Most random thing stuck in your head

Seshi

I get all sorts of random stuff stuck in there.  One time I had the number 45 stuck in my head for a day.  Why?  No idea.  That was probably the oddest I can remember offhand. 

More often like you it is a song, or sometimes a bit of a song that I then spend a day or so trying to figure out the name of.  (If I can queue it up in spotify and listen to it completely then I can often get rid of an earworm right away.  Gotta know the name or at least a useful search term before that can happen though.) 

Not just music though.  Sometimes I'll get a brief video loop from some show stuck in there.  Or sometimes it is a bit of a quote from a book.  Again, if I can figure out where it's from and watch/read the whole thing I can usually get rid of it and get on with life, but figuring out where it came from is sometimes nearly impossible and it'll drive me crazy until I can figure it out.  :veryangry:  This happens a lot with anime.  I'll spend half a day trying to remember exactly how an anime character said something - usually something idiomatic - in Japanese.  I'll wonder about it at work but not *quite* remember and it'll get stuck and rattle around up there until I can get home to look up and replay the episode to find the quote.  I've been known to spend hours scrubbing through whole seasons of anime looking for a particular scene or quote.  😭

• Agree 1

I have multiple random things stuck in my head as of late mostly just music from my childhood like nursery rhymes even Christmas music. To be honest I really don't mind  having them stuck in my head and yeah I sing them out load to myself sometimes. :blush: It makes me feel calm and relaxed so why not sing them. 

• Like 1

It's kind of embarrassing to me to have these songs stuck in my head... one day I had a potty training song stuck in my head, and I said what's up to someone, turned to walk away and resumed murmuring that song to myself... I'm sure they heard me "flush and wash and then we're all done" 😹

• Funny 1

I do not usually get random things stuck in my head, but I for some reason I recently got the first ending to Bleach in my head and I could not remember where I had heard it from.

6 hours ago, Seshi said:

turned to walk away and resumed murmuring that song to myself

With me it was Coulton's "Still Alive" from Portal.  Try explaining that one to the people at work!   :D

• Funny 1

• 1 month later...

a Pink slimy ball unable to use Its full potential.

It has Its own will, remembering something Is only done by repetition, forgetting on the other hand Is nearly Impossible.
Though thats not quite right since I remember my mom made a gold crown when I was 3, even tho It only happened once.
The Most complex thing ever made Is so complex that even the brain himself doesnt know how to use.

Its so quick that no machine will ever be able to beat It.
It has more memory then any Computer In the world.

We know almost everything about the animal we've discovered.
We know when the Universe was born.
We know are almost ready to copy ourselves, which Is weird, cause the only think we don't know about.

Is ourselves.

Our brain doesnt age, even when our heart stops, our brain keeps going.
Maybe we can live after we die.

But,

The Truth Is that we are not capable of knowing the truth about our masterpiece thats Inside.

But whenever I go to bed and close my eyes my brain whispers, Eventually the Inevitable will happen and you will not wake up, so make the most of the time you've got.
Its sad....

But the only reason I can enjoy what I love Is because this slimy ball Inside me Is capable of things that no other species can do on this world.
Its the most awesome thing that exists and the only mystery that will probably never be solved.

Answer:
Sleeping Is Scary

Wait what?