Favorite board game

Seshi

On 4/1/2023 at 12:45 PM, Clayton said:

I actually figured out how to use the kings to fight. Since a king can't move onto a square where they would be in check, then the other king can if say a bishop or other piece is lined up with that square, even if it's right next to the opponent's king. Though if they block the line the other king may escape. 

That's pretty cool. I wish I could test it out on someone, but we lost some pieces to our really cool glass chess set. So, I can't play against anyone. lol

Use pieces of paper. The board is all that matters. 

On 4/3/2023 at 4:01 AM, Android Rebel said:

That's pretty cool. I wish I could test it out on someone, but we lost some pieces to our really cool glass chess set. So, I can't play against anyone. lol

Use pieces of paper with the piece's name on it. The board is all that matters. 

19 minutes ago, Clayton said:

Use pieces of paper. The board is all that matters. 

Use pieces of paper with the piece's name on it. The board is all that matters. 

I don't know how many squares or what kind of grid to use though. >< Though I could probably google.

18 hours ago, Clayton said:

8X8 The same as a checkers board. You can literally buy a chess set at the dollar store. 

There are no stores in our tiny town. We'd have to look for a dollar store in the next town over if we were going to look for one. lol We very much live in the boondocks.

5 hours ago, Android Rebel said:

There are no stores in our tiny town. We'd have to look for a dollar store in the next town over if we were going to look for one. lol We very much live in the boondocks.

I know a few towns like that. My cousin used to own and run his town's only shop.

17 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

I know a few towns like that. My cousin used to own and run his town's only shop.

That'd be a pretty sweet way to make money, but it's far beyond my means to do. Wish I could though.

9 hours ago, Android Rebel said:

That'd be a pretty sweet way to make money, but it's far beyond my means to do. Wish I could though.

It was a lot of work and long hours and I don't think he made much money doing it which is why he gave up and sold the business.

On 4/10/2023 at 4:31 PM, Clayton said:

You can print this

81urcsigNxL._AC_SX679_.jpg

I'm actually not allowed to print colored pictures. Besides that, I don't even know how to connect my Chromebook to the printer. lol I still appreciate the help though. Thanks for trying to help me out. ^^

1 hour ago, Rebel Emotion said:

I don't even know how to connect my Chromebook to the printer

Quite a few of my friends don't know how to connect their computers to their printers, in fact a lot of them don't even own a printer! 😱

One of my friends regularly asks me to print stuff for them, fortunately my mono laser is very cheap to run. 🙂

1 hour ago, Animedragon said:

Quite a few of my friends don't know how to connect their computers to their printers, in fact a lot of them don't even own a printer! 😱

One of my friends regularly asks me to print stuff for them, fortunately my mono laser is very cheap to run. 🙂

What's a mono laser?

2 hours ago, Animedragon said:

It's a laser printer that only prints in monochrome, otherwise called black & white, rather than full colour.

Ohh, ok. Makes sense. I used to print really colored pictures with the printer when I was younger. lol They didn't like when I did that. Seemed like a good idea at the time though.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rebel Emotion said:

Ohh, ok. Makes sense. I used to print really colored pictures with the printer when I was younger. lol They didn't like when I did that. Seemed like a good idea at the time though.

I can sort of understand that. Most home use colour printers are ink jets, and full colour pictures use a lot of ink, and the ink can be quite expensive! 😱

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I can sort of understand that. Most home use colour printers are ink jets, and full colour pictures use a lot of ink, and the ink can be quite expensive! 😱

Yeah, makes more sense why they made such a big deal over it. Even these days, we can scarcely afford to be using funds on anything expensive.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rebel Emotion said:

Yeah, makes more sense why they made such a big deal over it. Even these days, we can scarcely afford to be using funds on anything expensive.

That's why I bought the laser, it was an expensive purchase at the time, but it's saved me a fortune in buying ink as the toner cartridges last me between 18 months to 2 years.  I do have a colour ink jet, but it's rarely used as I don't need to print much in colour.

13 hours ago, Animedragon said:

That's why I bought the laser, it was an expensive purchase at the time, but it's saved me a fortune in buying ink as the toner cartridges last me between 18 months to 2 years.  I do have a colour ink jet, but it's rarely used as I don't need to print much in colour.

Mom and dad still have to print in color though, too, so I don't think it'd be a viable option for us.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2023 at 7:20 AM, Wild Emotion said:

I'm actually not allowed to print colored pictures. Besides that, I don't even know how to connect my Chromebook to the printer. lol I still appreciate the help though. Thanks for trying to help me out. ^^

It doesn't have to be in color.