Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer)

Seshi

It was fun seeing what kocho was like when she was younger.  Clearly she admired her sister very much, as her current personality incorporates many of her traits. She’s definitely a sly one, the way she motivates Inosuke & Zenitsu to train. 

We also gain some insight into why her apprentice seems so withdrawn

I’m already shipping her and Tanjiro since they made a point of Kocho’s sister commenting on meeting a boy she likes some day after they rescue her

There were also a lot of laughs. Funniest moment for me was when Inosuke

”customized” his swords (knew he was going to the minute he laid eyes on them)

In many ways it felt like this week’s episode would have been a perfect stopping point for the season, but there’s one more. Wonder if it will end on a cliffhanger.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

23 hours ago, Wedgy said:

I've finally watched this week's episode. Kocho gave me some feels, but I find her character a bit hard to read. She comes across as a tough love sort of mentor to Tanjiro. I got the first impression when she was introduced that she would be an adversary, but now it's unclear. She both empathises with him and yet seems perfectly willing to shut down his plans at any given moment. 

You caught up and are still behind 🤣

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-04-10/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-anime-film-opens-on-october-16/.158465

Of course it will probably take at least 2 months to come to the US. Hopefully Covid 19 doesn’t derail things too much.

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 10 months later...

Season 2 coming sometime in 2021 (big surprise :P )

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-02-14/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-manga-gets-new-tv-anime-this-year/.169497

Still (not so) patiently waiting for when the movie will be available outside Japan 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

For anyone who didn’t see it in theatre, the Mugen Train movie will be available through Funi on 06/22

As it is a direct sequel to season 1 & a prequel to the upcoming season 2, anyone wanting to follow the series should watch.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Digimon_Sommelier said:

O! M! G! I saw the film Demon Slayer: Mugen Train in theaters a couple weeks back and it was so awesome!

It was definitely a spectacle where seeing it on the big screen added to the experience.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Cute (Kawaii) 1

• 1 month later...

I'm almost done with the first season and will follow it with the movie. The visuals are gorgeous, especially the attack forms.

Zenitsu is my favorite character so far and I'm interested to see more about Genya and the Hashira.

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-09-25/demon-slayer-anime-unveils-new-cast-songs-by-lisa-and-aimer-entertainment-district-arc-december-5-debut-7-episode-mugen-train-tv-version/.177823

So, apparently a tv adaption of the Mugen Train storyline that includes some footage that wasn’t in the movie will begin airing on 10/10. Then the new arc (Entertainment District) will begin airing on 12/05. 

• 3 weeks later...

Saw the MUGEN TRAIN film at the movie theater the day it dropped. 100% is the grade. Heard there's an anime entering Season 2. Good luck, Demon Slayer.

Edited by Digimon_Sommelier

1 hour ago, Digimon_Sommelier said:

Saw the MUGEN TRAIN film at the movie theater the day it dropped. 100% is the grade. Heard there's an anime entering Season 2. Good luck, Demon Slayer.

Technically season 2 debuted last weekend with a prologue to the Mugen Train movie. The spotlight was on the Flame Hashira Rengoku & it had some foreshadowing for those who haven’t seen the movie. The next six eps are essentially the movie with a bit of extra footage to fit the time allotment.

New content (the Entertainment District arc) is scheduled to begin on December 5.

Edited by Ohayotaku

One definite plus to adapting the Mugen Train movie as part of season 2 are the new OP/ED which are absolute FIRE 🤩

Plus the Taisho Secret skits at the end of the episodes have been cute & funny 😁 

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 1 month later...

Last week’s double length episode served as both an epilogue to Mugen Train & a prologue to The Entertainment District arc. The note it ended on, wasn’t surprised to see the main trio disguised as girls this week 😂 This arc is starting out with a much more comedic tone than the previous ones, but looks like it will darken up later. The visuals are stunning as expected.

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2022 at 10:37 AM, Lelouch said:

Been watching the series since the beginning I must say the story is very well written second season hasn't disappointed hopefully we get a  third season 

I think the Manga is bound to be animated until the end especially since the Anime is really well-received by the audience. I just think that the ending was kinda rushed since the Mangaka seemed to have some personal struggles on her side. But the ending is still promising and I can’t wait for the Blacksmith Village arc ❤️