Manga to anime...

ssjup81

Sorry, I wasn't sure where to ask this, so I decided to ask this here. So, there are some people who are manga readers as well as anime watchers and there are some manga series that don't have an animated counterpart. So, are there any manga series you wish were made into an anime series?

A good bit of the manga I have read is much better staying manga, but I really would like to see Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari become an anime. After all, the web novel version already "finished" (its not done publishing, but I hear that the new chapters actually start over from the beginning in the lancer's point of view, and that the story already ended several chapters ago). The web novel is something like 700 chapters, and I think that roughly 400 of them contain the entire story. So, they have plenty of material to make it work.

That sounds pretty interesting. Sounds like it would be nice to adapt.

I can't think of many series right off that I've read over the years, as most do have an animated counterpart, but one of my favorite manga series, which has been finished, which prompted me to even start this thread is +Anima.

+Anima has the potential, I feel to make a nice animated series and kinda wish that it did have one. I'd definitely check it out. I also feel that this series is probably underrated and not as known as others.

If it counts, I REALLY want all the parts of The World God Only Knows in an anime. The actual anime started good, but skipped half the manga to rush season 3. On top of that, they ended it much earlier in the story than the manga, giving it a weak ending.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
If it counts, I REALLY want all the parts of The World God Only Knows in an anime. The actual anime started good, but skipped half the manga to rush season 3. On top of that, they ended it much earlier in the story than the manga, giving it a weak ending.

exactly

• Agree 1

I do have some, for instance:

• Accel World / Dural: Magisa Garden: If a new female protag spin-off in Aria the Scarlet Ammo AA could get adapted (by the way, that's one that needs an actual sequel, so maybe I'll post in that thread after), then I hope this certainly could.
  • AKB49 - The Rules Against Love: Nothing against Mecha, light saber mics and underground concerts performed across the galaxy, but even if it's a gender bender, it's still a more grounded attempt at AKB in anime & manga.
  • Cahe Tantei-bu (didn't use English name b/c Cahe): It could be really fun, I just hope they do well on adapting the designs, after all, the author did previously get an adaption done.
  • Love & Lies: Interesting concept, apparently this is already one of if not the most popular title on MangaBox, so I can certainly hope.

I want a few adapted, but I'm doubting it'll happen:

• Yotsuba&!: The story's really fun and Yotsuba always makes me happy. I think it'd be easily animated into a short twelve episode series, but it's been out for years now so there's doubt.
  • Shinazu no Ryouken: This is fairly new so I doubt it'll be adapted any time soon. It's action based and its setting would be really good for animation. Basically humans are immortal unless they have "Resurrection Deficiency Syndrome." People with RDS are hunted down because they can spread it. The main character is a woman who protects them. She uses guns and since the police can't really die she freely kills them until they resurrect. I haven't seen Psycho-Pass but I want to say the atmosphere kind of like that.

• Zaregoto: This one's a light novel, but I'd want this to be adapted so bad. It starts off with a murder mystery but that's not really its focus. Zaregoto translates to "nonsense" and that's probably the perfect way to describe this series. A masterpiece made out of nonsense. I don't know whether any studio could adapt it properly since a lot of the scenes are just dialogue and internal monologue. Shaft is probably best suited for this since Monogatari was similar and they did a great job with it.
  • Unbalance x Unbalance: This one's ecchi/romance and its ending was cute. I don't trust the author since he's prone to dropping series, but this series is already over so it doesn't really matter. I haven't really seen any anime with a teacher/student relationship like the one in it. Even though the ending in the manga was cute, it was rushed because the author decided to drop it so I think they could make better.

• 4 weeks later...

There are some really amazing Manga out there that more than deserve to be made into anime.

For myself Ever since I started reading Black Bird I have been thinking to myself "Why is this not an anime?"

I have searched online and found a few people also wondering the same thing It's a brilliant manga and would work well as an anime , so why hasn't it been done yet?

The same goes for Dice: the cube that changes everything

What manga do you think really deserves an anime ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jupiter
Sorry, I wasn't sure where to ask this, so I decided to ask this here. So, there are some people who are manga readers as well as anime watchers and there are some manga series that don't have an animated counterpart. So, are there any manga series you wish were made into an anime series?

There is one manga that got one season. Most anime I watch is like...one season and the manga is either complete or incomplete, but still deserves a second season. I guess it depends on how well it does all together. But Guyver and Claymore really need a second season.

• Geano locked this topic