Linkin Park - Living Things

NightDancer

16ldvyh.jpg.2c77901a298493dfc07080b7aab6ee67.jpg

"Living Things", Linkin Park's fifth studio album, is a step back to the original Linkin Park genre. As their first single "Burn It Down" says; they're building it all to break it back down. Linkin park has taken some of those broken pieces from the past and repositioned them with a modern sound. Fans from the old era of Linkin Park seem to enjoy this album just as much as their album named "Minutes To Midnight". It contains more anger as their earliest studio album "Hybrid Theory" to make a little come-back for their older fans, which means Mike Shinoda is the hard hitting rhymes rapper again and Chester Bennington is screaming along with the lyrics that remains in his heart.

The album contains twelve new songs and gives the amount of 36 minutes to enjoy as what we are used to of Linkin Park. Even though four of the twelve tracks are clocked less than three minutes, it is without a doubt the best album they have released since 2003 with "Meteora" still taking the lead. Linkin Park is still playing with themes such as power, deceit, greed and developed societies, although it is nowhere as pompous as it was on "A Thousand Sounds:. Yet various ideas tribes from the sessions of moderate predecessor, without considering "Living Things" as a continuation.

(I will edit the track describing later on!)

1. Lost In The Echo

2. In My Remains

3. Burn It Down

4. Lies Greed Misery

5. I'll Be Gone

6. Castle Of Glass

7. Victimized

8. Road Untraveled

9. Skin To Bone

10. Until It Breaks.

11. Tinfoil

12. Powerless

• Like 1

I really was beginning to wonder when Chester would return to the screaming lyrics from the early days. :D

Enjoyed listening to Lost in the Echo and Burn it Down from their YouTube channel. Will buy the album when I'm next in the shops. :cool:

Yeah Burn it Down is a really good song, I am glad they picked that one out as their first single for this album because it really made me giving their new album a chance to listen to! I bought the single last May and even got it signed by all the Linkin Park members! ^^ Felt like my life being a fan of Linkin Park is completed or something haha.

• 2 weeks later...

What rating, Lindsay would you give this album out of 10? I am very glad to see that Linkin Park are singing (or screaming :P) like they used to be since I prefer that than the newer stuff they had released previously. Also Linds, Linkin Park will be touring Australia again in the beginning of 2013. Will you be going to their concert if there is one coming up soon in the Netherlands?

What rating, Lindsay would you give this album out of 10? I am very glad to see that Linkin Park are singing (or screaming :P) like they used to be since I prefer that than the newer stuff they had released previously. Also Linds, Linkin Park will be touring Australia again in the beginning of 2013. Will you be going to their concert if there is one coming up soon in the Netherlands?

Rating: 7/10

Mainly because it's slightly going back to the old Linkin Park but it will never be as good as Meteora or Hybrid Theory. Gosh I miss them like that.

I've seen them live last May with their new album. Thank goodness they only played two songs of the album "Thousand Suns" because I only liked those two songs on that album! But they were great live! Chester is using his screaming voice less probably because of his age. I miss interaction during their shows, they just play their songs and leave. =( So that is not really worth it sadly. I mean Taylor, 30 Seconds to Mars, 3 Doors Down and a lot more bands talk to their fans! They tell stories and make you clap your hands etc, that's what makes a concert so amazing! It's like they are in a rush or something. The concert was also quite short, sadly they have changed...

So, they do not interact with their fans anymore? Do you know why? Maybe their hearts aren't in it anymore.

I really have no idea =( But I am happy I got a plectrum/guitar pick and a signed single. Things I missed in my collection. I find it too bad that they have changed so much. Gosh I had a teen-crush on Chester in the One Step Closer video haha.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...