What Anime Conventions are in your area?

Seshi

10 minutes ago, SanguineTear said:

As far as I know there are none close to me. I would need to do a lot of driving.

Yea there’s one in your state that I know of, but you’d have to commit if you really wanted to go. I’ve driven from SC to NC to meet old friends at the con. Some people drive a few more states away for Dragon Con (Atlanta I think).

Just make a vacation out of it, If you really like that sort of thing that is.

10 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Yea there’s one in your state that I know of, but you’d have to commit if you really wanted to go. I’ve driven from SC to NC to meet old friends at the con. Some people drive a few more states away for Dragon Con (Atlanta I think).

Just make a vacation out of it, If you really like that sort of thing that is.

Yeah I don't do well traveling and not a fan of large gatherings of people anyways tbh lol.

• Like 1

@Seshi I frequent Animazement too (last year and this year will likely be the only 2 years I'll have missed).  I wonder if I've ever talked to you at a panel before. :)  

And yes, Dragon Con is on my list to go to as well. It isn't that far away and it has so much to offer, especially if your significant other isn't an anime fan 😅  not every panel we go to at Animazement is about anime thankfully.  Plenty of Walking Dead, GoTs, and other mainstream scifi/comics stuff for the rest of the family to enjoy at Animazement sprinkled in.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Where I live there is so many dam cons both anime, sand otherwise. A One I attend every year, and one I am in fact attending this weekend is called Anime Detour. Been going to it since 2012.. I am super pumped. I am one of those con people that go to like 6 or more a year. I just like going to cons even if I don't get much at them sometimes. I just like being at them.

About 10 years ago there weren't any cons or any anime related events in my city. 

It's a small mountain city. Kind of conservative culture. 

But recently there has been an increasing amount of anime cons and related events. It's really amazing to see.

It seems the teens in my city were the ones who pushed for it. They're really passionate on cosplay and the anime culture.

Although whenever I go to a con I can't relate anymore. haha

Cons seem to be for a certain age demographic let's just say. Which is fine.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AnimeNYC and a small but popular local convention in my state, I've gone to both and had a blast at them. It's really fun to buy merch, support local artists, and meet people with similar interests that you share.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Here in the UK chances are you need to take a train journey to another city as the better events can be quite limited and many of the bigger ones tend to be near London.

My city had 2 small cons since 2013 and the one venue thay used kept needing emergency repairs and literally kept falling apart when we were there. Personally I am fond of Kitacon and Amecon, which always have been a few hours away ^^

Edited by TigerLily

I wonder what a virtual con would be like given the times we're in right now. A few tech cons I know of are doing a virtual experience. With that said they are industry run cons so it is slightly easier then a fan run event where its uncertain who the guests, or panelists will be each year. Though what do you guys think it would be like, and given the current climante would to attend?

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Jersey has a few conventions in both halves of the state and also has the advantage of the NY area with Anime NYC in November.

In state itself, we have DerpyCon in late October/early November, Castle Point Anime Convention in the spring, and AnimeNEXT in Atlantic City in June.

And then, there's the convention I'm part of, Puchi Con. We're in our 3rd year, mainly in March in North Jersey. We just had our most recent one in June and are about to have our first trip to A.C. at the end of this month.

I'm in Jax, FL. Lots of cons in our area. Wasabi-con in Jax, Ancient City Con in St Augustine, Megacon and AFO in Orlando, Metrocon in Tampa...also, AWA and Dragon-con in Atlanta, GA! I'm sure I've left a good number out...if I did, I apologize.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 1:53 PM, Otaking66lives said:

I'm in Jax, FL. Lots of cons in our area. Wasabi-con in Jax, Ancient City Con in St Augustine, Megacon and AFO in Orlando, Metrocon in Tampa...also, AWA and Dragon-con in Atlanta, GA! I'm sure I've left a good number out...if I did, I apologize.

I left out Holiday Matsuri in Orlando and Bold Matsuri in Jax as well. Sorry.