Action romance anime with a happy ending

Latte14

I have recently watched darling in the franxx, guren lagen, and future diary. I’m sorry but they are so sad at the ends I love action anime but I really need a successful romance to keep me hooked and I can’t find one that actually ends happy. Any suggestions?

Familiar of Zero is long...but may have a happy ending you are searching for.  Unfortunately, most anime developers are obsessed with harems so truly attaining an actual happy ending that isn't indeterminate in a romance is fairly difficult. @awesomedude20 or @the_twig may have been working on a list of anime with successful romances.  Any suggestions, guys?

Toradora! It’s got an emotional but happy ending! It’s a slice of life romance type. I loved it. 

Synopsis:

Ryuuji Takasu is a gentle high school student with a love for housework; but in contrast to his kind nature, he has an intimidating face that often gets him labeled as a delinquent. On the other hand is Taiga Aisaka, a small, doll-like student, who is anything but a cute and fragile girl. Equipped with a wooden katana and feisty personality, Taiga is known throughout the school as the "Palmtop Tiger."

One day, an embarrassing mistake causes the two students to cross paths. Ryuuji discovers that Taiga actually has a sweet side: she has a crush on the popular vice president, Yuusaku Kitamura, who happens to be his best friend. But things only get crazier when Ryuuji reveals that he has a crush on Minori Kushieda—Taiga's best friend!

Toradora! is a romantic comedy that follows this odd duo as they embark on a quest to help each other with their respective crushes, forming an unlikely alliance in the process.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

8EC8D5AD-EDC2-43A1-9F5D-EC55A1BC524F.jpeg

Unfortunately there are incredibly few good action romance anime. There's nothing wrong with the genre combination, and it by all rights should be great, but it just isn't. As Beocat said, the lack of an ending is normally the issue.

Having said that though, here are a few that are good.

Twin Star Exorcists
Two young exorcists are told that they are the "Twin Star Exorcists", and that they are destined to give birth to the most powerful exorcist ever. They absolutely hate each other though. Twin Star Exorcists is about them getting to know each other better, while protecting the world from demons called Kegare.

Scrapped Princess
The princess of a kingdom is abandoned at birth because she is prophesied to become effectively the antichrist on her 16th birthday. Skip forward 15 years, and the "Scrapped Princess" is found to be alive, and living with her adopted siblings. The three of them then go on the run to escape from all of the armies of the world, while trying to work out how not to destroy the planet.
The romance in this series is basically all in the last quarter or so, and isn't exactly standard, but its still a great series that we really wish more people would watch.

Katanagatari
A tactician finds a swordsman who uses no sword, and asks him to go on a journey with her to find 12 legendary swords and present them to the shogunate.
This is quite a talky series, but damn is it well animated during the fights. It has really well written characters too.

Zero no Tsukaima
This was also mentioned by Beocat. A guy is summoned to a magical world as the familiar of a witch who can barely use magic. Insert saving the world type stuff here.
Zero is actually a lot better than you might expect. It's one of literally two series in the entire harem genre that we will recommend to people. It has 4 seasons, a properly conclusive ending that actually wraps up the romance, and is one of the very few isekai anime to deal with actually going home.

That should do for now.

Btoom doesn't have much romance at all...

! most recommended 3 least but all are recommended.

Charlotte 1

Chivalry of a Failed Knight 1

Code Realize 2

Heaven's Lost Property 3

Highschool Dxd 2

Izetta the Last Witch 2

Seven Senses of ReUnion 2

Sword Art Online 2

The Ancient Magus Bride 1

Tokyo Ghoul 1

Worldend 1111 < This one most fits in my opinion and I think you would enjoy it a lot.

Edited by Greeneyes