Pokemon Sword and Shield (also Pokemon in general)

Illusion of Terra

Have you heard about this? I knew they were planning on releasing a new Pokemon game in 2019, but I didn't know there actually was a trailer out!

Here it is

What do you think about it? Is this the big Pokemon-RPG they were promoting? Kinda expected it to be different, although I do think the more open world theme looks decent. I don't know about the starters though!

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Yes indeed I have, and I have been following it closely as I do most new Pokemon games. I love how it looks, and the new region looks pretty cool too. You can tell though that they are starting to get slightly less creative with the Pokemon designs. Though with that said with as many as there are now, and understanding Gold & Silver were supposed to be the final games in the series I'd say they have done a good job so far including with the now 8th gen games.

• Like 1

I also think that the franchise in general has done a fantastic job at keeping it interesting. The only thing is that when they announced that it is going to be an "RPG" like Pokemon game I kinda expected something different. Don't really know what, but the name "Sword and Shield" also seems to go into the classic RPG direction. So far it seems a lot like the classic pokemon games only on Switch. Not saying that that's bad, just saying that for some reason I thought they would change it more.

As for new ideas on how they look, they should just take a look at the variety of animals there are (especially the lesser known ones). There are some crazy looking animals out there.

Edited by Illusion of Terra

I'm kinda getting tired of their lazy marketing of Pokemon. I love Pokemon too but C'mon! Sword and Shield? Really? What's next?

Pokemon Chair/Table.

Pokemon Military/Citizen

Pokemon Peanut butter/Jelly

Pokemon Pulley/Crowbar.

Pokemon Head/Arm

Pokemon Smile/Frown

Pokemon Noodle/Soup

Pokemon Sour/Sweet

Pokemon Country/Rock

Pokemon Angry/Happy

Pokemon College/Grad

Pokemon Jupiter/Mars

Pokemon Thanos/Warlock

Pokemon Ice/Cream

Pokemon Tokyo/Beijing

Pokemon Apple/Orange

Pokemon Hero/Villain

Pokemon Grass/Dirt

Pokemon Employed/Unemployed

Pokemon Rich/Poor

Pokemon Flash/Drive

Pokemon Baby/Adult

I understand their original reason for doing this was not being able to fit a bunch of Pokemon in 1 game but this laziness is becoming ridiculous. 😒

On 3/24/2019 at 3:36 PM, Illusion of Terra said:

🙃

You don't think it could happen? At this rate i swear it's gonna happen. Watch. Mark MEH words. 😎

• Silly 1
  • Funny 2

My brother loves these Pokemon games. They release one every year and it keeps him preoccupied, so he can come home relax and play his video game. He's been playing them since day one and as long as you have dedicated fans like him, this franchise will never die.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, King_Sama said:

My brother loves these Pokemon games. They release one every year and it keeps him preoccupied, so he can come home relax and play his video game. He's been playing them since day one and as long as you have dedicated fans like him, this franchise will never die.

I agree with that completely. It is true that it is getting old starting to well show its age shall we say, but Pokemon is one of the most popular game series of all time. It may not be quite what it once was, but it is still awesome for what it dose pull off, and nearly every time there is a new generation something innovative happens both with how you play as well as graphics among other new aspects to this ever growing numbers game. 

Lately though with the last couple gens in particular 7th I was not all that impressed. I know they were trying to scale down in terms of spicness so I am glad in gen 8 they are bringing it back more toward the original formula.

• Like 2

@ArchieKun I haven't played the latest generations yet but in general I think it was great that they always included something innovative like you say. The games keep to the core concept, making them Pokemon games, but always add something new, and because the style always changes, at least to me, it always seems that there are just enough new things.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

@ArchieKun I haven't played the latest generations yet but in general I think it was great that they always included something innovative like you say. The games keep to the core concept, making them Pokemon games, but always add something new, and because the style always changes, at least to me, it always seems that there are just enough new things.

Right, and this time they will be on the Switch so of course it is a bit better of a system then the 3ds/2ds so the game can be more like a full fledged console game with console game graphics as well as features. Though of course the Switch can also be portable so you can still play it on the go like any other Pokemon title so far from the main line games which I think is hella dope personally. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crevanille said:

I'm kinda getting tired of their lazy marketing of Pokemon. I love Pokemon too but C'mon! Sword and Shield? Really? What's next?

Pokemon Sour/Sweet

Pokemon Apple/Orange

Pokemon Hero/Villain

My bet is actually on one of these three being next....  I can see the Pokémon Sweet/Sour game being a mobile phone game actually lol....

• Agree 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 4:13 PM, Beocat said:

My bet is actually on one of these three being next....  I can see the Pokémon Sweet/Sour game being a mobile phone game actually lol....

Yes, and the Pokémon will be named after sushi.. “Eel Roll I choose you!!”

Uh oh... did we just come up with a new Pokémon marketing line @Crevanille @Beocat🤣🤣🤣

• Funny 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...