One piece theory: Luffy will not become a pirate king at the end

Big Boar

Hello people. I watch one piece and I want to share my theory. I think Luffy will not become pirate king at the end. The reason is, knowing anime Plotwist you can expect the most unexpected Plotwist. I... I finished the Last Danganronpa game and... OMG! This is the most mindfuck Plotwist in the Gaming history. Omg that game literally gave me nightmare about it thrice, it's that extreme man. Then there's this Stein's gate, Zero escape series, and Doki Doki literature club. So you can expect the most unexpected, in fact you can expect that the whole strawhats died except Luffy at the end of new world! Their separation looks like forshadowing that they died one by one. I may be wrong but we can expect a BIG mindfuck in anime.

19 hours ago, GavinShahin said:

Huh, this is interesting... To be honest, the possibility never occurred to me. Did the show/manga itself give you any specific reasons to think this?

Well... Nothing, it's just that Anime in General tends to give a very shocking unexpected twists.

Honestly, I have a feeling that after nearly 22 years of serialization, if Edo-sensei pulled something like that, it would cause a huge riot or something. I can't really see a good reception if the series had an ending like that. I don't really think the fans would be happy with an ending that didn't have Luffy obtaining the One Piece and becoming the King of Pirates. Not that I wouldn't mind a twist I'd be surprised by. I actually hate being able to predict the plot of something I'm watching/reading. It's really disappointing to know what's coming from a mile away; it bores me and I quit watching/reading. That's why I've always liked One Piece, it's so insane that I can't really predict much at all :).

So for it to end without the Mugiwara no Ichimi achieving their goals/dreams could be problematic, but not unwelcome for me.

Never thought about that as a possibility but interesting theory to think on... Animes do always have that very interesting way with their plot twists so I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibilities..