Which Video Games Made You Cry?

Beocat

So, I'm not the type of person to be prone to crying during a sad scene in a movie, and most of the time, I am fairly resilient in video games too. However, there have been some games that really yanked my heart out.  Have you played any that did that to you? Use spoiler tags please, just in case someone hasn't played the game yet. Games as an interactive medium can really do us in sometimes with our emotions, fsr better than a movie.

Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure 

images.jpeg.416aa35bd99351da19205c5f2a05c6e4.jpeg

Now, it has been many years since I played this game, but I think I remember most of it. I definitely remember why it made me so sad. So, as the story goes, Cornet has a unique ability to control and speak to puppets. After meeting a prince, who I believe ends up being abducted, she sets off on an adventure to save him with her puppet friends. Cute, right? A bit romantic, right? Well, I remember toward the end of the game, Cornet's first puppet that she has had ever since her parents died/disappeared asks her, "if you save the prince, will you be happy?" Or something to that effect. I clearly recall saying yes and when the prince was rescued jer puppets left her. You see, her mom had turned herself into a puppet at her death because she was afraid losing her parents so early in life would make Cornet very sad. After her wish comes true, her mom realizes she isn't needed anymore and leaves Cornet an empty husk of a puppet to hold, right after revealing that she was her mother's spirit all along. I suddenly regreted my earlier response to her. I almostfelt like I had killed Cornet's mother all over again!

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

454442196_images(1).jpeg.8cdb961bf21a6c5a0d492cbc241138b4.jpeg

Now, this one I was warned about from the get-go. Zoey is narrating the scenes and the introduction, and she says it's her story, but there she is lieing unconscious in a hospital bed. How I forgot this detail by the end, I'll never know. Realizing she wasn'twaking up again at the end was devastating.  I feel as though of the three people you play as, you play as her the most, and you become horrified, disgusted, revolted, and more by what she sees, yet pulled in by her wonder and determination. Then the ending...and that she's still in that bed.  This one hit me worse than Rhapsody.  No matter what I did, she was always going to end up in that bed.  So very sad.

• Like 1

From the top of my head,

Brothers: A tale of two sons

SPOILERS BELOW

Big brother dying. The whole game you get used to the brothers working as one. Then now you only have 1 brother. Big bro's dying isn't what made me cry. It was controlling little bro alone. Especially when he tries to cross the stormy river by himself. And the voice of big bro telling him he's the big brother now.

A sidequest in Dragon Age Origins

SPOILERS BELOW

A man asks you to go into the forest to find his missing wife. Turns out she was bitten by a werewolf and is now one. She asks you to kill her and to tell her husband to move on without her. I mean, that's the definition of true love right there. Self sacrifice so your partner can be happy.

Edited by Ryan Dave Jimenez
fixed the formatting
  • Sad 1

Can't say it made me cry but probably pretty close to, was The Walking Dead Telltale Season 1 the ending and Season 2 that flashback to season 1.

And there were some season in the FInal Fantasy games (especially FF VI) that almost got me.

• Like 1

Not to many games have managed this unlike anime, or other shows.

Though a couple come to mind. Tales of Graces, P3/4/5, Tales of the Abyss, all thee main KH games.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Not to many games have managed this unlike anime, or other shows.

Though a couple come to mind. Tales of Graces, P3/4/5, Tales of the Abyss, all thee main KH games.

How did Tales of Graces make you that sad? 

7 hours ago, Beocat said:

How did Tales of Graces make you that sad? 

Well there is a fair amount of sadness in that story all be it not nearly as much as most Tales Of games since most of them are a fair bit darker. Though there is quite a bit of touching moments in particular near the end with Asbel, and Cheria.

I'm one of those people that tears up with romance even if it is purposely written obscurely. Of course it also has to be written just right to be a tear jerker. I didn't want to mention anything specific spoilers ya know.

That game's story is best viewed without spoilers it is good, but fairly predicable in a way at least thats how I felt the first time.

I can think of a few scenes that got me.

The ending of the first season of the Walking Dead for sure.

The beginning of The Last of Us where Joel's daughter is shot is one of the saddest scenes in the entire game in my opinion.

The scene in Life is Strange where Max has to choose whether or not to help her best friend(Chloe) kill herself.

Edited by OtterNmyWater
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

spacer.png

Suikoden 2 have few ending,3 ending, best,normal and bad, the cruelest moment is in the ending when hero have to kill Jowy, the best ending is epic thought, hero,Jowy and Hero sister, left everything behind,fame,money,kingdom position,et cetera so they could journey together and keep being friend forever,

I wish I have that kind of friend and relationship and experience

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I have only ever had one game that I have played that has made me cry. That game was Mass Effect 3. I know it received so much hate because of how it ended but I absolutely loved it even though I bawled my eyes out.

• Like 1