Most feel-good game?

SAO LILDOOP

In your opinion, what is the most feel-good game? This can be anything, from a game with a touching story to one with a great soundtrack, just anything that makes you feel good when playing. :D 

For me, it has got to be Gravity Rush. Whenever I play that game I feel as if I have been whisked away into its world, like I am the one drifting through the skies of Auldnoir. The music plays a massive role in my enjoyment of the game as well as its captivating aura, it really just feels magical; however the soundtrack alone does not achieve the entire vibe. The gameplay itself, the ease of controls, graphics and smooth game play and camera angle really complete the whole thing. 

I may get incredibly invested in other video-games stories or characters, but no game has ever made me feel as a part of its own world as Gravity Rush. ~♥

Edited by SAO LILDOOP
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

I would have to say Ōkami is my all time favorite game that I've been in love with since I heard about it in 2006. The story is just amazing to me and the graphics are absolutely breathtaking. <3 I really loved how the creators of Ōkami designed it and thought up of the story line as well. I really love the fact the main protagonist is a wolf since I'm a huge fan of them and always been my favorite animal since I could remember. Truly just an magnificent game I have to say and I'll always love and treasure it~  d5cpsu9-73cb41df-6d61-4be8-842d-43487d8832ca.gif.836151cfaba70f46f79f961071774147.gif

• Like 1

Probably Stardew Valley. I can do anything or nothing. Aim for making money or just hang out with the townsfolk. Makes me wish at times for more games like that.  You don't even have to do combat if you really don't want to.  

• Like 1

First I have to say that I'm not big on arena-style games or games like quake or Doom where someone/something is always either shooting at you or being shot at by you.  The reason I play games is to relax and have fun so pretty much the only games that I play are "feel good" in that sense.

That said, Minecraft is probably the best in general.  The game itself of course is a sandbox where you can do anything you like, or nothing.  My friends and I have a "hard" survival server that we play on, and while that might sound scary and not very relaxing, we're all experienced players with good equipment and we've built several areas that are quite safe where someone can avoid hostile mobs other scary bits altogether if they so choose.  Unless a player does something really stupid it is kind of hard for veteran players to get into any real trouble anyway anywhere in minecraft's overworld even in a survival game even if building out in the wilderness.  The safe areas are good places to zone out while crafting or farming, to goof off while socializing, to build a new house/castle/statue, or whatever.  And if you're looking for a little adventure then getting to the Nether or going spelunking is simple enough.

The other game I play a lot is Kerbal Space Program.  I'm generally "left-brained" so I find designing vehicles in the "VAB" (Vehicle Assembly Building) to be quite relaxing.  Game-time is stopped in the VAB so there's no time pressure and I can spend all day in there.  Once built, flying a good vehicle and planning/completing a mission has high satisfaction value.  Even when you're zooming around in-game working on completing a contract, most of the time in KSP you're just waiting around for the next event so you have chances to stop and look at the scenery.  I have a number of visual mods and a decent enough GPU that sometimes I leave the game at normal speed, set aside my left brain, and just use my right brain to sit and marvel at an in-game sunset/sunrise or to watch the ground scroll by below as I float along in orbit.

(Unfortunately neither of those games have that great an in-game soundtrack however.  They're good enough, but after a while they get repetitive and I usually have something like Spotify going in the background for the noise factor.  I even have a "KSP" playlist with music appropriate for space travel for when I play that game.)

Assassin's Creed games give that feel good feeling. I'm not talking so much on the assassinating people part even though that's fun with how many ways you can do that. I'm talking about the history i get from it when I run through the cities.

For instance, just two days ago the Notre-Dame church in France burnt down because of construction work. After I heard that I went to play Assassin's Creed Unity and just ran through the city getting different angles of the beautiful church in its prime. Every angle, every stone, every inch of data the designers in making that church was magnificent. This is why I enjoy AC games so much, the rich history that comes from the game is amazing and in my opinion what makes  the game so different from anything anyone else plays.

• Like 2

@King_Sama I have a friend who grew up in Rome and is a huge AC fan. He told me that he was surprised at how much Rome in one of the AC was actually like Rome and that he could actually use what he knew about Rome in the game to navigate. Haven't played AC games myself yet but I might give it a shot if I ever find the time, especially now that there are collections for the PS4 out.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

@King_Sama I have a friend who grew up in Rome and is a huge AC fan. He told me that he was surprised at how much Rome in one of the AC was actually like Rome and that he could actually use what he knew about Rome in the game to navigate. Haven't played AC games myself yet but I might give it a shot if I ever find the time, especially now that there are collections for the PS4 out.

You have to. Great game, great story, great scenery, You'll love it. 

• Like 1

Final Fantasy 7 and 10 are mine. FF7 was one of the first real games I played and I remember thinking how magical I thought the story was, and I loved the chocobos lol. I didn't play a lot of games again until FFX which got me back into gaming and I remember when it came out thinking how amazing the graphics were, and I was in love with the story line. I remember just wanting to get home from school so I could play on it some more. I still love playing those 2 as well, gives me nice nostalgic feelings.

Computer game wise, Runescape does the same thing for me. I have been playing since 01 or 02 when I was really, really young. I still play it and everytime I get on I just get all these great feelings from when I was a kid. 

52 minutes ago, Sofi said:

I didn't play a lot of games again until FFX which got me back into gaming and I remember when it came out thinking how amazing the graphics were, and I was in love with the story line. I remember just wanting to get home from school so I could play on it some more. I still love playing those 2 as well, gives me nice nostalgic feelings.

Blitzball was a whole nother reason to never leave the game 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Blitzball was a whole nother reason to never leave the game 

I was soooooooooo bad at that but I loved doing it anyways.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/27/2019 at 6:16 AM, IIVIsouljam said:

This will probably read as super weird but Prototype (back when it came out) gave me such a comfy feeling. I loved roaming the Manhattan streets at night. Where the street lights hummed and the sounds of the Manhattan bank, crashing on the docks, were surprisingly soothing. Mostly, it was just the open world of the game itself that gave me such a good feeling. Now, the recent God of War made me feel all kinds of good! It hit so close to home. It managed to remind me of some healthy emotions during a time of self-discovery. 

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, is a constant feel-good game for me. Partly for nostalgia but partly because the game has a relaxing and rich environment. The music also sets the mood and tone for each place visited. Love the games ability to make you feel connected to everything. ❤️

The Fallout universe too. Might come off as bizarre sounding for sure! There's just something in survival and having your companions around to the beat of some golden oldie songs that's absolutely captivating. Venturing out into the unknown to discover new places and people. Building reputation and scavenging for things to create shelter. The eerie radiation storms that you take cover from are strikingly impressive. I can't help but etch out a little cosiness from its presence while I make sure that my creaky shelter holds up. 😆

Oh totally agree on Fallout. I get a similar feeling from The Elder Scrolls games too.

I might have to replace Minecraft in my original answer with Red Dead Redemption 2. I really love just leisurely roaming the world, seeing what events come my way, and stopping here and there to hunt, fish, or commit genocide specifically on boars.