Hello everyone!

Zen Wistaria

Hello everyone, I'm Banri, it's nice to meet you all.

I've joined AF to meet new friends in the anime and manga community.

The genre's I enjoy watching in anime and reading in manga are Slice of Life, Romance and Comedy.

Golden Time is my favourite anime, the story made such a huge impact on me how it ended that I hold it close to my heart.

I also enjoy retro gaming, although I haven't been doing much gaming lately, Lemmings is my all time favourite series.

Between watching anime and reading manga, I've been brushing up on my PHP programming language skills, it's enjoyable but challenging at times.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them, thank you and hope to see you all around :)

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Welcome glad you found your way here. Members are pretty friendly so you should be able to find some folks with common interests.

I haven't seen Golden Time yet but it's on my radar. I've seen a number of slice of life series I've enjoyed. Favorites are Azumanga Daioh, Yuru Camp, Flying Witch & K-ON!. As far as romcoms, I liked Recovery of an MMO Junkie & Re LIFE. Most games I play anymore are retro (primarily my 2DS XL, but hoping to get a Switch sometime in the near future.

Hope you enjoy your time spent here 😁

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

Hey welcome aboard ⛩

I’ve enjoyed some slice of life anime. I Loved ToraDora and K-On! Watching Flying witch now 🙂 there’s a discussion thread floating around here for it somewhere, feel free to jump on in!

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will like it here as everyone seems nice ^^ I am fairly new myself and the community is pretty welcoming! 

If you ever want to chat feel free to drop me a message ~ enjoy your stay!

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

5 hours ago, Banri said:

Lemmings

👍

I played that on the Amiga, back in the day.  Bought it the day it came out.  Had a blast with it.  I even have a little lemming lapel pin that came with it, er, somewhere.  :D 

Edit: Found it!

Lemming.thumb.jpg.57dcf7d6755ad045bf5ab94d72a39e35.jpg

Edited by efaardvark
found it!
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Banri said:

Hello everyone, I'm Banri, it's nice to meet you all.

I've joined AF to meet new friends in the anime and manga community.

The genre's I enjoy watching in anime and reading in manga are Slice of Life, Romance and Comedy.

Golden Time is my favourite anime, the story made such a huge impact on me how it ended that I hold it close to my heart.

I also enjoy retro gaming, although I haven't been doing much gaming lately, Lemmings is my all time favourite series.

Between watching anime and reading manga, I've been brushing up on my PHP programming language skills, it's enjoyable but challenging at times.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them, thank you and hope to see you all around :)

welcome to af-forums~

romance and comedy are my best genre's too

now that you mentioned retro gaming, i feel like playing some old games again...might pick some up later >.>

anywho's, i lack words atm, so, welcome to af-forums, hope you enjoy your stay~

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Welcome glad you found your way here. Members are pretty friendly so you should be able to find some folks with common interests.

I haven't seen Golden Time yet but it's on my radar. I've seen a number of slice of life series I've enjoyed. Favorites are Azumanga Daioh, Yuru Camp, Flying Witch & K-ON!. As far as romcoms, I liked Recovery of an MMO Junkie & Re LIFE. Most games I play anymore are retro (primarily my 2DS XL, but hoping to get a Switch sometime in the near future.

Hope you enjoy your time spent here 😁

Thank you very much, Ohiotaku

I recently completed Yuru Camp and enjoyed it, I also enjoyed Recovery of an MMO Junkie and Re LIFE too.

I haven't seen Azumanga Daioh, Flying Witch & K-On! I'll be sure to check them out, thanks!

I have a 2DS, it's a great system but one I've only been able to play in short bursts because of the design, I find it uncomfortable to hold after a while, I've tried to find a grip for it but it seems no companies have made one for it. I've recently been looking at the New 2DS XL system, plus companies have made grips for that, so I might have to upgrade to that system so I can do longer gaming sessions on the go! :D

Thanks!

6 hours ago, brycec said:

Hey, Banri.

I am glad to see your post went through.

I had no idea you knew PHP. Do you know any other programming languages?

Hey, brycec!

Thanks for recommending AF to me, I really appreciate it!

I also know some HTML and CSS (Bootstrap), I'm also looking into getting into the world of JavaScript sometime too, the rapid pace of development with the libraries available I find outstanding, there's an abundance of libraries available for me to explore! :D

Do you by any chance do any programming?

3 hours ago, Seshi said:

Hey welcome aboard ⛩

I’ve enjoyed some slice of life anime. I Loved ToraDora and K-On! Watching Flying witch now 🙂 there’s a discussion thread floating around here for it somewhere, feel free to jump on in!

Thank you very much, Seshi

Toradora was one of the first anime's I watched, absolutely loved it!

I haven't seen K-On! or Flying Witches, I'll be sure to check them out, many thanks!

1 hour ago, Sofi said:

Hi and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will like it here as everyone seems nice ^^ I am fairly new myself and the community is pretty welcoming! 

If you ever want to chat feel free to drop me a message ~ enjoy your stay!

Hey Sofi, thank you very much :)

I'm looking forward to enjoying my stay here! ^^

I really appreciate that, many thanks! ^^

1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

👍

I played that on the Amiga, back in the day.  Bought it the day it came out.  Had a blast with it.  I even have a little lemming lapel pin that came with it, er, somewhere.  :D 

Edit: Found it!

Lemming.thumb.jpg.57dcf7d6755ad045bf5ab94d72a39e35.jpg

Hey, efaardvark

Amiga has to be my all time favourite computer system, so many great memories from my childhood I spent on the Amiga 500! :D

That Lemmings pin is awesome, thanks for sharing a picture of it!

34 minutes ago, XII360 said:

welcome to af-forums~

romance and comedy are my best genre's too

now that you mentioned retro gaming, i feel like playing some old games again...might pick some up later >.>

anywho's, i lack words atm, so, welcome to af-forums, hope you enjoy your stay~

Thank you very much, XII360

One of the many things I appreciate with retro gaming is looking at it from a developers point of view, back in the day with limited hardware resources the best developers were very creative with what was available at the time, and I think it's because of that it pushed them to make some of the best titles that are still remembered even to this day. :)

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

24 minutes ago, Banri said:

Hey, brycec!

Thanks for recommending AF to me, I really appreciate it!

No problem.

I hope you enjoy your time here, and don’t be afraid to explore the other areas.

26 minutes ago, Banri said:

I also know some HTML and CSS (Bootstrap), I'm also looking into getting into the world of JavaScript sometime too, the rapid pace of development with the libraries available I find outstanding, there's an abundance of libraries available for me to explore! :D

Do you by any chance do any programming?

I never used boot strap, but I am pretty proficient in HTML and CSS. In fact, I did the layout for my blog and the site at the root of my domain name myself.

As for my programming experience, I have done Java programming and made a couple Android apps, though I am now rusty in my skills with Java.

I recently learned Apple’s Swift and was able to learn what I needed to put together the foundations of a text-based RPG, including importing assets from JSON files and how to map things, so that I can grab objects by identifiers.

I also dabbled with Python a bit, which allowed me to generate QR codes for networks and retrieve posts and preserve tag relationships from both Wordpress and Habari blogs (Wordpress was a pain to figure out).

I do know some PHP, but I am still a little weak in that area.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 6:26 AM, brycec said:

No problem.

I hope you enjoy your time here, and don’t be afraid to explore the other areas.

I never used boot strap, but I am pretty proficient in HTML and CSS. In fact, I did the layout for my blog and the site at the root of my domain name myself.

As for my programming experience, I have done Java programming and made a couple Android apps, though I am now rusty in my skills with Java.

I recently learned Apple’s Swift and was able to learn what I needed to put together the foundations of a text-based RPG, including importing assets from JSON files and how to map things, so that I can grab objects by identifiers.

I also dabbled with Python a bit, which allowed me to generate QR codes for networks and retrieve posts and preserve tag relationships from both Wordpress and Habari blogs (Wordpress was a pain to figure out).

I do know some PHP, but I am still a little weak in that area.

I'd like to recommend a great app I'm using at the moment ~ it's called SoloLearn: Learn to Code for Free, it's available on both Google Play and Apple's iOS

The app covers many different programming languages, at the moment I'm using it for PHP, everything I've read so far in the app has been super easy to understand, I absolutely recommend it! :)

7 hours ago, xWickedNekox said:

Hello Banri!... Welcome to AF!... :3

Hello Neko! Thank you so much! :3

15 minutes ago, Kaga Koko said:

Banri welcome to AF party 

Thank you so much Kaga! :3

Edited by Banri

6 minutes ago, Banri said:

I'd like to recommend a great app I'm using at the moment ~ it's called SoloLearn: Learn to Code for Free, it's available on both Google Play and Apple's iOS

The app covers many different programming languages, at the moment I'm using it for PHP, everything I've read so far in the app has been super easy to understand, I absolutely recommend it! :)

Hello Neko! Thank you so much! :3

Thank you so much Kaga! :3

Lol who are you though jk

• Funny 1

6 hours ago, Banri said:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Normally, I learn through dabbling, and that means that I do not always get a good foundation.

Does it cover Swift? I do not particularly need something to learn it, as I took one class on it and delved into both of Apple’s books, which are available on Apple platforms only, and those books were good, though at the time, some code only worked on Apple platforms, but now you can use the mostly same code to look into the documents directory (before you needed a work around that grabbed the home directory and then you pieced things together), regardless of platform.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, brycec said:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Normally, I learn through dabbling, and that means that I do not always get a good foundation.

Does it cover Swift? I do not particularly need something to learn it, as I took one class on it and delved into both of Apple’s books, which are available on Apple platforms only, and those books were good, though at the time, some code only worked on Apple platforms, but now you can use the mostly same code to look into the documents directory (before you needed a work around that grabbed the home directory and then you pieced things together), regardless of platform.

You're welcome mate.

I'm exactly the same, I've learnt PHP from dabbling with open source projects - I learn from seeing code live.

I stumbled upon the SoloLearn PHP app completely by accident one day and I'm so glad I did, everything I've read so far has been explained in a way that I couldn't understand from reading a lot of websites I've tried in the past.

I've checked the SoloLearn app page on Google Play and they do have a dedicated app for the Swift platform called Learn Programming with Swift https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sololearn.swift

Edited by Banri

14 minutes ago, Banri said:

You're welcome mate.

I'm exactly the same, I've learnt PHP from dabbling with open source projects - I learn from seeing code live.

I stumbled upon the SoloLearn app completely by accident one day and I'm glad I did, it explains things in a way to me that I couldn't get from reading a lot of websites I've tried in the past.

I've checked the SoloLearn app page on Google Play and they do have a dedicated app for the Swift platform called Learn Programming with Swift ~ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sololearn.swif

I’ll need to check it out more some time.

From the sounds of it, seems like Apple’s own books on Swift (both of which are free, though you need an iOS device and it assumes you use a Mac). I could understand when and how to use things, but there was never a good foundation until I went through their books, the second one in their arsenal to be exact. They have two books and the one labeled Intro is terrible for all skill levels, since dabbling is all it is and newbies do not get any good explanation of things.

They also have interactive games where they have you type code as input too, to help practice basics. The app that hosts those interactive games are free too, though is Apple only, so the SoloLearn might be more worth it.

Edited by brycec
  • Like 1