Favorite board game

Seshi

What are some of the best board games you've played, miss playing or play all the time?

For a while I'd play Settlers of Catan every night. Been hard to play lately with my toddler around! But we still play occasionally.

As far as group game nights go, I've found Codenames to be extremely funny.

Some of your faves?

• Awesome (Sugoi) 2

Board games? More like "bored" games.

Jk lol!

I haven't played one in forever, but some of my favorites were Monopoly(of course), Clue, Guess Who?, and Trouble. 🎵It's fun getting into trouble🎵 😄

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

39 minutes ago, Nono said:

Board games? More like "bored" games.

Jk lol!

I haven't played one in forever, but some of my favorites were Monopoly(of course), Clue, Guess Who?, and Trouble. 🎵It's fun getting into trouble🎵 😄

I never played Guess Who, but Monopoly, Clue, and Trouble were what much of my childhood was spent on~

Oh, Battleship and Yahtzee get honorable mentions~

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SanguineTear said:

Monopoly

That game is childhood for me. I played it so fricken much with my family, and friends growing up. I had thee Mario, and Pokemon versions back when it was just the first gen Pokemon. I even used the old painted Pokemon figures as player pieces.

• Like 3

I have played a few growing up a few favorites of mine would be..

Hasbro: Hi Ho Cherry-O ( my sister and I were SUPER competitive... )

Hasbro: Guess Who? ( also another game where my sister an I were SUPER competitive...)

Hasbro: Hungry Hungry Hippos

Mattel: UNO ( Played with my family a lot )

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seshi said:

You guys need to jump into the adult games and get on Catan - love you tho.. you stuck in the past still with board games 🤣

To be honest board games are a side hobby for me. I prefer RP like play by post games, or D&D if I being completely honest.

I would say Vast, and its expansions are certainly not for a younger audience. It is a fairly complicated game.

Also I will never grow up when it comes to my gaming/ retro cartoons, or even certain anime, No reason board games should be any different. :P 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I still love those retro games, just wanted to give my silly suggestion to you all

Fair enough :) I have never played Catan though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanaApril said:

I have played a few growing up a few favorites of mine would be..

Hasbro: Hi Ho Cherry-O ( my sister and I were SUPER competitive... )

Hasbro: Guess Who? ( also another game where my sister an I were SUPER competitive...)

Hasbro: Hungry Hungry Hippos

Mattel: UNO ( Played with my family a lot )

Oh I forgot about UNO, that one too! Played mainly with my family I think.

• Like 1

My personal favourite game is Magic the Gathering; however that is a card game. When I am playing with more people, Monopoly is my fave party game; it takes forever but its really fun (My dad always wins though, lol). 

Edited by SAO LILDOOP
  • Like 1

Domino was a game my family and I enjoyed a lot as well~

Also my step father was playing chess with me when I was younger, however I want to get back into it and like for him to teach more more about it.  I really thought it was fun. :nerd:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, HanaApril said:

Domino was a game my family and I enjoyed a lot as well~

Also my step father was playing chess with me when I was younger, however I want to get back into it and like for him to teach more more about it.  I really thought it was fun. :nerd:

I am a bargainer at chess I do not claim in the slightest to be that good, but I have played online with plenty of people.Chess is a fun one for sure.

I used to love playing chess when I was younger, playing in school tournaments and things, never won any mainly because the final round was always a speed round 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’m such a slow mover.

love dominoes! Haven’t played in a few years though because I’m too cheap to buy a set. 😬

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Seshi said:

I used to love playing chess when I was younger, playing in school tournaments and things, never won any mainly because the final round was always a speed round 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’m such a slow mover.

love dominoes! Haven’t played in a few years though because I’m too cheap to buy a set. 😬

One game that I am way to cheap to get into is War Hammer iit dose, and has looked appealing to me. Though it is very expensive. 

• Like 1

How is Sorry not here? Gah.

But yeah. Monopoly,Sorry, Uno, Trouble, ah don't forget Life the board game. That's the first time I can say I had kids at the age of 11.

And yeah rping was really fun. I had a friend and we used to rp like crazy. I'm crazy good at being a gamemaster. I'd add a variety of elements to our rp too. Like music during a boss fight. Never played d&d. Though from what I know of it its just rp with a board game. My former friend tried to get me into it. Just couldn't get into it.