Thoughts On The Latest Episode of Fruits Basket?

EnviousEnvy

4 hours ago, Seshi said:

I’d love to try it again and actually wash the leeks and use the correct part of the stalk 🤣

That's hilarious! Did you use a recipe last time you made it? If not, I would highly recommend using one next time, lol. I've never made plain leek soup, but I have made potato leek soup many times, which is quite delicious. 

I found a couple of recipe options, if you'd like to look them over:

https://themom100.com/recipe/silky-leek-soup/

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/creamy-leek-soup-238442

• Funny 1

15 minutes ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

That's hilarious! Did you use a recipe last time you made it? If not, I would highly recommend using one next time, lol. I've never made plain leek soup, but I have made potato leek soup many times, which is quite delicious. 

I found a couple of recipe options, if you'd like to look them over:

https://themom100.com/recipe/silky-leek-soup/

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/creamy-leek-soup-238442

Yes absolutely I’ll use a recipe next time 🤣🤣🤣

I love potato leek soup too 🤤

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, KeilynLocke said:

Episode 3 is awesome. You must watch it now!

So true! There were so many great scenes, but my favorite was when Yuki and Tooru were protecting the base, and then when she was talking to Kyo about umeboshi on the back of onigiri, and how he has one on his back.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Episode 3 is probably one of my favorites because Tohru explains to Kio why he can't see how great he really is. The whole pickled plums on people's backs is awesome.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally caught up.

Episode 4 was pretty light as it focused on Kagura paying the Soma's a visit and her way of expressing "affection" for Kyo

poor guy, bad enough he gets his ass handed to him by Yulki on a regular basis, but his "fiancee" as well. Not to mention poor Shigure "Why are you people always breaking my house?!"

🤣

By contrast episode 5  started out pretty heavy

what with Tohru leaving the Soma household and her relatives being such assholes. Made me want to cheer when Gramps slapped her cousin and reminded them that senile or not it was still HIS house and Tohru didn't have to put up with it if she didn't want to. Things were a bit more comedic watching Kyo's nervous energy & frustration over Tohru leaving and bickering with Yuki over finding her. I did have a problem with the way Kyo physically dragged her away. I understand that's just his lack of tact, but it probably also reinforced her relatives suspicions. Fortunately Yuki showed some restraint in smacking her cousin, and it seems the greater embarrassment was realizing he mistook a guy for a "babe"

🤣. And of course Shigure has to tease them all a bit when they get back.

I was just recently wondering about the series title, so I guess I must've forgot when it was explained in the earlier series. Anyway, even though I do remember there's some sad moments ahead, I'm glad that they're back to being a happy "family" again for now.

Edited by Ohiotaku

I was so sad when Tohru found out her grandpa's house was done and she felt like she had to move back in. Her grandpa's family were jerks and I hate them! Tohru's cousin seems like a pervert with some weird fetish/fantasies. 

I hate to say this but I could actually see her cousin trying something with her in the future and then blaming it all on Tohru somehow. That's the vibes I get from her cousin... a sick and twisted little pig that needs to be knocked out by Kyo and Yuki. 

I'm so glad that they went back after her. Even though Kyo and Yuki are always stepping on each other's toes (or claws, lol) they will always have each other's backs especially when it comes to helping and saving Tohru. 

Cannot wait til tomorrow now! 

Dude, I almost forgot about the episode with Yuki dressed as a girl, lol. And I forgot how cute Momiji was. Honestly, even though he could get all of those in the Zodiac curse caught I love how carefree he is. Besides Shigure, he's one of my favorite characters.

Hatori’s backstory is so sad, and Akito seems like a selfish b****.  Even after getting a glimpse of how dysfunctional the Soma household is, Tohru retains her positive attitude and gives hope and comfort to those around her. Took some time to make the connection between Hatori’s cursed form and

the Dragon of the Chinese Zodiac

Didn’t comment on the previous week’s episode, but Tohru has a couple of true friends, concerned with her wellbeing but also trusting her judgement and supporting her decisions. Would’ve liked to see what they would’ve done to her cousin & aunt 

I nearly forgotten about Hatori and since I haven't actually read the manga of this series yet I wasn't sure if Hatori's past was gonna be in this one. So glad it was. Even though it was sad it still had some humourous moments.

The New Years celebration episode was heartwrenching as heck. I like how Kyo and Yuki treat Tohru's word as law. I felt like Tohru was feeling left out but didn't want to say anything because it would interfere with her friend's plans. However when Yuki and Kyo turned around and went back it nearly made me cry seeing them burst through Shigure's house to be with Tohru. 😭😭

At the start of the ep Kyo comments that Tohru seems to look at the world differently than most people, but as the episode progresses he & Yuki come to realize that at least part of it is just putting on a brave face so others don’t worry. And just like the episode where she returned to her grandfather’s house, the point is made that concepts like “family” and “home” aren’t just matters of bloodline. And I can certainly attest to the fact that holidays aren’t the same since both my parents passed. Have to believe there will be repercussions for Yuki snubbing Akito, but as Shigure notes, it’s her own fault for the hateful way she treats everyone.

On a completely different note, damm Hanajma is sexy, but Uo’s not bad either.

Episode 9 caught me by surprise. First because I expected it to be delayed because of the article I posted earlier, but also because a completely different tone than the episodes up to this point. The emphasis much more on comedy, going into almost slapstick territory, even more than with Kagura. Funniest moment for me had to be

Yuki shoving the leeks in Kyo’s mouth to shut him up

Haru makes a much better sparring partner for Kyo since there temperaments are more similar, at lest in “Dark Haru” mode. Of course the episode can’t be completely without angst

I’m pretty sure it was Akito that grabbed Yuki in the flashback scene and can’t help but wonder what the heck she did to him to traumatize him so. And it’s implied that his poor health also might be related

As much as I like the drama I don’t mind this sort of thing every now and again. And next week’s ep is apparently about Valentines day. Can’t wait.

Wait, wait, wait... the title of episode nine has me majorly confuzzled here. "Yuki Was My First Love" I thought Haru and Yuki's relationship was purely friendship or was I mistaken?? Think I'm gonna have to give this a rewatch, lol.

<raises hand> watched it last night.  The Valentines Day double “date” between Kyo/ Kagura and Yuki/Tohru was cute as expected. But must admit I’m a bit perplexed and uneasy about Shigure’s comments.

While I was expecting his usually lackadaisical behavior to be a cover for a more serious side, his comments about using people  (soecifically Tohru, Kyo & Yuki) to achieve his goal and not caring if they get hurt in the process caught me by surprise. It clearly has something to do with his relationship with Akito, but I remember very little about the original series so I don’t know if it was touched on or not. I know the series also has it’s darker side, but must admit I feel apprehensive at the moment

Edit: just to clarify

Even though Shigure tells Hatori he doesn’t care if others get hurt as a result of what he trying to do, I don’t think he’s the same as Akito, who seems to be motivated by selfishness and spite. Rather, I think Shigure considers his ultimate goal to be important enough that he’s willing to be resented for his actions if that’s that it takes to accomplish it.

Edited by Ohiotaku

17 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

<raises hand> watched it last night.  The Valentines Day double “date” between Kyo/ Kagura and Yuki/Tohru was cute as expected. But must admit I’m a bit perplexed and uneasy about Shigure’s comments.

Hide contents

While I was expecting his usually lackadaisical behavior to be a cover for a more serious side, his comments about using people  (soecifically Tohru, Kyo & Yuki) to achieve his goal and not caring if they get hurt in the process caught me by surprise. It clearly has something to do with his relationship with Akito, but I remember very little about the original series so I don’t know if it was touched on or not. I know the series also has it’s darker side, but must admit I feel apprehensive at the moment

Edit: just to clarify

Hide contents

Even though Shigure tells Hatori he doesn’t care if others get hurt as a result of what he trying to do, I don’t think he’s the same as Akito, who seems to be motivated by selfishness and spite. Rather, I think Shigure considers his ultimate goal to be important enough that he’s willing to be resented for his actions if that’s that it takes to accomplish it.

I have to admit I'm a little scared when it comes to Shigure's intentions now. I can't recall much of the original series either (should rewatch it/read the manga). 

I forgot how delicate and emotional Kyo is especially when he's around Tohru. I feel incredibly sad for him.