Your Chinese Zodiac- Year of the?

Seshi

Do you know what your Chinese zodiac is? I loved the storytelling from Fruits Basket that describes the banquet legend of the order of the animals arriving to the party.

I’m the year of the Horse. There’s all kinds of compatabilities related to Chinese Zodiacs. I like to see what year my friends are. So far it’s been true to the myth.

Mind sharing yours? And what traits you share with your animal?

Mine:

These Horses are kind and positive. They are too straightforward and blunt at times, hurting others without realizing. They place great value on love and need a partner that can tolerate their faults.

Compatible with Goat, Tiger & Dog

• Like 1

I'm Rooster apparently (had to look it up). Unfortunatley(?) the personality description sounds pretty much like my polar opposite :lol:

• Funny 1

I had to look up mine as well and it came as Rabbit.

Not sure how accurate it is, but this is the description I got.

Rabbits tend to be gentle, quiet, elegant, and alert as well as quick, skillful, kind, patient, and very responsible. However, they might be superficial, stubborn, melancholy, and overly-discreet.

As for compatibility listings, which I do not care too much about, this is what I got.

Best with: Rat, Goat, Monkey, Dog, and Pig

Worst with: Rooster and Snake

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Winner 1

Lore:

This is the most widespread legend about Chinese zodiac. The Jade Emperor (The Emperor in Heaven in Chinese folklore) ordered that animals would be designated as calendar signs and the twelve that arrived first would be selected. At that time, the cat and the rat were good friends and neighbors. When they heard of this news, the cat said to the rat: 'We should arrive early to sign up, but I usually get up late.' The rat then promised to awaken his friend and go together. However, on the morning when he got up, he was too excited to recall his promise, and went directly to the gathering place. On the way, he encountered the tiger, ox, horse, and other animals that ran much faster.

In order not to fall behind them, he thought up a good idea. He made the straightforward ox carry him on condition that he sang for the ox. At last, the ox and him arrived first. The ox was happy thinking that he would be the first sign of the years, but the rat had already slid in front, and became the first lucky animal of the Chinese zodiac. Meanwhile his neighbor the cat was too late so when it finally arrived, the selection was over. That's why other animals appear behind the little rat and why the cat hates the rat so much that every time they meet, the cat will chase and kill it.

Of course each animal has its own special story of how it arrived to the banquet. Look them up individually for even more fascinating details.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Seshi said:

Do you know what your Chinese zodiac is? I loved the storytelling from Fruits Basket that describes the banquet legend of the order of the animals arriving to the party.

I’m the year of the Horse. There’s all kinds of compatabilities related to Chinese Zodiacs. I like to see what year my friends are. So far it’s been true to the myth.

Mind sharing yours? And what traits you share with your animal?

Mine:

These Horses are kind and positive. They are too straightforward and blunt at times, hurting others without realizing. They place great value on love and need a partner that can tolerate their faults.

Compatible with Goat, Tiger & Dog

im year of the Ox, i seem to be compatible with snakes, roosters, and rats

Men born in the Ox year are reliable and trustworthy. They put their entire heart into everything they do. They feel great responsibility towards their family as well. However, due to their confidence (almost arrogance), they don’t allow anyone to go against their rules. They hold your children to high expectations, even though it might be unrealistic.

Fire 1937, 1997, These Oxen are friendly and social. There are no financial worries their entire life.

idk about arrogance part, but trustworthy part is pretty right

im also not sure about whole "fire" part, im aquarius, but a fire-ox

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ?!?@?!?

2 hours ago, Seshi said:

Lore:

This is the most widespread legend about Chinese zodiac. The Jade Emperor (The Emperor in Heaven in Chinese folklore) ordered that animals would be designated as calendar signs and the twelve that arrived first would be selected. At that time, the cat and the rat were good friends and neighbors. When they heard of this news, the cat said to the rat: 'We should arrive early to sign up, but I usually get up late.' The rat then promised to awaken his friend and go together. However, on the morning when he got up, he was too excited to recall his promise, and went directly to the gathering place. On the way, he encountered the tiger, ox, horse, and other animals that ran much faster.

In order not to fall behind them, he thought up a good idea. He made the straightforward ox carry him on condition that he sang for the ox. At last, the ox and him arrived first. The ox was happy thinking that he would be the first sign of the years, but the rat had already slid in front, and became the first lucky animal of the Chinese zodiac. Meanwhile his neighbor the cat was too late so when it finally arrived, the selection was over. That's why other animals appear behind the little rat and why the cat hates the rat so much that every time they meet, the cat will chase and kill it.

Of course each animal has its own special story of how it arrived to the banquet. Look them up individually for even more fascinating details.

Yet the first thing to come to my mind is the Jackie Chan Adventures cartoon series 🤣

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

To be honest I am not really into astrology of any form, but the zodiac dose hold for me some interest. Funny thing is how it tries to predict people's compatible personalities isn't exactly wrong.. This I cannot deny as I have expressed it first hand on several occasions myself.

As for my specific sign I am the year of the Snake. Rather fitting considering how cunning I can be. :) 

• Like 1

Snake? Snaaaaaaake!?

I don't buy into these things normally but admittedly the description for snake does fit me surprisingly well.

Usually, people regard Snake as a cunning and sly animal, which likes hanging out in darkness. In fact, this animal is also a symbol of wisdom and wit. Therefore, people with Chinese zodiac sign 'Snake', sensitive and humorous, and most of them are gifted in literature and art, such as Goethe and Picasso. Suspicion is their weakness, which makes them hesitant and a bit paranoid.

• Strengths
    Soft-spoken, humorous, sympathetic, determined, passionate, smart
  • Weaknesses
    Jealous, suspicious, sly, fickle, nonchalant

Yeah is me in a nutshell almost.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

So, apparently I'm a Earth Tiger Tiger in general are: Brave, Confident, Competitive, Impulsive and rarely feel tired... I wouldn't attribute a single one of these to me.  Although I do feel some connection to the earth tiger, who is "more grounded in reality and evaluates situations from all angles".

Can't say I'm a big fan of things like these, though...

Edited by leinwandname

• 2 months later...
On 3/22/2019 at 12:55 PM, brycec said:

I had to look up mine as well and it came as Rabbit.

Not sure how accurate it is, but this is the description I got.

Rabbits tend to be gentle, quiet, elegant, and alert as well as quick, skillful, kind, patient, and very responsible. However, they might be superficial, stubborn, melancholy, and overly-discreet.

As for compatibility listings, which I do not care too much about, this is what I got.

Best with: Rat, Goat, Monkey, Dog, and Pig

Worst with: Rooster and Snake

@brycec I'm in the year of the rabbit as well! Yayyyy! Usagi-chan! <3