Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer)

Seshi

After ending on an emotional highpoint last week, this week was a wake up call to cold reality. Though as Seshi said it’s better this way because they’re taking the story too seriously to allow Tanjiro to beat a major baddie at this early stage of his training.

They also continue the pattern of offering some insight into the demons’ motivations which keeps them from being just generic villains. Though this was the first time I didn’t feel the slightest sympathy. Rui’s motives just seemed selfish and he was way too sadistic towards the female members of his “family”. I couldn’t really feel compassion for his “sister” either after seeing her betrayal. The argument being she was just doing what she felt was necessary to survive, but still couldn’t feel sorry for her. 

Seshi’s new favorite is more than a little scary 😅 When she opened the cocoon I half expected it to be “Oops, guess I took too long ... oh well, la la la”🤣 Though as a high ranking demon slayer she probably knew she had time and figured he would be safer in there where the demon couldn’t use him as a hostage

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Funny 1

😂 Ohiotalu you're killin me. I didn't think she was creepy... the torture thing was a tad odd but I really do feel like she's a sweet character who would be more along the lines of Tanjiros motives towards demons... in the redemption sense and tolerance of them if they aren't killing humans to live.

That whole scene, "sweet little girl, how many humans have you killed" was a bit disturbing, but I felt like she was herself disturbed over the lives taken, so I can understand her anger. 

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Don't click this spoiler unless you are up with the latest episode of Demon Slayer.

Spoiler

I have been itching to see Giyu in action and Tanjiro's face was just priceless when he witnessed the 11th form. Well, this will be explained in detail in the following episodes. You can actually see Kanao in the Opening alongside Giyu so I figured she would make an appearance early on (with early on i'm referring to this season). As well as the other Pillars (hashira) which are shown in dark silhouette. I agree that this whole "pretending to be family" is just wrong but he seemed to be just a kid anyway. He may be one of the 12 Demon Moons but he was just a Lower 5 and the one Tanjiro fought before was the former lower demon moon 6. Maybe you remember the one with the drums on his body. I guess the difference in just one number can be significant to their strength.

Edited by Muco
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Muco said:

Don't click this spoiler unless you are up with the latest episode of Demon Slayer.

Hide contents

I have been itching to see Giyu in action and Tanjiro's face was just priceless when he witnessed the 11th form. Well, this will be explained in detail in the following episodes. You can actually see Kanao in the Opening alongside Giyu so I figured she would make an appearance early on (with early on i'm referring to this season). As well as the other Pillars (hashira) which are shown in dark silhouette. I agree that this whole "pretending to be family" is just wrong but he seemed to be just a kid anyway. He may be one of the 12 Demon Moons but he was just a Lower 5 and the one Tanjiro fought before was the former lower demon moon 6. Maybe you remember the one with the drums on his body. I guess the difference in just one number can be significant to their strength.

Right.. Why was he a "former" anyway? Was it something like he wasn't living up the the expectation in strength?

• Like 1

Spoiler

This was already shown in the anime but yeah he couldn't eat any humans anymore (due to limit) so Muzan stripped him off his number.

You can find this at Episode 12 around 12-13 mins.

Edited by Muco
  • Like 1

Episode 21 - still some unfinished business to take care of before moving on to the next arc. We finally get Rui’s backstory

I’m glad they didn’t entirely absolve him of his actions, though he still gets his moment of redemption &  you wind up hating the main villain even more for ruining so many lives.  It also allows Tanjiro to continue showing his compassionate side. Unfortunately that doesn’t appear to be a common trait among some demon hunters. And now Tanjiro has to convince the leaders that Nezuko doesn’t pose a threat. Don’t think it’s going to be easy

That was adorable @Ohiotaku :D

Cant wait for this weeks episode where Nezuko and Tanjiro will face the masters. I almost picked up the manga because I'm too excited to see what happens. But then, excitement and looking forward to an episode is fun too. 

After watching episode 22, I owe @Seshi an apology. Shinobu Kocho is actually one of the more stable & reasonable Hashiras  🤣

In a lot of ways the episode reminded me of AOT when they first found out Eren could turn into a titan.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Funny 1

36 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

After watching episode 22, I owe @Seshi an apology. Shinobu Kocho is actually one of the more stable & reasonable Hashiras  🤣

In a lot of ways the episode reminded me of AOT when they first found out Eren could turn into a titan.

O_O it’s saturday isn’t it... must go now 

*Gives Ohiotaku a cookie* 🍪 

I had no idea what you meant to prepare for this episode, since I havent seen AoT.

Those Damn Hashiras! That pissed me off treating Tanjiro and Nezuko like that when they are both near death from the fight they just went through

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

*Gives Ohiotaku a cookie* 🍪 

Thank you spacer.png

I honestly wasn’t expecting the Hashira’s opinions to be that one sided. Kocho is at least willing to hear what they have to say and doesn’t want them to suffer. But Wind Pillar is worse than Bakugo. I’m sure Nezuko won’t attack him but she has every right to be pissed & Tanjiro needs to headbutt him again

As far as the AOT, thing there were some scenes where had to take sone abuse to prove he wasn’t a threat.

• Aww 1

On 8/28/2019 at 8:54 PM, Wedgy said:

I'm super behind on this anime but I started watching it again and am reminded of how cute Nezuko is. I love her. 

Avert your eyes if you’ve caught up with this weeks episode 😭

On 8/31/2019 at 2:59 PM, Ohiotaku said:

Tanjiro needs to headbutt him again

Apparently Tanjiro felt the same 😂 Unfortunately it seems like if you’re strong enough you can get away with being a jerk.

After gaining the benefit of the doubt, Tanjiro & Nezuko are reunited with their friends and allowed to begin recovering.  I feel sorry for what they’re in store for based on next week’s title though. Hate to think what Kocho’s idea of physical therapy will be 🤣

Well, I quite liked the episode. Seems like they wish for Tanjiro to become a Hashira in the future.

Besides, i wish to see Inosuke's face/head to see how it turned out after being almost smashed. Also, I hope Zenitsu won't stay "small" 'cuz of the poison... err. I want Zenitsu to assume is "sleepy" form more often, he is loud aff. xD

• Like 1

Did y'all know that Demon Slayer is going to air on Toonami??? So cool! It deserves to be out there for everyone to see. I hope they do a really good job on the dub, so I can not hate it. I want to buy it asap. Still no air date, but its supposed to be on the Fall Toonami Block. 

7 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Apparently Tanjiro felt the same 😂 Unfortunately it seems like if you’re strong enough you can get away with being a jerk.

After gaining the benefit of the doubt, Tanjiro & Nezuko are reunited with their friends and allowed to begin recovering.  I feel sorry for what they’re in store for based on next week’s title though. Hate to think what Kocho’s idea of physical therapy will be 🤣

Here you go again, having outs about my best girl ;)

4 hours ago, Saigofu said:

Well, I quite liked the episode. Seems like they wish for Tanjiro to become a Hashira in the future.

The leader is cryptic, he has that all knowing sensei type of feeling, especially keeping the knowledge of Tanjiros actions to himself in such a way, I'm sure he knows all that he has been through up til now. I think putting him up to finding Kibutsuji was most likely his idea to get a Demon Slayer close to him without his knowledge.

• Funny 1

Spoiler

If my memory serves me right, they will be in the butterfly estate for awhile until Tanjiro and his comrades recover while getting to know the Tsuguko of Shinobu aka Master Tsuyuri. (her first name will be revealed later on during the butterfly arc) We will be also seeing another candidate of the Final Selection soon, most likely he will have some screen time in the next and last episode of the first season. It really surprises me to see the Master mentioning Tamayo and I conclude after reading the manga that this is an anime only thing, hence why it's a big deal. It has become quite evident that Tanjiro is pretty weak in his current state and the "recovering" will be a bit different from what you would normally expect

DON'T READ FURTHER AS THIS WILL BE REVEALED IN THE ANIME LATER BUT IF YOU ARE CONFUSED ABOUT THE DEMON MOON HIERARCHY AND DON'T MIND GETTING SPOILED THEN FEEL FREE TO READ FURTHER.

Spoiler

I don't know if some of you understood the numbers of the Demon Moons but there are 6 Lower and 6 Upper Demon Moons and since we had a peak at all the Pillars, it goes without saying that Upper Demons will start to appear more frequently in the next season. Obviously the strongest out of the Demon Moons is Upper Demon 1 then Upper Demon 2 and so on and the weakest is Lower Demon 6. We only got to see former Lower Demon 6 and Lower Demon 5 who Tanjiro (even with the help of Nezuko) couldn't beat until Giyu arrived and gave him the finishing blow.

It may seem somewhat unreasonable to talk in high regards of him after the last couple episodes but the Fire Pillar aka Kyojuro is my second favorite Pillar after Giyu.

firepillar.thumb.jpg.769a8b87fdabcf80f387e973bbbda024.jpg

Edited by Muco
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

The first 2/3 of this week’s episode was largely comedic with Zenitsu being his usual spastic self & Inosuke regaining much of his former belligerence.  Meanwhile Tanjiro is awestruck at how much more advanced Kocho’s apprentice is by comparison. The final third focuses on Kocho opening up to Tanjiro about what motivates her

her older sister felt sympathy & compassion towards demons the same as Tanjiro. But when she was killed by a demon, Kocho was filled with hatred and rage.  Although she conceals it to honor her sister’s feelings, she cannot bring herself to feel the same. She asks Tanjiro to make her sister’s dream of coexistence with demons a reality

Can only imagine this makes @Seshi happy 😁

Still 2 more episodes to go.

Edited by Ohiotaku

1 hour ago, Ohiotaku said:

The first 2/3 of this week’s episode was largely comedic with Zenitsu being his usual spastic self & Inosuke regaining much of his former belligerence.  Meanwhile Tanjiro is awestruck at how much more advanced Kocho’s apprentice is by comparison. The final third focuses on Kocho opening up to Tanjiro about what motivates her

Reveal hidden contents

her older sister felt sympathy & compassion towards demons the same as Tanjiro. But when she was killed by a demon, Kocho was filled with hatred and rage.  Although she conceals it to honor her sister’s feelings, she cannot bring herself to feel the same. She asks Tanjiro to make her sister’s dream of coexistence with demons a reality

Can only imagine this makes @Seshi happy 😁

Still 2 more episodes to go.

Oh no!! I missed it again! It’s Saturday and no one tells me these things 🤣