Thoughts On The Latest Episode of Fruits Basket?

EnviousEnvy

16 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

I may be gushing a bit, and certainly slightly bios though I love it ok. I have been waiting to long.

Hey nothing wrong with that. I loved the first episode. I didn't get to see it in theaters so I have to wait til FUNimation airs episode 2. Shigure is still my favorite (even though he is slightly more laid back than the old version. I'm hoping he breaks out of his shell soon). Kyo is still funny as ever of course, lol! I'm so hyped!!

3 minutes ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Hey nothing wrong with that. I loved the first episode. I didn't get to see it in theaters so I have to wait til FUNimation airs episode 2. Shigure is still my favorite (even though he is slightly more laid back than the old version. I'm hoping he breaks out of his shell soon). Kyo is still funny as ever of course, lol! I'm so hyped!!

Well remember this version is more based on the manga, and in the manga he was slightly more laid back then in the first anime. Honestly not that the first anime was a total fail, but compared to this it kinda is in my mind.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Agreed I definitely preferred the manga, so I’m hyped about this improvement. Kyo was the shit. Can’t wait to see how the rest of the characters are made 

Seconded on Kyo as well as Yuki. I can't wait for episodes 3, and 4 as there was quite a bit changed in those with the first anime. So looking quite forward to seeing the differences.

After watching the first episode of the new series I went back & watched the same episode of the original series (subtitled in both cases). I don't intend to do this going forward, but since I really didn't clearly remember the original series I was a bit curious how they compared. While it covered the same events, the newer one is more polished. While this is expected artistically, I also thought the story flowed better. And the new version has a male VA for Yuki which seemed to fit better to me anyway. However, the new version seems to be taking things more somberly. There's the foreshadowing in the opening scene, plus when Yuki's fan club confronts Tohru, they pretty much just brow beat her (in the original they did a sort of cheerleading routine first which was kinda funny And when Shigure welcomes Tohru as their housekeeper, the new version just has him speaking the words, but in the original he actually sings it :lol:

Overall it seems like the new version has much higher production values & will take things more seriously.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

After watching the first episode of the new series I went back & watched the same episode of the original series (subtitled in both cases). I don't intend to do this going forward, but since I really didn't clearly remember the original series I was a bit curious how they compared. While it covered the same events, the newer one is more polished. While this is expected artistically, I also thought the story flowed better. And the new version has a male VA for Yuki which seemed to fit better to me anyway. However, the new version seems to be taking things more somberly. There's the foreshadowing in the opening scene, plus when Yuki's fan club confronts Tohru, they pretty much just brow beat her (in the original they did a sort of cheerleading routine first which was kinda funny And when Shigure welcomes Tohru as their housekeeper, the new version just has him speaking the words, but in the original he actually sings it :lol:

Overall it seems like the new version has much higher production values & will take things more seriously.

The cheerleading part of the first series got annoying after awhile, lol. It actually got to the point I cringed whenever I heard it. 

Edited by EnviousEnvy
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

I just watched the first episode of the new series! I started having vietnam style flashbacks to middle school XD So far it's pretty good for the type of anime that it is. I can't wait to hear the opening theme in the next episode. The OP for the original series is iconic.

• Like 1

Crunchyroll shows simulcast Friday’s, but it said tomorrow will be the premier episode.. so I’m not sure that’s going to give you what you’re looking for.

Last time it aired on Tuesday for premium members right? So I think you should have your new episode out then. That’s the day I had in my mind at least.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Yep most sites will be having it ready to go by tomorrow Friday the 12th. I am so excited even though I know for the most part whats going to happen.

I can't wait!! I need my dose of Shigure asap. 😢😢 lol.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 1:46 AM, EnviousEnvy said:

Does anyone know when the next episode airs? Kind of impatient here, lol. 😩

CrunchyRoll has the subtitled version listed as airing on Friday afternoons    https://www.crunchyroll.com/fruits-basket

I usually don’t see it available until a couple hours afterwards despite living in the eastern time zone.  Not sure about other sites or the dub.

Edited by Ohiotaku

Watched episode 2 a little bit ago.

Spoiler

I really enjoyed it not to much was different from the first anime at this point though I know thats certainly going to change as the series continues. I personally like the more modern renders for the 3 main fan club girls more so then in the original anime. Hana-chan seems to be a bit more wicked like she was in the manga as well. Honestly I am really liking wjere they are going with this. I know this will be a long running series since they are covering the entity of the manga.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 2:54 PM, Ohiotaku said:

CrunchyRoll has the subtitled version listed as airing on Friday afternoons    https://www.crunchyroll.com/fruits-basket

I usually don’t see it available until a couple hours afterwards despite living in the eastern time zone.  Not sure about other sites or the dub.

I have a FUNimation Premium account. But I think they air it on Fridays as well.

Been late watching episode 2 but I watched it tonight. I forgot just how lonely and miserable Kio really was. Honestly it makes me super depressed because no matter how hard he tries he's still treated as an outcast. I'm glad though that Tohru wants to be his friend no matter the circumstance. She always wants the help him.

Shigure is still my favorite though, lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Been late watching episode 2 but I watched it tonight. I forgot just how lonely and miserable Kio really was. Honestly it makes me super depressed because no matter how hard he tries he's still treated as an outcast. I'm glad though that Tohru wants to be his friend no matter the circumstance. She always wants the help him.

Agree with all of this. It almost made me tear up the way it came across how unused to being treated kindly Kio is, which is no mean feat considering we've barely scratched the surface of his circumstances. Of course Tohru is the kindest person her could hope to meet, so understandable that he has difficulty figuring out how to respond to her, but also very cute 🤗

• Like 1

I really had forgotten how much I adored the original series when I started watching the first episode earlier this week. I feel really torn about the difference in Yuki's seiyu, as I felt that the feminine voice matched the androgynous appearance. But I also find myself pleasantly surprised at the depth and range achieved by the new seiyu has portrayed so far. I felt more from the lines than I did in the original, and there was some much more to them than I got from re-watching the episodes of the old one. It's honestly baffling how torn I am over that. Overall, the remake is wonderful, and I know I'm in for the long haul. The animation studio is doing an amazing job and the art is super polished and as a fellow artist, I'm really enjoying the improved style.

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

On 4/14/2019 at 8:13 AM, Seshi said:

Y’all remember the episode where Yuki makes leek soup?? You don’t even want to know how I failed trying to make leek soup 🤣

I remember that episode, lol. Kio freaking hates leeks. 

Maybe try another recipe or try it again? 😁

• Like 1

I'm loving the reboot! I didn't watch the original series until last year, but since then I've watched it over and over whenever I need something sweet and cheerful to watch. I'm also currently reading the manga, and I'm loving how the new reboot is portraying the series. I feel like it is an improvement upon the first, which will become more apparent, I believe, as the series goes on. For instance, stuff happens in the manga during the Valentine's Day episode, but the original anime never showed it. Plus, if you've seen the original anime, you will know there is a lot of backstory that they never got to reveal. I can't wait to find out what all is going on!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

I remember that episode, lol. Kio freaking hates leeks. 

Maybe try another recipe or try it again? 😁

I’d love to try it again and actually wash the leeks and use the correct part of the stalk 🤣

7 hours ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

Plus, if you've seen the original anime, you will know there is a lot of backstory that they never got to reveal. I can't wait to find out what all is going on!

Yea I think they’ve already revealed more about Akito than they did in the whole original series 🤣

• Funny 1