Anime Chit Chat

Seshi

3 hours ago, Rainbow Gear said:

Ahh Higurashi is amazing! The type of show I re-watch in its entirety periodically. 

Assuming you haven't seen kai? 

(side note: I can't find kai anywhere online anymore, someone please help me?)

HiDive has the original series, Kai & Rei. I’m currently subscribed to VRV which combines Crunchyroll & HiDives libraries (also some other animation & nerd channels). Not sure if that’s an option outside the US or not. Been meaning to watch the whole thing around Halloween time for years, but always got sidetracked. But I’ll at least finish it this year. Just finished episode 15 of the original series.

1 hour ago, Ohiotaku said:

HiDive has the original series, Kai & Rei. I’m currently subscribed to VRV which combines Crunchyroll & HiDives libraries (also some other animation & nerd channels). Not sure if that’s an option outside the US or not. Been meaning to watch the whole thing around Halloween time for years, but always got sidetracked. But I’ll at least finish it this year. Just finished episode 15 of the original series.

Ohh I'm jealous this looks awesome! Maybe something I'll give myself when I'm not hoarding my money for an anime convention...

Glad you're enjoying the series :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A couple US streaming updates:

The 2nd Reincarnated as a Slime OVA will be available on Crunchyroll & Funimation on 12/4. The promotional image & that it’s supposed to be a sumo tournament suggests it will be light on story and focus on fanservice & comedy

spacer.png

Also, the 2nd season of Takagi-san will be available on Netflix beginning 12/6.

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mr Intellect said:

So basically it's going to be shit.. 

I’ll reserve judgement till I’ve seen it, as the last OVA was essentially a beach episode and I found it enjoyable enough.  But if you hate filler or are offended by fanservice, you probably won’t miss anything by skipping it.

Not sure if any other members are watching it, but the first season of Ascendence of a Bookworm will have a 2 part finale on Christmas Day. And a second season is apparently planned for the Spring 2020 season https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-12-05/ascendance-of-a-bookworm-anime-2nd-part-premieres-next-spring/.154041

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Not sure if any other members are watching it, but the first season of Ascendence of a Bookworm will have a 2 part finale on Christmas Day. And a second season is apparently planned for the Spring 2020 season https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-12-05/ascendance-of-a-bookworm-anime-2nd-part-premieres-next-spring/.154041

It is on my list, but it is on hold until the season ends & I can binge the whole thing.  I've only watched about 3 episodes.. just enough to put it on my list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some anime of the decade results per polls/viewership data from Funimation & CR.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-12-31/funimation-reveals-results-of-decade-of-anime-fan-polls/.154809

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-12-31/crunchyroll-reveals-most-watched-anime-of-the-decade-by-region/.154915

Funi’s results are much more in tune with my personal tastes.

Edited by Ohiotaku

1 hour ago, The History Kid said:

I have just learned that Right Stuff Anime is HQ'd in Iowa.  I do not know what to do with this information other than really itching to buy stuff now - mainly because they'll beat amazon shipping at that range.  They're about 2 hours away.  Small world - literally.  Anyone have experience with them?

I order from them 3 or 4 times a year & have never had any complaints.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

I agree more with crunchyroll 😂 Although it's kinda difficult to compare them since one is just overall and the other is more according to genre. Naturally I wouldn't say that Naruto or Black Clover is a better sci-fi anime than Stein's Gate 😂 

• 1 month later...

Funimation is adding a number of “classic” series to it’s site. 
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-02-17/funimation-adds-astro-boy-kimba-princess-knight-revolutionary-girl-utena-nadesico-anime-to-catalog/.156543

On a side note, they added Paranoia Agent about a week ago for anyone who’s a fan of Satoshi Kon and/or psychological anime.

I usually don't like rewatching anime because , after you watch it once , you've already know what's going to happen , so it's not that exciting , but i do rewatch shows when i introduce anime shows to friends and they want me to watch along with them , but mostly , i don't like rewatching shows , and plus , i have a lot of other shows to watch after i finish the one i'm watching.

But i really enjoy anime , so i dont really mind rewatching :P :) 

Edited by Anime loveer

2 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Funimation is adding a number of “classic” series to it’s site. 
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-02-17/funimation-adds-astro-boy-kimba-princess-knight-revolutionary-girl-utena-nadesico-anime-to-catalog/.156543

On a side note, they added Paranoia Agent about a week ago for anyone who’s a fan of Satoshi Kon and/or psychological anime.

I noticed that Crunchy has done the same.  I saw the Little Prince, the Wizard of Oz, and Swan Lake - among others - come up as "new" a while back.

1 hour ago, Anime loveer said:

I usually don't like rewatching anime because , after you watch it once , you've already know what's going to happen , so it's not that exciting , but i do rewatch shows when i introduce anime shows to friends and they want me to watch along with them ...

I'm pretty much the same, though I pay special attention to the science fiction ones (at least the ones that are good) because it is usually a lot easier to refer people to an anime than to explain in detail the science & engineering behind it.  If I just start to lecture on one of "my" topics people tend to turn off. :D  OTOH, if I can get them to watch the show then it makes it easier to engage in a discussion on the science and tech behind it.  It has to be real science fiction for that kind of thing to work though.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AnimeKittenBuns said:

I don't think anime dubs are that bad. Yeah, some of them are horrible (Lucky Star dub) but there are some dubs that are very hilarious. Persona 4 The Animation and Ghost Stories dub are hilarious. 

While my preference is for subtitles, there are cases where I actually prefer the dub. Steel Angel Kurumi & The Ones Within are examples where I felt they made the series funnier or gave the characters more  personality. Cowboy Bebop, Starblazers 2199/2202 & Azur Lane are cases where I just felt they do a quality job.

Edited by Ohiotaku

Whether I watch a show dubbed or subbed is on a case-by-case basis. For example, I will always watch Hellsing Ultimate dubbed while I will only watch Madoka Magica subbed. A lot of my favorite series I can watch either way though, such as Monster Musume, My Hero Academia, K-On! and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure to name a few. 

Some goods news for fans of Konosuba. The movie is coming to CR & we’re getting a Bluray of season 1 plus the first OVA.  
image.gif.c857089034e8a8062ee16c04298e51c4.gif
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/03/10/konosuba-legend-of-crimson-anime-film-is-coming-to-crunchyroll

Now if they can just get to work on a season 3 <fingers crossed>

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1