Anime Chit Chat

Seshi

On 3/30/2020 at 3:03 PM, BlackTooth said:

SAO, My Hero Academia, Assasination Classroom, Date A Live, Charlotte, Your lie in April, The Piano Forest or something Like this..(on netflix),          One Punch man.

I Like Romantic, Fantasy, and Superpower Anime.

SAO try Log Horizon

Assassination Classroom try The Ones Within

One Punch Man try Mob Psycho 100 and Tiger & Bunny

• 3 weeks later...

An article summarizing all the Covid 19 delays to date (clicking on an entry will take you to a more detailed article)

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/04/20-1/heres-a-list-of-all-the-anime-impacted-by-covid-19

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 3 weeks later...

Gleipnir really upped the ecchi factor with this past weekend’s episode but I’m still enjoying it. The new girl is sweet & may seem more compatible with Shuichi, but I still think him & Clair are the better pairing and complete each other.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

• 2 months later...

For anyone who uses Crunchyroll, they’re losing a bunch of Sentai’s titles (though I believe they will still be available on HiDive & VRV)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-07-31/crunchyroll-removes-77-sentai-filmworks-titles/.162420

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 10:24 AM, Ohiotaku said:

For anyone who uses Crunchyroll, they’re losing a bunch of Sentai’s titles (though I believe they will still be available on HiDive & VRV)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-07-31/crunchyroll-removes-77-sentai-filmworks-titles/.162420

bummer was bound to happen. Honestly expected it sooner. good to know

• 9 months later...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-05-19/crunchyroll-sentai-filmworks-announce-new-home-video-releases/.172957

Glad to see Iruma & Science Fell in Love getting physical releases, but still waiting on Laidback (Yuru) Camp & A Place Further  Than the Universe

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-05-20/sentai-filmworks-licenses-vinland-saga-anime-for-home-video-this-summer/.173034

I kind of have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I feel like it could generate more interest (and income) for the series & anything that makes a season 2 more likely is welcome. But I’m not sure why a new translation is necessary. Granted I’m not familiar with the manga or speak Japanese so there could be valid reasons. But I’d still like an explanation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Cool!

I still think someone should run with my idea of doing The Silmarillion as an anime series too though.  :)

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Lots of anime coming to Netflix over tge next couple months:

Godzilla: Singular Point - 6/24

7 Deadly Sins season 5(?) - 6/28

Beastars season 2 - 7/15

Shaman King (remake) - 8/9

Eden Zero - 8/26

Plus I still need to finish Great Pretender & Castlevania. And will probably give Trese a try.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

So I was at work today and some project documents on the setup for a new mission named SunRISE that we're soon going start testing for came across my desk.  (Actually through my email of course but I'm an old fart who still remembers desks and paper and old idioms die hard. 👴)   Anyway, these docs are typically quite dry, being composed mostly of tables, settings, configuration notes, system requirements, etc.  It was early in the workday so the coffee hadn't fully kicked in and at work I use a different brain that's not optimized for anime as well so I got about three quarters of the way through Table 9-1 below before I was like, “Wait.. what??”  Thought some of you here might get a kick out of the reference too...

image.png.a15a40376ce0141508d7ec20b53567a4.png

See also: NASA References Cowboy Bebop On Latest Space Mission

• Cool (Kakkoii) 2

Okay, so I didn't expect to be this addicted to Slam Dunk but as it turns out, I am! I have no idea how Toei Animation managed to make it serious, funny, witty, cute and inspirational. It's a whole package and I love it. Incredibly wholesome in dealing with poverty and gang culture and striving to want better in life. The romance is so cute and equally wholesome! The anime itself gives me nostalgia of waking up early in the morning, eating breakfast and squeezing a show or two in before going to school. I'm so glad that I picked the show up!

• Aww 1

19 hours ago, peachtea said:

Okay, so I didn't expect to be this addicted to Slam Dunk but as it turns out, I am! I have no idea how Toei Animation managed to make it serious, funny, witty, cute and inspirational. It's a whole package and I love it. Incredibly wholesome in dealing with poverty and gang culture and striving to want better in life. The romance is so cute and equally wholesome! The anime itself gives me nostalgia of waking up early in the morning, eating breakfast and squeezing a show or two in before going to school. I'm so glad that I picked the show up!

Hey, Peachtea! I don't know how but can you help me? I'm trying to comment back on your page but i don't know how. :( But also is really nice to meet you ^^

• Friendly 1

On 3/22/2022 at 7:04 PM, Sonic said:

Hey, Peachtea! I don't know how but can you help me? I'm trying to comment back on your page but i don't know how. :( But also is really nice to meet you ^^

I'm glad you were able to get it sorted out, happy to meet you too! ✌️😊