesome, but I agree that it is at best unlikely considering how evidenced a person he turned out to be. He started out with the best of intentions as most do, but then fell to corruption and therefore lost sight of well everything except his self imposed goals. In other words just going on this, and my knowledge of the series, and Japanese mythology thats what I can assume at this point. I will certainly be doing more research on this though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By thehafsus55
      so hi everybody i am new to this site, and to this club, and i hope we all have a good time talking about animes and stuff
      so had this question for a while, since im a big, and i mean HUGE hyouka fan ;
      will it get a sequel ? like a second season, a movie, or even OVAs or specials ?
      cause lots of other fans said "yes why not" as well as those who said " no that'd be boring"
      what do you guys think about it ? it really deserves a sequel even though the end was an end to the whole story as far as we all think
    • By GeorgeAnime
      The Kissanime are most loved movies that numerous people watch. There are specific websites where Kissanime is streamed. The Kissanime site is one such well-known site. You could watch the total scenes on the Kissanime. The Eromanga sensei Kissanime is one such extraordinary series. It is a Japanese light novel drama series that has been composed by Tsukasa Fushimi. It has an entire set of seasons that you could watch with your eyes stuck on the screen.
      The story here rotates around the secondary school pupil Masamune Izumi. This specific child adores composing light novel books. Be that as it may, he doesn't have imaginative expertise, yet there is one individual who encourages him to compose his books. It is his mysterious accomplice under the pen name "Sensei," He has an energy for composing stories, and he likes to get assistance from his obscure accomplice. Later on in the last piece of the series, he becomes more acquainted with that his sister has the entire lifetime helped him with composing his books thus he is extremely thankful to his family. In any case, Sagiriis disconnected naturally; she isn't excessively mingled.
      You could watch the Eromanga sensei Kissanime on the Kissanime site. The site demonstrates every one of its recordings in the top notch quality. The quality of the recordings is from 360P to 720P. You could likewise observe every one of the scenes of the Eromanga Sensei seasons. The scenes are additionally subbed in English so you won't run over a dialect barrier. Viewing the anime seasons on Kissanime is fantastic.
    • By EnviousEnvy
      Just started the Netflix series, Castlevania and I have to say I'm pretty hooked. I'm really picky when it comes to American anime and most I don't care for because they are down right boring as heck. I finally reached season two, episode 5 last night. The only real issue for me on the series is the fact that the seasons are so dang short. Season one literally only has 4 episodes, ugh.
      So does anyone else watch the series? What do you think of it?
    • By awesomedude20
      Second season of Hiiro no Kakera.
    • By awesomedude20
      Gods and ghosts only exist in fairy tales, right? That's the impression that high school girl Tamki Kasuga has before she goes to live with her grandmother in the remote village of Kifumura. After being attacked by strange creatures upon her arrival, she is soon informed that females in her family contain the blood of the Tamayori Princess, who has the responsibility and power of keeping gods and ghosts sealed away so that they can't harm the general public. At first Tamaki has trouble believing this, but having five beautiful young men following her everywhere she goes acting as her guardians goes a long way towards convincing her.

There's more to this job than Tamaki first realizes, however, and the path that lies ahead of her is fraught with peril and danger. Will she be able to successfully take on the heavy role that has been put on her shoulders?
Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!