Your childhood.

Crevanille

Time flies by too fast. Remember the days of youth? Your first video game? First song? Maybe you remember the first toy you received from mom or dad? First crush? First ever drawing? Your first memory as a kid? The days one of your parents or maybe your sibling woke you up for school? Nah. Maybe you woke up on your own to the sound of a radio playing straight up nostalgic music from your early days. That time you checked out your first book from the school library?

Share your childhood. 

I don't mean to start this thread off in a sad way, but my childhood was a little rough. I was born with a crooked spine, so I had to wear leg braces. The other kids would always make fun of me. One time I was hanging out with my friend Jenny and some of those kids started heading towards us. I know they were going to mess with me, so I just took off as best as I could and somehow, as I was trying to run, the leg braces started to break/fall off. That was one of the best memories I have, because not only could I finally run, I could run pretty freakin fast. It was an amazing feeling. 

• Like 3

That's not sad. It just means you're a survivor. Everyone has bullies. It's way too common as a kid.

I don't believe anyone has a 100% great childhood. Even as a kid I had hella problems. But when I look back on mine I think I could've had it worse. I grew up in poverty. But poverty wasn't the defining feature of my childhood. I remember my really good moments. Or at least try too.

• Agree 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I remember 2 things from when I was younger than 6 years old.

1. I sat on a fire ant mound once. There was pain. There was LOTS of pain. I learned the hard way why they are called fire ants.

2. My biological father liked to beat me. On the bad days he used a 2x4. As soon as she could my mom left him and we never looked back.

The good news is I made peace with them eventually and learned to accept them. The ants I mean, not my father. No that went out the window when he contacted me once I hit 18,  begging me for money and trying to convince me my mom brainwashed me. I have thought about sending him a thank you card though. If he wasn't a scumbag I might never have met my stepdad, who has been my biggest role model and the best dad I could ever ask for. He supported me, loved me, and treated me like his own flesh and blood son and made the rest of my life wonderful, and still does.

Edited by SanguineTear

I was a really weird kid. I basically lived in a fantasy world cut off from everyone else. My dad left and my mom worked all the time so I spent the time alone. I pretended I was all kinds of things and read fantasy books. In school I thought the other kids were mean, so I just read my fantasy books instead of talking to people. No crushes or anything; although I did hear about a guy having a crush on me once but I had never talked to him. Pretty boring lol.

Childhood for me was alright I think for the most part having good times and memories then not so good. My personal life is private and I don't share with others unless I wan't too, so details about my childhood will be brief.  One thing I will share is I was a really imaginative young girl ( I still are ) and loved to play outdoors a lot. I loved to use my imagination while playing with friends however I didn't really have any good friends so.. I used to play by myself a lot.  I make up my own world in my head and pretend I was a warrior or a princess in a enchanted realm fighting bad guys or just chilling and hanging with the creatures or people I made up. My imagination helped me a lot growing up since I've been through a lot of hardships most of my life. I am proud to say I overcame them and doing fantastic now and really loving my life and happy on how it turned out and who I became. 

There's some rough stuff here! Children don't deserve such a hard time.

I myself was born into war, but luckily I don't remember too much of it, so it's not that tragic. Other than that whole thing and trying to escape etc., for me when I was a child was pretty good. For my parents it wasn't of course, but I didn't really realize that as a child so it didn't faze me then.

I miss childhood. It was so much easier to make friends back then.. just walk next door & ask if anyone could come out and play. We had good times & bad times, but even through the bad times my spirit was never crushed. I guess my mom did a pretty good job raising me to be confident and independent 

• Like 1

My childhood, and tweens were interesting to say the least. I had a good group of friends which helped. Though some came, and went. I never really like school not that I didn't get good grades I did, but just did not like it growing up. I was one of those internet junkie teens as well who spent way to much time on message boards. That is still true honestly to this day, but I do try to step away from the comp when I can. Always been one who likes figuring out how things work. Built my first group up computer at around age 14, and wrote my first app around 15. I always loved writing, and drawing so comics, and off course anime have been huge part of my life since very early childhood.

Of course there is a lot more, but thats what I'll say for now.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

@ArchieKun I really didn’t like school, it was boring - as a result I didn’t pay half as much attention in class as I should have, unless it was a truly interesting topic, like Psychology.

Also I don’t think I was challenged enough in school, wish I didn’t go to public school. Even though I took advanced classes, the only interesting ones were the college courses. The others I didn’t even study for.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Seshi said:

@ArchieKun I really didn’t like school, it was boring - as a result I didn’t pay half as much attention in class as I should have, unless it was a truly interesting topic, like Psychology.

Also I don’t think I was challenged enough in school, wish I didn’t go to public school. Even though I took advanced classes, the only interesting ones were the college courses. The others I didn’t even study for.

For me it was a bit of both not being challenged enough, and a bit of some other stuff more on the getting along with teachers sort of thing. 

• Like 1

@Seshi I had that problem too. I learned the materials far faster than the rest of the class for the most part. I loved and still love learning, so my brain sponges up knowledge like mad. Which is great at first until nothing challenges you and you sit there thinking "Yeah this is easy and I know it already, can we move on to something new and interesting?"

• Agree 1