What age is The Promised Neverland okay for?

GavinShahin

I don't remember it having any sexual content. Most of the characters are children.

But it is quite dark. There is not too much physical violence that is actually shown, but it is quite heavy psychologically. So it can be quite psychologically upsetting.

I don't know about age but I wouldn't recommend it for children.

• Agree 1

I think 16 is an okay age to watch it. Like @Illusion of Terra said, not much physical violence and no sexual stuff that I have seen, but it absolutely messes with you. I found it darker than Death Note personally, haven't seen AoT though and it is tough relating it to the Walking Dead.

Edited by SanguineTear
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

The first season was definitely more psychlogical & less action oriented than AOT, but I actually get a similar vibe from the two. I have a feeling that may change in the second season(already confirmed for 2020). I also agree that  it’s darker  than Death Note where most characters die of heart attacks.

Blood and gore is pretty minimal. Probably the most disturbing scenes for me didn’t have any actual blood

when “Mom” snapped Emma’s leg. Also when they made it look like Ray set himself on fire

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

I thought it was worth watching, but not as great as it was hyped to be. For me this is largely due to the fact that we still know very little about the world it takes place in, since the entire first season takes place in a single location.  So I'm looking forward to finding out more in the second season, even though that won't be until sometime next year.

One more piece of information: season one will start airing on Toonami/Adult Swim beginning April 13

I think it is quite well made. I didn't hear about the hype so I watched it from a rather neutral position. I agree with @Ohiotaku that it is a bit slow when it comes to plot development though.

If dark anime aren't for you, you might want to avoid it, but if it is not that bad you can try the first episode and see if it is too upsetting or not.

3 hours ago, GavinShahin said:

Also, any word on when or if the dub will come out? Lately I find myself drifting towards dubs over subs.

6 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

One more piece of information: season one will start airing on Toonami/Adult Swim beginning April 13

Toonami is Cartoon Network's anime block airing on saturday nights/sunday mornings and all their anime is dubbed . Apparent;y there is some sort of agreement where they will get the dubbed episodes before anyone else at least in the US.

Edited by Ohiotaku