What are your quirks?

Seshi

Is there something your significant other or your friends have told you that describe your subtle weirdness?

What things did you find out about yourself that are just a little quirky?

————————————————————-

I’ve been told I have no filter 😳

Also, in video games I run from the sound of shark music and refuse to go into the water 😅 There was a certain part of Jack & Dexter back in the day that I just had to give up.

Edited by Seshi
  • Funny 1

I think I get a bit too child-like and excited over things, and can get kind of hyper with not much of a filter either lol.

I just get excited and like to live life I guess but only when I'm around friends or people I know. If I am in a social setting with people I don't know I am shy, quiet, I don't talk, so it's the exact opposite. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

7 hours ago, Seshi said:

Also, in video games I run from the sound of shark music and refuse to go into the water 😅 There was a certain part of Jack & Dexter back in the day that I just had to give up.

I guess you've never played Subnautica then, or explored a water world in No Man's Sky?  :)  

Hmmm.. I don't have any subtle quirks.  Quirks yes, but not subtle ones.  :D   Actually, I'm pretty good at pretending I'm normal.  Just don't get me started on certain topics unless you have a LOT of time on your hands.. space exploration and nuclear power at least.  Maybe one or two others.  I also enjoy talking about science in general, but I don't do it often because most people think Star Trek is "science".  That or I wind up triggering a flat-earth or climate-denier nut.

Edited by efaardvark
  • Funny 1

Hmmmm... Maybe that I crack jokes pretty much anytime, anywhere. I do try to restrain myself at things like funerals to a degree at least but outside of that regardless of my mood I am always joking around. 

• Like 2

I'm quiet when I'm around people I don't know but talkative as heck with people I know. 

Also when I'm really focused on something I get super snippy when someone suddenly interrupts me. I don't mean to but it's like I'm snapped out of my zone back into the real world and I just get crabby out of nowhere until I realize I honestly had no reason to be, lol.

am I the only one who immediately thought of one-for-all ?😂

There are too many things that some people could find quirky about me (depends on the people though). I could behave mainstream if I wanted to, but I really don't want to. The most obvious ones would be that I'm quite straightforward and that I don't really use "please, thank you, sorry, you're welcome etc" unless it is something important or I have to, which is kind of a cultural thing and not meant to be impolite.

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Winner 1

I am very fashion oriented, which my brothers find weird because "men aren't like that", lol. I like to wear suits and ties or whatever other clothing I feel great in no matter where I go. I like almost all types of fashion as well, Gothic is one of my fave types. 

I am almost always happy, idk if that really counts as a quirk but I almost never get in a bad mood because how can you when you are living life amiright? 

Oh, and I like to listen to Metal for relaxation; my bro listens to Sabaton and Power wolf a lot, but he just head-bangs and stuff. He doesn't really get the beauty of metal and the relaxing element in it. 

I used to make jokes sometimes when maybe I shouldn't be joking at that time. I also sometimes make weird sound effect noises or  say random odd like words when I'm home alone however my family has heard me say them at times. 

5 hours ago, SAO LILDOOP said:

Oh, and I like to listen to Metal

Same here, on occasion.  I'm kind of meh on Metallica, but I've got a couple of Blind Guardian albums, and a couple songs on my favorites playlist from bands like Turisas.

2 hours ago, Seshi said:

Turisas, ... like English Rammstein

Finnish "folk metal" actually.  But yeah, sometimes the sound is similar.  Even with Olli on violin.  :rofl:

One of my favorites...
Stand Up and Fight

Edited by efaardvark

On 4/15/2019 at 7:11 AM, Seshi said:

Is there something your significant other or your friends have told you that describe your subtle weirdness?

What things did you find out about yourself that are just a little quirky?

————————————————————-

I’ve been told I have no filter 😳

...wierd

thats pretty much it, and  they also say im masochistic but man, i dont feel pain, and its for experimental reasons, so i gotta man up >.>

though once aspect i have is, loyalty, if person im talking to is cool, then ill be loyal to him/her and help out as much as i can

...which is so say, hit me up girls ^_^, jk xD

On 4/15/2019 at 7:11 AM, Seshi said:

...tenchu sea-side area, just dare to go in the water and far from the boats

your gonna be crying allot, couse i sure did >->...

• Funny 1

I have an abundance of energetic energy in creativity - I've just not yet found a true way to unlock it, sort of like a writer's block I think...

I know it's there as admittedly sometimes I can get a bit hyper around people and online so my filter is cracking :D 👍

Life is too short, and I want to make sure I have no regrets in the future, which is why I've got a few things planned to make memories I'm going to treasure :D 👍

When I meet new people IRL, I tend to be quiet, shy and basically blend into the background, which probably isn't good as first impressions count

Although what I'm about to say isn't a quirk... IRL I have zero friends, no one to hangout with or talk to which is why the internet (and now this forum) is my escape

Edited by Banri

Just keep trying to meet new people @Banri, everyone has their own preference for who they are comfortable with. You’ll eventually come across people that feel like you can open up & just be yourself. When I’m around people I can call my friends, we can just hang out & not have any expectations. We both have similar personalities and interests. I’m lucky to have a good friend like that, and a few other good friends who aren’t the same as me, pretty much polar opposites 🤣 but we work at being friends because like any relationship it takes effort and time. In this case, we have similar values and that’s why it works.

You just have to find your people.

Edited by Seshi
  • Friendly 1

• 2 weeks later...