Marvel vs DC: Which one would you like?

Rosella

Marvel or DC,This answer is based on my personal preference and nothing more,I prefer Marvel.At home we have bought a few marvel best action figures for kids.it is our interesting.

To see which is better we will have to compare them in various fields such as:Video Games,characters.films TV series .comics etc.

The characters like DC comics are too over powered and serious and GOD-LIKE ,DC always feels very intangible on a level of physicality and combat. Characters wane and wax in strength and resilience.

Marvel has evolved into a kind of gritty, real story that has strong thematic depth and believable characters.They tend to have one or two things that stand out about them and the rest is just human nature of insecurity and doubt and imperfection.Marvel characters seem to be at least 60% human at the core.

• Like 1

Moved this to chit chat since it did not seem to be related directly with the licensed games.

As far as my preference goes I love them both equally for different reasons. I do think Marvel has better over all characters, and content for both the movies as well as the many tv series then DC. However the older DC cartoons tended to be a bit better aka Batman the animated series/Batman beyond among others. In terms of the comics themselves they are equal in my book pun definitely intended. :) 

Marvel overall is better and I like it more but I also really love DC. Marvel has better comics overall imo and live-action films but DC has better video-games and animated cartoons. 

• Agree 1

DC all the way. The Marvel comics are okay to read, but it feels like they needed to do more. DC isn't afraid to get real and gory, they give you the stuff you expect to see in everyday life. For instance, a person is in a middle of a fight is going to bleed heavily, curse to high heavens, and maybe even do some dirty as trick. I'd expect to see that in the DC franchise, not to much Marvel.

Now when it comes to the live-action movies, Marvel takes it every time there is no contest to that what's so ever. They win. Now, when it comes o the DC animation movies they take the win there. So, I guess its more 50/50 if anything. 

I prefer Marvel overall, I love the Iron man movies. I’ve seen some decent DC shows, but most of them take the darkness too far and I’m not a huge fan of that gruesome thing (just watched Gotham series, it was okay) but most others aren’t as enjoyable to me.

I love Batman begins, but other than that could care less about the DC world. Wonder Woman is fantastic as well though. 

• Like 1

I definitely like Marvel best, and I'm a huge fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe too and I love all of the movies. I'm also very excited for Endgame ^_^ ik it's all a matter of opinion though so I understand why some like DC best. I've heard Wonder Woman is pretty awesome but unfortunately I haven't seen it yet, hope to see it someday tho

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Marvel movies better than the DC movies, but I do still like characters like Batman/Superman a lot and enjoy TV shows related to them such as Gotham or the many, many Superman television shows. 

I saw Endgame yesterday. Lot’s of nostalgia and feels, with most of the action reserved for the last 1/3 of the movie. No credit scenes though, which was kind of a bummer. Overall a suitable climax to the MCU up to this point, but if I’m honest, I enjoyed Infinity War more.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
15 hours ago, Otaku Gamer said:

I like them both. Granted, I've only seen the movies, but I love the DC and Marvel movies. Just my personal opinion.

Back in the early 60's one of my local newsagents stocked a few DC and Marvel comics and my friends and I really enjoyed reading them. I preferred the DC ones because they had Batman, Superman and the Legion of Super Heroes and I amassed quite a stash of them.  Sadly my mother disapproved of them and regarded them as "American trash", and when my mother disapproved of something she disapproved of it big time and I was eventually persuaded/forced to get rid of them all. ☹️

She didn't like anime either, but there was nothing she could do about my anime collection. 🙂

My father on the other hand would sometimes read my DC comics and was quite happy to watch the occasional anime film.

7 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Back in the early 60's one of my local newsagents stocked a few DC and Marvel comics and my friends and I really enjoyed reading them. I preferred the DC ones because they had Batman, Superman and the Legion of Super Heroes and I amassed quite a stash of them.  Sadly my mother disapproved of them and regarded them as "American trash", and when my mother disapproved of something she disapproved of it big time and I was eventually persuaded/forced to get rid of them all. ☹️

She didn't like anime either, but there was nothing she could do about my anime collection. 🙂

My father on the other hand would sometimes read my DC comics and was quite happy to watch the occasional anime film.

Your dad sounds like an awesome dude, man. I'd be afraid to meet your mom though, respectfully. She sounds like a scary lady. :( It's a shame about your comic book collection. I never knew where to get any so I didn't have a collection or the chance to amass one, but I always was interested in them. One of my friends as a kid let me read one called Law Dog, it was badass!! Got me hooked, but I still didn't know where to buy any. :'(

4 hours ago, Otaku Gamer said:

Your dad sounds like an awesome dude, man. I'd be afraid to meet your mom though, respectfully. She sounds like a scary lady. :( It's a shame about your comic book collection. I never knew where to get any so I didn't have a collection or the chance to amass one, but I always was interested in them. One of my friends as a kid let me read one called Law Dog, it was badass!! Got me hooked, but I still didn't know where to buy any. :'(

My mother wasn't really as scary as I made it look, she was a very kind, loving and caring person, but just very determined, my father was indeed an awesome dude. Both have now sadly passed away, still loved and still missed.

11 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

My mother wasn't really as scary as I made it look, she was a very kind, loving and caring person, but just very determined, my father was indeed an awesome dude. Both have now sadly passed away, still loved and still missed.

I'm sorry for your loss. There's too much loss in the world... makes me wish I could do something about it, but I'm more or less special needs so I can't really do anything. Sorry I said that about your mom, mine is the very same. I'm so afraid of disappointing her, I need to stay on my toes regarding my choices to ensure that she'll be proud of me. Well, her and my now deceased big sister. She may be gone, but she'll always be my big sis', even though I was taller than her near the end, she was still 7 years my senior. I loved her so much... sometimes I still have thoughts in the form of sentences that I try to talk to her with, sometimes dreaming up a response that would suit her personality. It's extremely comforting, but also makes me realize how complicated the mind can be, even with all my mental issues.

My mom is definitely the same as yours was in those ways. One of the nicest, most fun people you'll probably ever meet, but oooooomg do not disappoint her or she'll show it. That would be so heart-breaking if she said that to me.

• Friendly 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 3:10 PM, Clayton said:

I'd like them both more if they stopped doing sequels, crossovers, remakes, and prequels. 

I like them both for that reason tbh. It's interesting to me when they make so many movies. The only time I don't like it is when they're Disney+ exclusives, which we don't have and don't have the means to get.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...