Ayo.

leyley

Ayo, 

Nice to meet you! My name is Lila. 

I haven't been on an anime forum for a while, nor have I been up to date with anime/manga since I fell off till about last year. So, please recommend some things as I'm trying to catch up >:o

I tend to enjoy shounen manga/anime, but I definitely enjoy some light-hearted comedies and slice of life occasionally, ex: Saiki and Umaru. My all-time favorite is definitely One Piece. 

I got into anime when I was like 5. I was mainly influenced by studio ghibli movies like Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and Kiki's delivery service, and of course, Dragon Ball, Yu-Gi-Oh etc (if you know, you know). But, then I got into One Piece when it started to air on tv until it disappeared after doing a lot of disservice to it, honestly lol. I curiously began to search for it when I was about 10 when I stumbled upon Fairy Tail on an anime website, then I just couldn't stop. That pretty much sums it up. 😂

What's your name? Favorite anime or manga? What made you get into anime?

I hope we can get to know each other! (:

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Welcome. Hope you enjoy your time with this community, I know I do.

I first got into anime when I was in gradeschool back in the the late 70's or early 80's with Star Blazers (the Americanized edit of Space Battleship Yamato) and also the Galaxy Express 999 movie. Both just stood out from the usual "cartoons" that were on tv at the time, both visually and in the topics they addressed. I didn't really get into non-edited anime until the 90's with series like Ranma 1/2, Tenchi  Muyo, Irresponsible Captain Tylor & Slayers.

My overall favorite anime would be Cowboy Bebop which really seems to be unique to me even after all these years. Some other "classics" for me include: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Azumanga Daioh, Magic Knight Rayearth, & Cardcaptor Sakura. More recent favorites include My Hero Academia, Ushio & Tora, A Place Further than the Universe, Yuru Camp, My Roommate is a Cat and Rising of the Shield Hero.

My manga exposure is much more limited, favorites being: Battle Angel Alita, Oh My Goddess &  Yotsuba. I would like to recommend the Alita manga to everyone, even if you weren't impress by the recent live action movie.

While I can make general recommendations for series, I prefer to have an idea of the sorts of anime a person enjoys/is looking for.

Again, welcome.

• Like 1

Hello there, and welcome to AF. Hope you have a wonderful time here with us. If you want to chat, or have questions I am always here. :) 

As far as anime recommendations there is so many out there.

I always suggest the basics like DBZ, or anything from the DB universe honestly.

Some others would be Yu Yu Hakusho, Blue Gender, Blue Seed, HSOD, High School DxD, Rising of the Shield Hero, Nana, Orphan, No Game No Life, Madoka Magica just to name a few.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:35 AM, leyley said:

What's your name? Favorite anime or manga? What made you get into anime?

Hello! Nice to meet you @leyley 

I'm Ryan. Welcome to the forums. Hope you have a good time here and make many friends.

I don't have a favorite anime or manga because I don't stop watching. And so a favorite anime will usually get replaced by a new one.

From the top of my head though maybe Violet Evergarden. That can work as a recommendation too. As it's a 2018 anime I think. You may not like it though as it's not shounen and the setting is not modern society. But it's a well done show. Great animation and great message overall.

I got into anime because the local TV channels here started airing them when I was 13 years old. An age where your mind is very impressionable. From there on out I started seeking more Anime and the rest is history.

I'm not much into manga as it's harder to acquire. Which is a shame though as I feel there are a lot of great manga stories that I'm missing out on.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to AF! Love you’re taste in anime! 

Have you gotten the chance to watch Rising of the Shield hero yet this season? It’s really good! My taste is similar to yours so let me just tell you my favorite anime:

Trigun, Samurai X (movies), Accel world, Haikyu!, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Hajime no ippo, Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Claymore (fabulous manga), My Hero Academia, and Blue Exorcist.

Welcome to the forums, relax and stay a while.

Hey I'm Jayben, it's hard to pick my favorite anime but right now it's Ninja Turtles (just kidding it's clannad), I got into anime cause I saw some at school. Hope you have fun on this site. Maybe we can be friends? Here's a picture of a frog I dissected. 

2014-05-08 11.23.23.jpg