Anime that you wish there was a sequel to

drill

This doesn't really have to be a sequel, but could be a prequel or remake.

I really wish there was a sequel to Angel Beats featuring a new cast of characters, and having the old cast being drawn back into the "afterlife." Also, a prequel to Fate/Zero featuring the 3rd Holy Grail War with a completely new story and cast. Spice and Wolf needs another season, as I hear the manga has enough content to do so. Shigofumi really needs a two cour remake with modern graphics, so then they can go into the characters more. Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S really needs a "true" prequel, as it strayed from the 2007 anime, but was by far superior to it. Finally, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun really needs a sequel and not just these three minute specials.

Yep, I think thats it, thanks for listening to my rambling, all of which is never going to happen :? Anyway, what shows would you like to see done?

• Agree 1

Hm, for me, I wish Fruits Basket could get redone or continued. Sucks it was never actually finished. It's one of my favorite manga series, so it would be interested to see another adaptation or a better one.

Another series I wish would "continue" is the Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu series.

Oh, I forgot to mention Gunsmith Cats.

Oh, there are a ton of anime that I loved that didn't really finish their stories (because they didn't adapt all of the thing they were based on), or just some I wish to see more stuff from.

Shugo Chara!, Elfen Lied, D. Gray Man, Amnesia, Claymore, Letter Bee, Berserk, Miss Monochrome, Humanity Has Declined, Daybreak Illusion...

• 1 month later...

There are a few but mainly

Berserk (for the love of [Please insert deity here])

Hajime no Ippo (please . . . just make another season)

Hunter X Hunter

Ao no Exorcist

Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Kateiyoushi Hitman Reborn

Sekirei

some of these have more than one season but need to have one more to cap them off properly

• 3 weeks later...

Plenty of people on another site seem to be in agreement with my thought that Angel Beats! needed to be longer anyway, but to just flesh the thing out a little more, give some characters time to actually develop (ex. Yusa. Though it seems that's happening in Heaven's Door anyway, and by extension Track Zero, the thing that that manga is being adapted from)

Aria The Scarlet Ammo needs a sequel and not just an adaption of a spin-off, which reminds me of what I said before, and how we also pretty much need Accel World too.

Yumekui Merry needs a complete reboot. Not to say the series was bad... it was just a bit underwhelming compared to when the manga got to that point, and then proceeded to go in a completely different direction.

Obvious sequel hooks I've seen that need to be fulfilled:

• Is This a Zombie? Of The Dead
  • Oda Nobuna no Yabou
  • At this point Dog Days'' may end up doing the same thing the previous 2 seasons did. I know I should wait before saying but... I'm still gonna want a 4th season regardless of whether that happens or not

Others:

• A Certain Magical Index
  • A Certain Scientific Railgun
  • The Devil is a Part-Timer!
  • Hayate the Combat Butler! (can we please get a more orderly adaption and actually introduce A-tan?)
  • Hyouka (there is another volume left to adapt. Make it a sequel movie, or just a 1 cour season that used some good original material you guys are known for)
  • I'm inevitably going to think JoJo's Bizarre Adventure needs one when this season is over, it's JoJo.
  • Montly Girl's Nozaki-kun
  • No Game No Life
  • Probably more I just don't want to say, my post is already longer than any others as it is

Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Hell Yeah ! That was an amazing series. I need to see more :'(

The Devil is a Part-Timer!

I would love to see a new season , the first was so good.

No Game No Life

I would really like a second season here as well.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun really needs a sequel and not just these three minute specials.

So true. I haven't even finished the first season, but I got spoiled on a lot of things and I already agree with you.

Gurenn Lagann i wish there was season 2 but no :veryangry:

I think the ending was enough, but a spin-off would be really cool. Have you seen the movies? The second one is slightly different and the ending is nice.

I'd love for Ben-To to get a second season, but sadly it looks like it's never going to happen. They had some characters that could've been more fleshed out and the story could've easily kept going. Same deal with Darker than Black. It doesn't look like BONES is ever going to make up for the weird ending in the second season. They left it so open for more with a weird explanation at the end and never delivered a third season. A sequel for Humanity Has Declined would be awesome seeing as the novel supposedly gets a mind-blowing ending.

As for prequels, gimme that Kizumonogatari already!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering other thoughts about the need for a series to have another season. I'll get the ball rolling by adding Claymore, Btooom!, Deadman Wonderland, Beserk and The Legend of Legendary Heroes to the mix.

Claymore - the ending was poor filler, now that there is source material they should continue with the organisation.

Btooom! - one of my favs, though an over-used storyline... the characters are fantastic and deserve more development and a fitting ending.

Deadman Wonderland - needs a revamp of the protagonist (whiny and whimpy piece of shit) and be consistantly darker. Great ethos to build from. (the only way is up)

Berserk - I'm a fanboy. Its awesome and I want to see more of this anime.

TLoLH - Great story and cast, kinda ruined by last 3 eps rushing to a confusing conclusion. Needs the proper treatment!

• 3 weeks later...

After watching Usagi drop again (for like the 5th time) I would really like for the rest of the series to be made into anime , although the end of the manga has caused some fans to be upset I feel that it deserves to be made none the less , even if only to bring things to an end .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jupiter

By Sequel do we mean a season 2 or a season 3?

I will agree with Akashi Seijuro that Claymore had a poor ending. It did not go with the manga's ending at all. Although the anime was consistent with the manga up until that very last episode.

I would like to see the Guyver: Bioboosted Armor see a few more seasons made since the manga has progressed a lot since than. The anime stayed very true, although there was a few episodes that were added in filler.

• 7 months later...

I dunno...part of me wishes for a second season of Azumanga Daioh, but at the same time, I'm having a very hard time thinking of how it could work.

I worry it'd be a rehash of the original show, and even if it wasn't, where would it go then?

As sad as it was to see it end, it was probably for the best, much as I hate to say it. :(

Now, as for OVAs...we never did get to see a sequel to the Sonic Anime OVA (also known as Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie).

The potential was there, and I would have liked to see it more than Sonic X...alas, Sonic X came into existence, and knowing Sega, any possible continuation of the OVA is pretty much dead as long as they're in control.

Even references to it in aren't allowed in the comics, lest Archie gets in trouble (unless they reference it using Mega Man characters, apparently).

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic