EnviousEnvy

Thoughts On The Latest Episode of Fruits Basket?

4 hours ago, Seshi said:

I’d love to try it again and actually wash the leeks and use the correct part of the stalk 🤣

That's hilarious! Did you use a recipe last time you made it? If not, I would highly recommend using one next time, lol. I've never made plain leek soup, but I have made potato leek soup many times, which is quite delicious. 

I found a couple of recipe options, if you'd like to look them over:

https://themom100.com/recipe/silky-leek-soup/

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/creamy-leek-soup-238442

• Funny 1

15 minutes ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

That's hilarious! Did you use a recipe last time you made it? If not, I would highly recommend using one next time, lol. I've never made plain leek soup, but I have made potato leek soup many times, which is quite delicious. 

I found a couple of recipe options, if you'd like to look them over:

https://themom100.com/recipe/silky-leek-soup/

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/creamy-leek-soup-238442

Yes absolutely I’ll use a recipe next time 🤣🤣🤣

I love potato leek soup too 🤤

• Funny 1

It's Wednesday, so only two days left until the new Fruits Basket episode!

giphy (3).gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KeilynLocke said:

Episode 3 is awesome. You must watch it now!

So true! There were so many great scenes, but my favorite was when Yuki and Tooru were protecting the base, and then when she was talking to Kyo about umeboshi on the back of onigiri, and how he has one on his back.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

@Vivi Hyuuga Right! I love Tohrus uplifting speeches. The one under the bridge was good too.

Episode 3 is probably one of my favorites because Tohru explains to Kio why he can't see how great he really is. The whole pickled plums on people's backs is awesome.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Finally caught up.

Episode 4 was pretty light as it focused on Kagura paying the Soma's a visit and her way of expressing "affection" for Kyo

poor guy, bad enough he gets his ass handed to him by Yulki on a regular basis, but his "fiancee" as well. Not to mention poor Shigure "Why are you people always breaking my house?!"

🤣

By contrast episode 5  started out pretty heavy

what with Tohru leaving the Soma household and her relatives being such assholes. Made me want to cheer when Gramps slapped her cousin and reminded them that senile or not it was still HIS house and Tohru didn't have to put up with it if she didn't want to. Things were a bit more comedic watching Kyo's nervous energy & frustration over Tohru leaving and bickering with Yuki over finding her. I did have a problem with the way Kyo physically dragged her away. I understand that's just his lack of tact, but it probably also reinforced her relatives suspicions. Fortunately Yuki showed some restraint in smacking her cousin, and it seems the greater embarrassment was realizing he mistook a guy for a "babe"

🤣. And of course Shigure has to tease them all a bit when they get back.

I was just recently wondering about the series title, so I guess I must've forgot when it was explained in the earlier series. Anyway, even though I do remember there's some sad moments ahead, I'm glad that they're back to being a happy "family" again for now.

Edited by Ohiotaku

I was so sad when Tohru found out her grandpa's house was done and she felt like she had to move back in. Her grandpa's family were jerks and I hate them! Tohru's cousin seems like a pervert with some weird fetish/fantasies. 

I hate to say this but I could actually see her cousin trying something with her in the future and then blaming it all on Tohru somehow. That's the vibes I get from her cousin... a sick and twisted little pig that needs to be knocked out by Kyo and Yuki. 

I'm so glad that they went back after her. Even though Kyo and Yuki are always stepping on each other's toes (or claws, lol) they will always have each other's backs especially when it comes to helping and saving Tohru. 

Cannot wait til tomorrow now! 

Posted (edited)

My faith in this anime's makeover has skyrocketed as of this week's episode. Why? I'm not a huge fan of fillers, and I explicitly remember the 2001 anime turning this entire episode into an entertaining but rather pointless one. Bravo, Furuba 2019 team. You're making this long-time fan proud. 

And now, for one (super minor) complaint, and one praise.

LATE MANGA SPOILERS BELOW

On Momiji:

As far as his VA goes, I am intrigued to find out if his female VA will alter her voice a bit later on for when he inevitably pulls the ol' Matthew Lewis on us. Maybe this isn't even a legitimate complaint, since at this point in time the VA does suit the character.

On Akito:

I'm so relieved they didn't do the opposite with Akito. That the original anime just decided "Screw it, we're not going to run long enough to reveal Akito's little secret. Just make him a man." I love her voice. I can't wait to see more Akito.

Edited by Wedgy
  • Like 1

Dude, I almost forgot about the episode with Yuki dressed as a girl, lol. And I forgot how cute Momiji was. Honestly, even though he could get all of those in the Zodiac curse caught I love how carefree he is. Besides Shigure, he's one of my favorite characters.