Thoughts on Vaping

Greeneyes

Do you Vape?

What do you think of Vaping and people who Vape?

Personally, I think Vaping is kinda stuipid... 

• Agree 2

Yeah seems silly to me too. For one the actual act of vaping just looks dumb and unattractive to me. 

I don't necessarily think poorly of people just because they vape, but it does influence my opinion negatively to some degree.

• Like 1

I don’t honestly understand why it’s supposed to be safer than cigarettes. It still has the addictive chemical (nicotine). It may not have the same chemicals as tobacco, but not regulated as heavily, so who knows what’s actually in them. Plus repeated reports of the devices catching fire or even blowing up in the users face.

To me, it’s just companies making money off people by getting them addicted while arguing they’re being socially concious (safer than tobacco) :huh:

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

I don't like vaping it reminds me of smoking which I strongly dislike nor hang around people who do that. If that's your thing since it's your life and all I just do don't approve for a lot of reasons..  I'll still will respect anyone who does vaping however I'll just wont be around you if you do it. All I can say I was brought up around family members who were hardcore with that and alcoholism so I REALLY don't like it and I have NEVER gotten into that stuff nor NEVER will even if you paid me.. However I won't share my many more opinions on the mater since I don't want to upset anyone with my thoughts on the manner nor debate about it so I apologize.  My main thought about is my mother was a smoker all her life since I could remember though she was NOTHING like her family so she just had a hard time quiting for years.then one day she just really had enough and wanted to commit fully to quitting. She's not a smoking no more for 4 or 5 years now and she feels so much better also dislikes strongly the smell of smoke even smokers now. Though she does the vape thing in her quiting process to slowly cut down on the nicotine and she now does it without that. She is doing even more better doing the vape less and less and I hope she gets off that too soon.  More or less if you want to do it you can again it's your life but I just think it's really stupid and not worth it since your literary wasting money to continue doing it and that money can be used on better useful things. 

• Agree 1

I like vaping as opposed to smoking, but not with those big cloud vapors.. just the modest ones. The large capacity vapor kits have been linked to “popcorn lung” scary as hell.. so no, vaping isn’t always safer than smoking cigarettes. 

Yes @ArchieKun there’s nicotine in the vapor, but it doesn’t have arsenic and other carcinogens (that have been identified) and the worst is that none of it is regulated, so really we don’t know the ingredients most of the time. They could end up being worse for us than cigarettes (like with the larger vaporizer causing popcorn lung from the deep inhalation and density of the vapor).

My parents are huge smokers, and I’d love to transition them to vape just to make the environment their home better for me to visit. 

Ive smoked in the past & have tried vaping, I’d do vaping if I were still a smoker, the liquids taste good.

I wape on rare occasion never been super into it though nor have I been big smoker either. Though growing up with a mother who smoked it dose not exactly turn me away if somebody dose smoke, or vape. I agree that the modest sized ones are better as I am not trying to create a cloud, or anything.

• Like 1

@Ohiotaku In the end pretty much any product is trying to make money off you, but at least they also usually provide some value or benefit that warrants purchasing. Whereas vaping and smoking shackle people into buying more through addiction and don't provide any true benefits, but have plenty of consequences. 

If it wasn't so unhealthy I wouldn't have such a negative opinion, but it seems absurd to me to willingly pay to get potential health issues~

I don't know if vaping or smoking is more damaging, since I neither smoke nor vape and have never looked into it, but I prefer other people vaping rather than smoking because it doesn't stink as much as smoking. If I stand around smokers for too long all my clothes smell like smoke which I dislike. Vaping at least doesn't make other people's clothes smell that much.

Everyone probably heard of this that smoking is really bad for your health and you really shouldn't do it. Though I have heard studies that vaping is a lot worse than smoking and can cause even more problems or ten time more than smoking. However I'm not sure if it's 100% true but I have spoken with my cousin who just got into vaping and she even knows it's really bad for her and worse than smoking cigarettes. My cousin has told me she knows about that but rather vape since the smell is a lot better and maybe other factors but I didn't really ask her. 

Meh, it smells better than cigarettes - so, I'd rather have someone vaping next to me than smoking a cig. If people think that they need to do it, I don't care. I just don't want to smell anything weird in a restaurant, or inside in general. I don't know if it is actually healthier or not, I never researched that since I personally, as a non smoker, don't care, but I daresay that not inhaling any questionable substances is more healthy than otherwise.

• Like 1

I guess it could be considered as a “potentially” lesser evil than smoking cigarettes to people who are addicted, but that’s largely due to the fact that less in known about it’s health effects, especially long term. And I don’t like the idea of trying to market it to new users, especially younger ones.

I am interested in vaping not because I'm a smoker, but because I need to relax and after trying it once it does help. I haven't gotten one for myself as of yet and honestly I don't entirely know why, maybe because my girlfriend doesn't like it herself, still I wouldn't even know how to go about starting vaping.

This and I hear that its supposedly worst than smoking an actual cigarette.

4 hours ago, leinwandname said:

Meh, it smells better than cigarettes - so, I'd rather have someone vaping next to me than smoking a cig. If people think that they need to do it, I don't care. I just don't want to smell anything weird in a restaurant, or inside in general. I don't know if it is actually healthier or not, I never researched that since I personally, as a non smoker, don't care, but I daresay that not inhaling any questionable substances is more healthy than otherwise.

This.  The smell of cigarette smoke is actually a migraine trigger for me.  I'd love it if the people who choose to smoke around me vaped instead.  As far as health reasons are concerned, what someone else does to their body is none of my business.  Them smoking isn't killing me off any faster so I don't care in that way.

On 3/28/2019 at 10:51 AM, Ohiotaku said:

I guess it could be considered as a “potentially” lesser evil than smoking cigarettes to people who are addicted, but that’s largely due to the fact that less in known about it’s health effects, especially long term. And I don’t like the idea of trying to market it to new users, especially younger ones.

Honestly I won't deny that I like it sometimes, but just knowing there is less research into how it definitively impacts your health compared to smoking dose not win it over as a alternative for me. Mind you I am not in any way addicted to smoking, or anything of that sort.

I think it is funny that he is kneeling, and trying with all his might to not have his bottom reach the sand. This is probably because he is vaping as he takes this pic, but still hilarious. 

On 3/28/2019 at 11:30 PM, leinwandname said:

Meh, it smells better than cigarettes - so, I'd rather have someone vaping next to me than smoking a cig.

Nothing worse than secondhand smoke. So I agree it's better than a traditional cigarette. As a non-smoker it feels like a step forward because now I don't have to inhale the smoke.

They banned vaping in public here in my country. In some cities. 

There are also some weird vaping competitions that pop up. They're like making it an art now or something. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

Nothing worse than secondhand smoke. So I agree it's better than a traditional cigarette. As a non-smoker it feels like a step forward because now I don't have to inhale the smoke.

They banned vaping in public here in my country. In some cities. 

There are also some weird vaping competitions that pop up. They're like making it an art now or something. 

Vaping competitions? Guess anything can be competitive now...

• 4 years later...

Personally, I get where you're coming from; it can seem a bit odd to some. But hey, different strokes for different folks, right?
As for people who vape, it's all about personal choices. Some folks use it as a way to quit smoking, while others just enjoy the flavors. It's essential that everyone does their own thing responsibly.
If you're curious about vaping's impact or alternatives, you might want to check out the Releaf webpage. They've got some interesting insights on various health-related topics, including vaping.

Edited by eliyasuzekeri

The smell of both cigs and vapes gives me a headache so luckily I've never used either. I don't know which is the better option between smoking cigs or vaping being as how both are harmful in different ways though I've heard vaping is the "better" between the two. I remember reading about vapes exploding though so maybe not. 😶

• Like 1

I don't smoke or vape personally and I don't really like the smell of it, but it's better than cigarette smoke I guess. I've heard vaping helps people to stop smoking .-. Since I've never done either never really looked up the health risks of vaping lol

• Like 1

I've never smoked and don't like the smell of cigarette smoke so I've never really thought much about vaping although I have read some reports that say that while vaping can be used as way to stop smoking it can be as addictive and harmful to your health as smoking. There's even talk here in the UK of banning single-use vapes to reduce the number of school age children vaping.

I don't know about other countries, but here in the UK it's against the law to smoke or vape in public buildings, railway stations, buses, trains etc.