Sake

Seshi

Hot/ cold - what’s your preference and flavor of choice?

I prefer to heat my sake (plum preferably) it brings out the aroma and becomes a true delicacy. I’d describe it like a purfume even, but subtle and sweet, not overpowering. The true sake though is a little strong for my taste.

—-

If you’ve never tried hot sake and want to make it at home, it’s quite simple. You just need a boiling water bath for the decanter, and adjusting the temperature you heat it at and the time allowed to heat will bring out different flavors of the sake. It truly is an art, much like tea making.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Never had sake before, but I would like to try it. I can't experience the foods of other cultures all too well due to a sensitive stomach and lots of spices making me so sick I pass out, however alcohol I can do~

• Funny 1

When I was younger I did always wanted to try Sake since I'm half Japanese however now that I'm older I don't want to since I'm not into that scene of drinking, nor ever will. A funny thing that happened once to me is my Grandma who is full Japanese offered me some when I was fifteen years old. I declined and said no thank you to her but since she was older like 80 something at the time I guess she didn't relaise I couldn't at fifteenth. God bless her~ 

• Funny 1

@HanaApril 🤣🤣🤣 God bless her. I’m not into drinking either, but I enjoy the taste of all fine beverages. I’ll have 1 drink.

Most sushi places have hot sake. I recommend trying a flavored one. But if you can tolerate strong drink, maybe the straight sake is for you.

Idk, I have some Sake still in a glass; it is delicious but I just drink it cold, didn't even think of heating it or anything, maybe I will try that. :D Sake is my second favorite alcohol after good red wine. 

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

• 1 year later...

When I have tried sake before, I always preferred chilled sparkling sake over hot sake for the most part. There is this one Japanese restaurant a few cities away from me that serves hot sake that seriously will transport your taste buds to another realm all together. LOVE that place. There is also a great sushi bar not too far from me that serves this outstanding drink mixed with sparkling sake & plum wine. So delicious...

• 1 year later...