What anime should have gotten another season?

Illusion of Terra

The title pretty much says it. Is there an anime which you think should have gotten another season?
I'm not talking about ongoing anime (like My Hero Academia) but those that officially have not been continued.

I would have liked to see another season for School Rumble and Silver Spoon. School Rumble was simply fun to watch and I would have liked to see more of it. Silver Spoon just ended after Season 2 somehow, with many chapters of the manga left. Ultimately, I think it would have been great if they had continued it for at least one more season or two.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Beautiful Bones definitely needed a continuation since it was revealed there was a “mastermind” behind several of the cases just before it ended. 

I would also like to see Princess Resurrection & Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero be continued. 

Finally, I’ve mentioned this before, but Battle Angel Alita definitely deserved more than the 2 episode OVA it got.

• Like 2

The more I have learned about anime the more I realize why studios are making shorter series, or single season series. A lot of it seems to be budget, or popularity since in Japan shows get renewed more based on popularity in general rather than ratings straight up like in the west.

Though that dose not mean I don't wish to see some awesome series get renewed.

For me a few examples would be.

HSOD

Assassination Classroom

No Game No Life " Never gonna happen" 😞

The promised Neverland. I know it new, but I am already hooked.

Rising of the Shield Hero.

Bokou no Hero Academia.

5 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

The more I have learned about anime the more I realize why studios are making shorter series, or single season series. A lot of it seems to be budget, or popularity since in Japan shows get renewed more based on popularity in general rather than ratings straight up like in the west.

Though that dose not mean I don't wish to see some awesome series get renewed.

For me a few examples would be.

HSOD

Assassination Classroom

No Game No Life " Never gonna happen" 😞

The promised Neverland. I know it new, but I am already hooked.

Rising of the Shield Hero.

Bokou no Hero Academia.

Woah woah woah, arent shield hero and My hero academia getting further seasons!!!??? 

MHA is confirmed for season 4 in October. 

Shield Hero season 1 is listed for 25 episodes so it will continue until the end of June.  Who knows how far along in the story it will be by then.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

2 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Shield Hero season 1 is listed for 25 episodes so it will continue until the end of June.  Who knows how far along in the story it will be by then.

Thats a very good point. Its still something I just don't want to end at least not with just one season. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

HSOD

Assassination Classroom

Hate to say it, but these two will never happen.

The creator of HSOD is dead, and Assaination classroom already covered all of the source material.

As for my take on the topic, the only one I would want, which is The Legend of the Legendary Heroes. Series was good, but the ending promised more and the light novels will never be released here.

1 minute ago, brycec said:

The creator of HSOD is dead, and Assaination classroom already covered all of the source material.

I am aware though that dose mean they can't make more in the case of Assassination Classroom, and in the case of HSOD someone could pick it up, or a different studio could do it. Though yah I know the series won't ever see further production, but that dose not stop me from dreaming.

2 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

I am aware though that dose mean they can't make more in the case of Assassination Classroom

They could, but then things could end up like American entertainment, or if you want Japanese examples, Detective Conan.

Plus, it would just end up being an endless repeat of all the events leading up to Kore sensei’s death.

5 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

in the case of HSOD someone could pick it up, or a different studio could do it. Though yah I know the series won't ever see further production, but that dose not stop me from dreaming.

They could do that. I think it happened with Guin Saga and Familiar of Zero, but you also have Kaze no Stigma. You can definitely dream though.

5 minutes ago, brycec said:

They could, but then things could end up like American entertainment, or if you want Japanese examples, Detective Conan.

Plus, it would just end up being an endless repeat of all the events leading up to Kore sensei’s death.

Can't argue with that at all. Its a very good point my friend. DC is so beating the dead horse, or at least slowly starving the horse at this point.

• Funny 1

12 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Can't argue with that at all. Its a very good point my friend. DC is so beating the dead horse, or at least slowly starving the horse at this point.

It certainly is, though the anime is more obvious of that. It is not as noticeable in the manga, but it does give off that hint.

42 minutes ago, brycec said:

It certainly is, though the anime is more obvious of that. It is not as noticeable in the manga, but it does give off that hint.

That is one thing that dose bug me a lot with certain anime, or quite a few anime to be honest. It always tries to preserve itself at the end which on one hand is great for fan fiction, but on the other is fairly annoying.