Aquaman movie - Love it or Hate it?

Seshi

Just watched Aquaman.. seemed like it had a lot that could have been done better, from the missing backstory of the Atlantans, to the comedic points being just a bit off kilter? The action sequences were overdone with special effects IMO and then there was the too cliche and put together martial arts moves from the characters fighting on land. Predictable moments of near death for several characters who were (not so surprisingly) saved.

Winning bits were obvi Aquaman with his shirt off, and the underwater scenes were really well done. Somehow it just seemed that the budget and focus was more on that aspect of the movie though, so it left the surface kind of lackluster 😕

Oh and my personal favorite hilarious part where the movie became another National Treasure sequel. 

Your thoughts?

Edited by Seshi

Loved it and I think they waited for the right time to do it.  There is no way they could have done the special effects and created the environment that they did if they tried this ten years ago. It's a DC franchise too so I felt the jokes were more on the DC level (you can't really compare DC and Marvel any more than you can compare Star Trek and Star Wars) and pretty good. They set up the characters in line with their actual comic book background and I wonder if the next Aquaman movie will see him lose his hand. Looking forward to the next.

• Like 1

@Beocat yea can't compare D.C. and Marvel. I prefer Marvel, the DC. Stuff is way more serious (usually) and dark. Marvel does comedy a lot more and better for sure. Maybe I'll rewatch it later with different expectations and see if that helps.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 5 weeks later...

I finally got around to watching this and enjoyed it a lot. Definitely not what I was expecting from a DC superhero movie, but I didn’t mind the campiness of it (I know people have already talked about nit making the Marvel comparison, but I actually feel liked it worked better thanThor: Ragnarok). I think the only thing I rolled my eyes at was the seahorses making horse noises and the drum playing squid/octopus which felt more like it belonged in The Little Mermaid :lol:  I’m normally skeptical of CGI, but it really was breathtaking here  (almost on par with Avatar. Overall, I don’t think it’s really been given the credit it deserves.

• Like 1

I loved every second of the movie only because the protagonist casting was just great. To have Jason Momoa last Aquaman was just a great movie on the castings part, he fit the roll perfectly while bring his actual self into the movie. At times that could have gone wrong but in this case it's just what the movie needed. The CGI was also a big hit for me I see how trying to get the effects you want in an environment that takes place underwater can be difficult, so I can applaud that. However, I can see where people would say that the CGI was a little much. Some of it wasn't needed in certain parts of the movie which would make people like myself think Aquaman was very depended on it's special effects. All in all, I enjoy Aquaman.

• 3 years later...

it  is  ok  

i just  pefer the  DC cartoon Unverise 

compare  to live  actiion

the batman live actions  were good

the Dark knight with 

The Joker is a character who appears in Christopher Nolan's 2008 superhero film The Dark Knight, in which he is portrayed by Heath Ledger.
was Great  I like it

The  joker with  Joaquin Phoenix  was great

when  it comes  to marvel
i  Like  The Punisher Movies and Daredevil  flims

The avengers Movies
Just are just bad in my Opinion 
and black panther 1 and now    black panther 2  Wakanda Forever 
just sucks
Edited by Nicholas D. Wolfwood