Anime Chit Chat

Seshi

Ahh..never thought this thread existed. 
Anyhoo, let me talk about One Piece for a second. 

Considering how it's in the top 3 of the longest running anime, I find it to be one of my most brutal binging series I have done. 
With over 937 episodes, funny enough this anime series KILLED ME! (Not really in a bad way though)...perhaps it's because I enjoyed this anime. 

I haven't been able to finish all of it, stopping around episode 366, I gave up. I enjoyed the anime, but as I found other anime to be interested in, I grew out of One Piece. Honestly, I am hoping that one day I am able to finish up on the entire anime, my friends always tease me on how i'm so far behind.

>Watched One Piece
>Suffered
>Got Waifu

Waifu
R.thumb.jpg.42466a9d732393205703c3687eb4153f.jpg

2 hours ago, deaaath said:

I haven't been able to finish all of it, stopping around episode 366, I gave up. I enjoyed the anime, but as I found other anime to be interested in, I grew out of One Piece. Honestly, I am hoping that one day I am able to finish up on the entire anime, my friends always tease me on how i'm so far behind.

Well I've not even started episode 1 yet... so if I were to try and watch One Piece I'd be way behind. I mean Hunter X Hunter to me seems a herculean effort - I've broken it down into its distinct arcs to give breathing room and allow me to watch other shows. But I just don't know if I'll ever have the patience to sit through 1000 episodes. 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 6:49 PM, deaaath said:

Ahh..never thought this thread existed. 
Anyhoo, let me talk about One Piece for a second. 

Considering how it's in the top 3 of the longest running anime, I find it to be one of my most brutal binging series I have done. 
With over 937 episodes, funny enough this anime series KILLED ME! (Not really in a bad way though)...perhaps it's because I enjoyed this anime. 

>Watched One Piece
>Suffered
>Got Waifu

Waifu

937 episodes!!!

Erk! I wouldn't even start watching a series with that many.

• Agree 1

On 3/28/2022 at 1:49 PM, deaaath said:

>Watched One Piece
>Suffered
>Got Waifu

Waifu

I think Alvida has had some work done 😳

Here’s what she looked like back in season 1

spacer.png

Devil Fruit. It does a body good

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 6:20 PM, Ohayotaku said:

I think Alvida has had some work done 😳

Here’s what she looked like back in season 1

Hide contents

spacer.png

Devil Fruit. It does a body good

*sobs* why senpai, why do me like this

On 4/8/2022 at 4:47 PM, Animedragon said:

937 episodes!!!

Erk! I wouldn't even start watching a series with that many.

it's a killer....really.

On 3/25/2019 at 1:31 PM, Humbby said:

I Never rewatched any anime but If I would, I would rewatch Death Note. It's my favorite series and nothing has even came close to taking that #1 spot Imo.

Just finished Death Note tonight a friend was showing me it, and honestly I get that. That show was 100% hype to the extreme and the ending was amazing.

See the source image

That said another one that I'd re-watch instantly would be Gurren Lagann, that was also extreme to the extreme.

On 3/22/2019 at 2:59 AM, Seshi said:

I love introducing friends irl to my fav anime. It’s probably the best incentive for owning the DVDs.

The reason I never finished monster is because I somehow lost the 3rd disk...

I agree with this, it is very enjoyable to gather the boyz around and share an anime, mind you it can be hard watching long running series so tend to focus on anime movies and ova's personally.

Also as a separate topic.  I find it really hard to find fellow Mecha Fans (I know where a dying bread) but when was the last time anyone really talked about mecha shows?

See the source image

Is it the industry or just that the golden years of Mecha is long since past with only a few films and series coming close to capturing the magic of the older series like Mobile Suit Gundam, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Code Geass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarathonGuy1337 said:

Is it the industry or just that the golden years of Mecha is long since past with only a few films and series coming close to capturing the magic of the older series like Mobile Suit Gundam, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Code Geass.

I love all 3 of those, and I also include The Guyver in that batch. However, I will continue to sing the praises of a certain mecha anime series. Rahxephon! Give it a watch! It's everything Eva tried to be and more...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

I love all 3 of those, and I also include The Guyver in that batch. However, I will continue to sing the praises of a certain mecha anime series. Rahxephon! Give it a watch! It's everything Eva tried to be and more...

Okay that looks pretty boss

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MarathonGuy1337 said:

See the source image

Another good series would be Blue Gender, that another Mecha show but has a more Star Ship Trooper vibe compared to Mobile Suit or Code Geass. Beyond that there is Studio Triggers 'Darling in the Franxx', I know you like Gurren Lagann so that might be worth a watch.

9 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

I will continue to sing the praises of a certain mecha anime series. Rahxephon! 

Also just saw the Trailer for Rahxephon, that's now on my list because it did remind me of Eva a-lot and looked real good plus Studio Bones so what could go wrong - I mean Wolfs Rain and Fullmetal Alchemist were great so I can't see this being bad. 

• Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 2

• 4 weeks later...

Saori Hayami (Yor Forger, Shinobu Kocho, Ameri Azazel, Yumeko Jabami) was already one of my favorite voice actors. This rant of Chizuru’s just reaffirmed it 😍

• 2 months later...

Crap.. not a fan of Sony.  At all.  Any company that would install rootkit software on their customers systems in the name of copy restrictions is definitely not one to be trusted.  Their hardware lock-in attempts with ATRAC on music players, memory sticks instead of industry-standard flash formats like SD cards, etc., etc. I also classify as anti-social behavior.

Kind of ironic for the company that invented the original Walkman brand to have become such a barrier to innovation.  I was a fan of the company back when the engineers were in control of it.  The modern Sony.. not so much.

Edited by efaardvark
  • Agree 1

Crunchy Roll will be adding a mix of older & newer anime movies to it’s site in the coming months

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/08/06-1/jujutsu-kaisen-0-your-name-and-more-anime-movies-coming-to-crunchyroll

Fruits Basket: Prelude is one I’m anticipating, but won’t be surprised if it’s not added til next year.

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 3 weeks later...

More movies coming to Crunchyroll

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/08/30/watch-jujutsu-kaisen-0-oddtaxi-in-the-woods-and-more-movies-on-crunchyroll-this-september

@MediaConsumesMe I seem to recall you asking about the Psychopass: Sinners of the System movies in a post. Looks like they’ll be on CR 09/08 (not sure if there will be a dub)

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, this could be interesting for fans of retro anime (thinking about checking it out myself)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-09-19/tubi-tv-streams-bt-x-anime-bt-x-neo-ova/.189895

btw, Tubi-tv is a free (ad supported) legal streaming site/app., though the resolution quality is pretty weak.

Edited by Ohayotaku

3 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Hmm, this could be interesting for fans of retro anime (thinking about checking it out myself)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-09-19/tubi-tv-streams-bt-x-anime-bt-x-neo-ova/.189895

btw, Tubi-tv is a free (ad supported) legal streaming site/app., though the resolution quality is pretty weak.

i had forgotten i had a tubi account 😅