What do you collect?

Humbby

So... What do you collect?

I am curious because some people have strange but awesome collection :P If you have show them off :P

I Collect both Manga and Gemstones

Here are some of them (Again not the best photos)

20180928_150428.thumb.jpg.853e5b76f8ce7bc045b5157ea4390464.jpgIMG-20180609-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.d6cc86a7b91c72aaffcbe520c70335b6.jpeg

• Like 1

I collect Video Games (and memorabilia), anime, and starting a collection of grey hairs. I'm up to 5% of my hair being grey now according to my stylist. My job is waaay to stressful. I'm not even close to 40 yet! I can't afford to collect much anything else. Video games and anime are expensive hobbies.

• Funny 2

Things I love to collect are:

🌟 ( 1. ) Asain related ( mostly Japanese ) items like figurines and stuff in that nature a lot. ( I also have 4 practice swords but only one out in display at this time and one fancy asian looking knife as well )

🌟( 2. ) Wolves and werewolf related items.

🌟( 3. ) Movies and my DVD case collection of them that holds them. 

🌟( 4. ) Journals, pens anything stationary really since I love to journal A LOT. ( helps me therapeutically )

🌟( 5. ) Books since I love to read. 

-----------------------------

That's pretty much all I collect however something about me is I don't have a whole ton of what I collect and only keep what really means something to me or useful I would well use. In a way like minimal living but I don't think I am fully like a minimalist but I like some things from it and do have in a way some tendencies like it. Though more or less still figuring out if I am one or ever will become one.  :?

• Like 2

I used to collect anime figures. But recently decided to sell them all.

I was running out of space and it makes moving hard.

It's still cool though as I got to fulfill a childhood dream (collecting anime figures).

In the past I tried collecting pens, as they were cheaper than an anime figure. haha

And there's a variety of pens that made it interesting to collect.

• Like 1

I seem to collect a few things.  My most massive collection is books.  I have shelves full of books.. mostly SF and some science/technology-related documentary or non-fiction (Stine's "Halfway to Anywhere", O'Neill's "2081", Mahaffey's "Atomic Accidents").  Some fantasy as well though.  All of The Lord of the Rings, including Hobbit and Silmarillion.  All of McCaffrey's "Dragonrider" Books.  All the Dune books.  All of Zelazny's Amber series.  A whole bunch of Niven, Clarke, Heinlein, and Azimov.  Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, and Piers Anthony are well represented.  I've got the last few years of "Analog" magazine on the shelf as well (and all the other issues back to 1972 packed away in boxes in the garage).  I've got 3 floor-to-ceiling bookshelves full of old-fashioned, dead-tree books in my bedroom and several more shelves-worth scattered around the house.  I wish I had more space for a real book library.

I also have a large number of items related to deep-space science and exploration missions like Voyager, Viking, Galileo, MRO, MSL, etc.  Mainly stuff like lapel pins and "baseball" caps, but even some things like event access badges for those that I was involved with.  Also copies of press kits, a Mars Exploration Rover lunchbox, Lego sets, stickers, coffee mugs, a bunch of buttons..  Mattel did a "matchbox car" version of one of the Mars rovers and I snagged one.  All sorts of space-related knick-knacks.  Most of it is just in a jumble in boxes, but some of it - like the lapel pins - I have on display.

IMG_4342.thumb.JPG.517ca4ec7128e2f278046780e94cd0d0.JPGIMG_4341.thumb.JPG.50d71c0a4994703e0650d73968126da4.JPG

I've also got a small coin collection.  Noting formal or valuable I'm afraid however.  My grandmother was a traveller and I expressed an interest in some of the coins she had after one of her trips so thereafter every time she went someplace she brought me her pocket change.  :)  Probably well under $100 worth of well-circulated small-denomination coins from all over the world.

Edited by efaardvark
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

On 3/26/2019 at 8:36 PM, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

I used to collect anime figures.

I have always wanted to start a anime figure collection. Though it is a tough one to collect for many reasons besides storage for them.The action figure industry is a rife with fakes, and counterfeits not to mention shipping them can be hard since they can be fragile. Even if you do find a good reliable source which is often your local anime con they are so expensive that you often cant even get a whole set without breaking the bank. At least thats the case for me. I have only ever bought a few anime figures. I stick to plushies, an other anime related collectibles.

I have a rather sizeable dvd collection, a lot of which is anime. Also a lot of video games. Also comic books from the late 70's through the early 90's, primarily Spiderman & X-men related titles. I still have a lot of the Star Wars action figures & toys from back in the late 70's early 80's. Finally I've also collected some memorabilia relating to the moon landing, since I was born a couple days afterwards.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 9:59 AM, ArchieKun said:

I have always wanted to start a anime figure collection. Though it is a tough one to collect for many reasons besides storage for them.The action figure industry is a rife with fakes, and counterfeits not to mention shipping them can be hard since they can be fragile. Even if you do find a good reliable source which is often your local anime con they are so expensive that you often cant even get a whole set without breaking the bank. At least thats the case for me. I have only ever bought a few anime figures. I stick to plushies, an other anime related collectibles.

Running out of space was the main reason I gave up collecting figures. It didn't help that I became a minimalist too. 

You made the right choice collecting collectibles. For some reason I enjoyed collecting them more than figures. (My figures collection had collectibles too)

Mainly because you can actually do something with collectibles. Like a Death Note notebook replica, a Bleach sword replica and so on. With figures you just admire them.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

Running out of space was the main reason I gave up collecting figures. It didn't help that I became a minimalist too. 

You made the right choice collecting collectibles. For some reason I enjoyed collecting them more than figures. (My figures collection had collectibles too)

Mainly because you can actually do something with collectibles. Like a Death Note notebook replica, a Bleach sword replica and so on. With figures you just admire them.

Yah I live in a fairly small apartment so shelf space is well, not a thing shall we say plus plushies are just better things to collect in my opinion far less maintenance. They are also cheaper among many other things. I do really like seeing figure collection showcases like at cons, or on YouTube sometimes.

I'm planing on collecting a few more things of crafting items to make some crafts again since I've always really enjoyed making things by hand and I'm rather good at it as well. :yum: Like I stated before on here I don't have a lot of things I collect since I'm sorta a minimalistic person but for crafting I might have a few more things. 

• Like 1

I also have started quite the collection of ty plushies that are continuing to come out. Though they are for my daughter.. mostly because when we are in the store and she sees one I’m like.. oh we don’t have a “dog” yet... etc.

This is probably because I like them too though 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

1F609CD5-EF43-4D32-952F-74FEF632FC31.jpeg

• Cute (Kawaii) 1

I used to collect when I was younger: Pokémon , Yu-Gi-Oh!  and other sorts of kinds of trading card games cards. I still do have my Pokémon cards and myabe.. some Yu-Gi-Oh! too  I also would like to try and collect them again however their really pricey now a days and the ones I want for Pokémon that are the Japanese  version are even more pricey. So over all that will be a very long time till I can start on that.  Lastly my sister and I were into Beanie Babies growing up and  we had so many of them too. However we both deiced to give them away to children who would need them more than us so now we don't have them anymore. It really was fun collecting them also playing with them too. Though we gave them up to those more in need of them and I'm really happy I did that. 

20 hours ago, Seshi said:

Though they are for my daughter.

That's your story and you're sticking to it, right? ;) 

Not that I can say anything.  I don't have kids of my own, but I've been known to borrow those of my friends occasionally for trips to places like the Lego outlet down at the mall.  :D  

• Like 1

I mainly collect Pokemon merchandise but do have a few other collections.

Other collections:

1. - One Piece (mainly figures, especially of Sanji)
  2. Gorillaz merch (CDs, DVDs, figures, etc)
  3. Anime Figures
  4. Sanrio
  5. Plushies
  6. Anime badges + key-rings
  7. Jewelry
  8. Games 
  9. Notebooks (It's a bad habit)
  10. Anime posters
  11. Osomatsu-San merch
  12. Game merch
  • Winner 1

I collect many thing,usually,what I collect is something I like, Such As:

√Manga and Anime

√Movie 

√Novel and academia book

But my favorite colection is peculiarity i found during my travel around the world, such as:traditional figurine doll, decorative chinese Fan, ancient chinese spear, and another thing I found as peculiar

15543525909510.9116338846463335.jpg

On 4/2/2019 at 3:14 AM, TsuchiMaika said:

I mainly collect Pokemon merchandise but do have a few other collections.

Other collections:

1. - One Piece (mainly figures, especially of Sanji)
  2. Gorillaz merch (CDs, DVDs, figures, etc)
  3. Anime Figures
  4. Sanrio
  5. Plushies
  6. Anime badges + key-rings
  7. Jewelry
  8. Games 
  9. Notebooks (It's a bad habit)
  10. Anime posters
  11. Osomatsu-San merch
  12. Game merch

Can't say I collect all of these, but I do collect plushies, games, wall scrolls, and posters for anime, games as well as other stuff. My walls are dripping with anime wall scrolls. 

Manga! Been collecting those since I was fourteen and I love every single one of them. There are some I give away not because I don't want them anymore, but since I work at a shelter the manga there are limited so I donate mine. The look on those kids faces when they see what I brought them is priceless. Yeah, I collect manga and its awesome.

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

6 hours ago, King_Sama said:

Manga! Been collecting those since I was fourteen and I love every single one of them. There are some I give away not because I don't want them anymore, but since I work at a shelter the manga there are limited so I donate mine. The look on those kids faces when they see what I brought them is priceless. Yeah, I collect manga and its awesome.

That is pretty awesome that you donate some of your manga to others. I have quite a bit of series tthat I have read that I too would not mind donating as I barely read it, and perhaps someone else would.

• Like 1

Dust - I collect dust on my violin. :P

Ok, in earnest, I collect books - shelves and shelves of books (granted, many are from the collection of my parents) with either classical literature (19th - mid 20th c. and especially WW1 lit.), athurian/medieval literature (really, any story from the middle ages to the 17th century), Mythology (especially Norse, Germanic, and Arabic), Fantasy (mostly High or Medieval Fantasy) and recently I started a growing Light Novel collection, though I don't have much time to read lately. And some mystery somewhere in between.

I used to collect stamps when I was a child but stopped long ago - I think the albums are buried somwhere in the attic...

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

11 hours ago, leinwandname said:

Dust - I collect dust on my violin. :P

I think everyone in the world is thereby a collector then as dust pretty much collects itself.