How do you take your tea?

Seshi

Tea talk :)

I put milk in all of my teas except herbal, herbals I like with a large helping of Honey.

Most commonly I’ll drink Black tea about 3 times a day. It helps me have energy and also mellow out.

Cookies are a nice addition but also not always on hand sadly.. I run out rather fast when I have them with my tea.

Favorite cookie with black tea is the Lotus tea biscuit. Yummy

Edited by Seshi
  • Like 1

Cold as opposed to hot.

Sweetness and flavoring depends on what I'm having with it and my mood. Usually I like it somewhat (but not overly) sweet, but if I'm eating something that's already sweet with it, sometimes I'll drink it with no sweetener or sugar whatsoever. I also like Tradewinds Raspberry & Snapple Peach, especially when it's hot oustide

• Like 3

@HanaApril Connecting with folks is a worthy use of time I’d say. They won’t be around forever. Building memories sharing tea together sounds lovely 😊 

Since she likes green tea a lot, maybe order her a Matcha Green tea tin from Amazon. They are a bit more expensive and more hard to come by in stores, so she’s likely never had it, but to me it is the best tasting green tea. Japanese use it in tea ceremony.

In the South, we like our tea ice cold and sweet. I don't actually drink tea...or coffee...  but everyone else does and I am reminded of this singular defect in my Southern heritage almost daily 😑 my mom must've forgot to mix some tea in my bottle when I was a baby.

I pretty much live on herbal tea drink like 4 to 6 cups a day depending on my mood. Anything from ginger, and cinnamon to peppermint to so much more. Though ginger is by far by fav. In terms of how I prefer it well I add extra cinnamon, and ginger to most of them including green tea, or black tea. I am not big on super sweet teas, or those soda iced teas. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 4:43 PM, Seshi said:

I’ve never had cinnamon in ginger tea, I imagine it’s become even more spicy?

I added ginger to my cinnamon and vice versa and add cyane powder to both. Its very spicy.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

It depends on what type of tea I'm drinking, but generally black/straight.  Sometimes with a bit of honey though.  Sue Bee brand has an "orange blossom" honey with just a hint of citrus flavor that goes great with most teas.

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

3 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

It depends on what type of tea I'm drinking, but generally black/straight.  Sometimes with a bit of honey though.  Sue Bee brand has an "orange blossom" honey with just a hint of citrus flavor that goes great with most teas.

I love straight black tea. Its so strong and yummy. Its so good for you too. Though these days I am pretty much addicted to ginger, and cinnamon so likely i'd add those to it.

@Illusion of Terra Yeah I think that applies to most people. I, for some reason, taste bitter things intensified. If something is even slightly bitter, it is like eating grass to me 😂 So unless there is completely un-bitter black tea, it's probably not for me. Green tea with a lot of sugar is something I can drink but it's not my first choice. Happened to me more than once that others would say that something is not bitter, but I couldn't eat it at all. I've no idea why exactly I can't eat/drink bitter stuff.

2 hours ago, Seshi said:

That’s a shame, guess it’s like when some people taste cilantro it tastes like soap ☹️ 

I have always found that odd as it has never tasted like soap to me, but then everyone's taste buds are different, and they change with time.

actually, with the bitterness, I think I've found a way to explain it. Take a fresh lemon and cut it in halves (or quarters). Eat/taste one of the halves right away and it should taste sour. Let the other half  (quarter) out in the open for like 10 minutes and taste it afterwards. For me, it's like tasting two different fruits. The first half was sour, the second bitter (like grass). I can also always tell in a restaurant if the lemon was freshly cut or not because of this. Just came to mind, not really important.

• Like 1