Favorite non-anime TV series

drill

So, I just finished watching "My Boss, My Hero" episode 2. This is a Japanese TV drama that was a remake of a South Korean movie called "My Boss, My Teacher." So far, this series is really funny, and on the way to becoming one of my favorite non-anime TV series.

Other shows that I like are Monk, Psych, Quantum Leap, and Law and Order: Criminal Intent. The former two I like as detective shows are fun to watch, but I like how they never let the show get too serious by creating situational comedy. Quantum Leap is a show I like as there is time traveling involved as well as a competent main character. For the last show, I only like the episodes with Goren as its really interesting to see how he can get the culprit to confess to their crime.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

NCIS, Grimm, Person of Interest, Game of Thrones(Need to really catch up on that) Adventure Time, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Power Rangers(almost everything except Operation Overdrive and Ninja Storm), Foster's home of imaginary friends, Powerpuff Girls, The Good Wife, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Breaking Bad, Ben 10, and Supernatural.

I used to watch Monk ocassionally back home. They air reruns of it in Japan too.

Anywho, for me, I don't watch much television in general, even back home, but I am watching the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated series. It's not so bad. I just started watching this show maybe last summer.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't really tend to follow mainstream American serial, like TWD or GoT. The ones I did watch were usually superhero shows like "Heroes" and "Agents of Shield". I don't really have a favorite, as neither of those are top-notch quality.

If I have to name a favorite though, it wouldn't be an English or even a Japanese drama, it would be a local Singapore serial drama broadcast in Chinese a long time ago called "The Unbeatables". It was a really fun gambling show mixed with action, gunfights, and a 'Romeo and Juliet' kind of romance. I think my favorite aspect of that show was how it dealt with the idea of fate and destiny. These two lovers didn't end up lovey-dovey like Romeo and Juliet; they argued and fought a lot due to their conflicting families, even until the second season.

And of course, the best part of the series was watching the protagonist, who was pretty much a pseudo 'God of Gambler' like Chow Yun-Fat. He was pretty badass. And besides him, the gambling scenes were so exaggerated in action-packed formats, but it was really fun to watch them. Since I have little knowledge in gambling, it was always thrilling for me to figure out who would win. xD

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really loved Breaking Bad, so sad its over but it's for the best. Right now I'm following two shows, Hell on Wheels and Better Call Saul (Which is a spinoff of Breaking Bad) Not that big on TV shows though, unless they're on AMC like Hell on Wheels and Better Call Saul. But I did like when they showed Garfunkel and Oates on IFC, but then they cancelled it which saddens me.

• 4 weeks later...

I just noticed something pretty cool in How I Met Your Mother , in season 6 episode 13 there is a countdown to the moment when Lily tells Marshal about his dad dying , it goes from 50 (right at the beginning of the episode ) to 001 (when Lily gets out of the cab).

Has anyone else noticed this or was I just slow ...?

• 3 months later...

Recently when I was looking up deep in my pc directory, I found a TV series called "Mind your language" so I decided to rewatch/watch(cant really remember if I already watched it or not) it was so damn funny xD, basically its about foreigners trying to learn English in UK, that japanese student was really funny, especially when arguing with the chinese student xD.

So yeah thats the only TV series I have watched and so far its really good.

Edited by Guest

Steven Universe is one of my favorites right now. Along with Rick and Morty.

As for non animated: I also go back to Devil Beside You, Why Why Love and My Lovely Same Soon. I've watched all three at least twice. They are old but I love them so much.

Doctor Who FTW .
In the upcoming season of Nick's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, David Tenant will voice the character Dr. Honeycutt/the Fugitoid. I'm expecting there to be some Doctor Who Easter eggs. Wish I was a Doctor Who fan to the point where I'd actually notice them. ^^

In the upcoming season of Nick's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, David Tenant will voice the character Dr. Honeycutt/the Fugitoid. I'm expecting there to be some Doctor Who Easter eggs. Wish I was a Doctor Who fan to the point where I'd actually notice them. ^^

David Tenant is going to voice someone in TMNT ? this is odd but I might pick up the series just to hunt for some Easter eggs :P

Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Guest

David Tenant is going to voice someone in TMNT ? this is odd but I might pick up the series just to hunt for some Easter eggs :P

Thanks for the heads up.

It's going on season 4. The season 3 finale had a lot of stuff happen. Season 4 starts October 25. The Fugitoid appeared at the end of the season 3 finale.

That aside, I recommend the series in general. There are always Easter eggs in this show. Sean Astin voices Raphael and they've had nods to Lord of the Rings and the Goonies. For the LotR joke, the four were LARPing, and Mikey had a ring offering it to Raph. He then said, "I don't do rings." lol. The Goonies ref was good. Raph ended up in an underground cave, and then said something like, Aw, no pirate ship" or "So much for finding a pirate ship".

I like the old references.